CDZ What is White Privilege?

Do you subscribe to the idea of White Privilege

• Total voters
It's nice to meet you, so to speak. What is an "African-centered black man"?

A Black man that doesnt subscribe to European train of thought, labels, and definitions. Instead I see things from a African prospective/reality.

Did you immigrate from Africa? If not, you can't help but be influenced by European perspectives, it permeates our society thoroughly.

A Black man that doesnt subscribe to European train of thought, labels, and definitions. Instead I see things from a African prospective/reality.

Did you immigrate from Africa? If not, you can't help but be influenced by European perspectives, it permeates our society thoroughly.
No. I grew up here. Its not easy but it can be done. Actually visiting Africa is what started me on the process.

So how does an African-centric perspective differ from a European one?
The first thing to go is religion then history. The worlds religions are all based on African religions. The world history I was taught by the school system was not reality. Things like Columbus discovered America are merely fables to promote white superiority.

So, okay...that's interesting. I agree that American history is extremely white-centric, but I don't think there is any historical proof for believing that blacks discovered America. Or is there?

So, okay...that's interesting. I agree that American history is extremely white-centric, but I don't think there is any historical proof for believing that blacks discovered America. Or is there?
Yes there is proof.. White people like to label things in order to cause confusion. They also like to tell you what is and what is not Black/African.

All white people, or just some of them? Also, do you have a citation for the claim that blacks discovered America?

All white people, or just some of them? Also, do you have a citation for the claim that blacks discovered America?
When I say white people I am only generalizing. I have a daughter thats half white and my god daughter is white.
Here is a link.
Skulls in South America Tell New Migration Tale

"The skulls belonging to the earliest known South Americans--or Paleo-Indians--had long, narrow crania, projecting jaws, and low, broad eye sockets and noses. Drastically different from American Indians, these skulls appear more similar to modern Australians, Melanesians, and Sub-Saharan Africans."

Here is a video from the BBC on it.

When I say white people I am only generalizing. I have a daughter thats half white and my god daughter is white.
Here is a link.

"The skulls belonging to the earliest known South Americans--or Paleo-Indians--had long, narrow crania, projecting jaws, and low, broad eye sockets and noses. Drastically different from American Indians, these skulls appear more similar to modern Australians, Melanesians, and Sub-Saharan Africans."

Very interesting, thanks for sharing! I wonder what this will do to columbus day celebrations?

Here is a link.

Very interesting, thanks for sharing! I wonder what this will do to columbus day celebrations?

Nothing probably. This is what I meant by labels though. If you note they use labels by calling Black people 3 different names.

Nothing probably. This is what I meant by labels though. If you note they use labels by calling Black people 3 different names.

Sort of. Indigenous australians are somewhat different, genetically, from native Africans. Maybe they use these labels to define the specific areas from which these people groups migrated.

Forum List

Back