What is wrong with being gay exactly?

In more plain language:

California "Incest" Laws
Penal Code 285 PC

Incest—defined as marriage or sexual relations between close relatives—is a felony in California.1

The types of relatives who may not marry or have sex with each other under Penal Code 285 PC, California's incest law, are:

1. Parents and children;
  2. Grandparents and grandchildren, or anyone else with an ancestor-descendant relationship (like great-grandparents and their great-grandchildren);
  3. Siblings;
  4. Half-siblings; and
  5. Uncles/aunts and nieces/nephews.2
Unlike with many other California sex crimes, lack of consent is not an element of Penal Code 285 incest. In other words, you can be guilty of this offense even if both parties to the sexual relationship consented.3

In Virginia incest is a felony.

LIS Code of Virginia 18.2-366

Virginia Revised Statutes
§ 18.2-366
B. Any person who commits adultery or fornication with his daughter or granddaughter, or with her son or grandson, or her father or his mother, shall be guilty of a Class 5 felony. However, if a parent or grandparent commits adultery or fornication with his or her child or grandchild, and such child or grandchild is at least thirteen years of age but less than eighteen years of age at the time of the offense, such parent or grandparent shall be guilty of a Class 3 felony.
>>>>
Seems to be talking about 18yo and younger.

Almost all states criminalize incest between adult relatives.[...]
Rhode Island repealed its criminal (adult) incest statute in 1989,and New Jersey law imposes no criminal penalties for incest where both parties are adults, although marriages between related adults in both states are still void. Other states also prohibit marriage between related people, in addition to imposing criminal penalties for incest.

Incest Sexual Abuse Crimes Criminal Law
Where's your love?

Full Marriage Equality Frequently Asked Question How Common is Incest
Full Marriage Equality
Advocating for the right of consenting adults to share and enjoy love, sex, residence, and marriage without limits on the gender, number, or relation of participants. Full marriage equality is a basic human right.

The Supreme Court doesn't have to do anything- but what they are not deciding is incestuous marriage.

And yes-adult incest is a crime in most if not all states. Maybe not in yours.
Between adults? Can you post one up? Unlike yourself, the judges will need to think about the implications of their ruling. They can't live in your bubble and probably don't have your depth of understanding though...
Glad to

CA Codes pen 281-289.6

285. Persons being within the degrees of consanguinity within which
marriages are declared by law to be incestuous and void, who
intermarry with each other, or who being 14 years of age or older,
commit fornication or adultery with each other,
are punishable by
imprisonment in the state prison.
You saw the next one right? Glad to help:

286. (a) Sodomy is sexual conduct consisting of contact between the
penis of one person and the anus of another person. Any sexual
penetration, however slight, is sufficient to complete the crime of
sodomy.

§ 18.2-366
B. Any person who commits adultery or fornication with his daughter or granddaughter, or with her son or grandson, or her father or his mother, shall be guilty of a Class 5 felony. However, if a parent or grandparent commits adultery or fornication with his or her child or grandchild, and such child or grandchild is at least thirteen years of age but less than eighteen years of age at the time of the offense, such parent or grandparent shall be guilty of a Class 3 felony.

>>>>

Nope, try reading it again. I'll explain it to you.

Fornication for anyone over 18 with a close family member is a Class 5 felony.

Fornication for anyone under 18 but over 13 with a close family member is a Class 3 felony.

In both case incest in Virginia is a felony, felony being a crime - but you knew that right? (Meaning you know that a felony is a crime.)

>>>>

§ 18.2-366

>>>>

Nope, try reading it again. I'll explain it to you.

Fornication for anyone over 18 with a close family member is a Class 5 felony.

Fornication for anyone under 18 but over 13 with a close family member is a Class 3 felony.

In both case incest in Virginia is a felony, felony being a crime - but you knew that right? (Meaning you know that a felony is a crime.)

>>>>
OK retard. His daughter, her son. Show me where it mentions same genders. Try reading again.

The Supreme Court doesn't have to do anything- but what they are not deciding is incestuous marriage.

Between adults? Can you post one up? Unlike yourself, the judges will need to think about the implications of their ruling. They can't live in your bubble and probably don't have your depth of understanding though...
Glad to

CA Codes pen 281-289.6

are punishable by

sodomy.

Wow- you can read! I wasn't sure.

Meanwhile- want to address the actual claim you made- that I was responding to- before you go off down some other rabbit hole?

Here let me remind you

Between adults? Can you post one up?

Yes- incest is illegal between adults in most states.

Despite your ignorant claims otherwise.

Glad to

CA Codes pen 281-289.6

are punishable by

sodomy.

Wow- you can read! I wasn't sure.

Meanwhile- want to address the actual claim you made- that I was responding to- before you go off down some other rabbit hole?

Here let me remind you

Between adults? Can you post one up?

Yes- incest is illegal between adults in most states.

Despite your ignorant claims otherwise.
What makes you guys so dense? I didn't claim it was legal anywhere. I asked two questions, those aren't statements. and what about your stance on consenting adults, you're avoiding the obvious moral question.

But good that you now know sodomy is illegal in California, the law is the law, remember?

Full Faith & Credit recognition of my legal, civil marriage. I need an App to figure out if I'm legally married as I travel state to state.

I'm leaving CA where I am married, traveling to Florida (ironically for a 2nd honeymoon) where I'm not married? WTF over?

Are you going to LIVE THERE? Why would you even go there if you think you'd have a problem?

Why would you want to if you're going to be "oppressed"?

Why is it SO IMPORTANT to you if people recognize your lifestyle? Why do they even need to know? Why does THAT define you? Why can't YOU ACCEPT that some people believe it's wrong, and not shove their nose into it?

Only retards and social conservatives think being gay is a choice one can simply repress.

The best minds now believe it's the result of genetic and environmental influences, and those same minds theorize that they will eventually find all of the influences to be genetic.

So what does it matter if it's genetic, or not completely, if it isn't a choice?

Furthermore, why is it a choice you wan't to prevent people from making? How does a gay couple down the street affect yur life at all unless you chose to be part of theirs.

Opposing gay marriage, and worse yet, opposing being gay....is wrong in so many ways.

It just doesn't hurt you....I don't get it

Actually, you're right: you just don't get it.

You've been a sucker for the Left's propaganda....

The CDC made some points that add up to the fact that it may very well be a choice.

1. "This study asks us to consider is whether impressionable young people could be persuaded by seductive others that they are “genetically” homosexual, when in fact they are not–they have simply been sexually aroused by a member of their own sex. The findings of the CDC study seem to indicate that people, especially young people, can be aroused by a member of the same sex without that arousal signaling that they are “genetically” homosexual. Indeed, that so high a percentage of homosexuals have had sex with members of the opposite sex means that such arousal with a person you are not “naturally” attracted to is possible. After all, you can’t have sex without any arousal whatsoever (at least for men).

The take-away, then, is not about numbers like 1.4% (though that’s pretty illuminating)–the take-away, and it is a very important one for young people, is that if you feel aroused by a member of the same sex, that does not necessarily mean that you are “genetically” homosexual. There’s a small chance you are, but a much, much larger chance that you are not. You are not stuck thinking you are gay even if you have had a same-sex encounter.

Free Debt Management Plan Advice - Get help with your debt.

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nhsr/nhsr036.pdf

2. "In fact, numbers show huge majorities of those who "ever had same sex sexual contact" do not identify long-term as gay.Among women 18-44, for instance, 12.5% report some form of same sex contact at some point in their lives, but among the older segment of that group (35-44),only 0.7% identify as homosexual and 1.1% as bisexual.

In other words, for the minority who may have experimented with gay relationships at some juncture in their lives, well over 80% explicitly renounced homosexual (or even bisexual) self-identification by age of 35. For the clear majority of males (as well as women) who report gay encounters, homosexual activity appears to represent a passing phase, or even a fleeting episode, rather than an unshakable, genetically pre-determined orientation."
Column Does it matter if only 1.4 of people are gay - USATODAY.com

Your comment, "Only retards and social conservatives think being gay is a choice one can simply repress" was pretty disgusting.

Glad I could rub your face in it.

Full Faith & Credit recognition of my legal, civil marriage. I need an App to figure out if I'm legally married as I travel state to state.

I'm leaving CA where I am married, traveling to Florida (ironically for a 2nd honeymoon) where I'm not married? WTF over?

Are you going to LIVE THERE? Why would you even go there if you think you'd have a problem?

Why is it SO IMPORTANT to you if people recognize your lifestyle? Why do they even need to know? Why does THAT define you? Why can't YOU ACCEPT that some people believe it's wrong, and not shove their nose into it?

Only retards and social conservatives think being gay is a choice one can simply repress.

The best minds now believe it's the result of genetic and environmental influences, and those same minds theorize that they will eventually find all of the influences to be genetic.

So what does it matter if it's genetic, or not completely, if it isn't a choice?

Furthermore, why is it a choice you wan't to prevent people from making? How does a gay couple down the street affect yur life at all unless you chose to be part of theirs.

Opposing gay marriage, and worse yet, opposing being gay....is wrong in so many ways.

The CDC made some points that add up to the fact that it may very well be a choice.

1. "This study asks us to consider is whether impressionable young people could be persuaded by seductive others that they are “genetically” homosexual, when in fact they are not–they have simply been sexually aroused by a member of their own sex. The findings of the CDC study seem to indicate that people, especially young people, can be aroused by a member of the same sex without that arousal signaling that they are “genetically” homosexual. Indeed, that so high a percentage of homosexuals have had sex with members of the opposite sex means that such arousal with a person you are not “naturally” attracted to is possible. After all, you can’t have sex without any arousal whatsoever (at least for men).

The take-away, then, is not about numbers like 1.4% (though that’s pretty illuminating)–the take-away, and it is a very important one for young people, is that if you feel aroused by a member of the same sex, that does not necessarily mean that you are “genetically” homosexual. There’s a small chance you are, but a much, much larger chance that you are not. You are not stuck thinking you are gay even if you have had a same-sex encounter.

2. "In fact, numbers show huge majorities of those who "ever had same sex sexual contact" do not identify long-term as gay.Among women 18-44, for instance, 12.5% report some form of same sex contact at some point in their lives, but among the older segment of that group (35-44),only 0.7% identify as homosexual and 1.1% as bisexual.

In other words, for the minority who may have experimented with gay relationships at some juncture in their lives, well over 80% explicitly renounced homosexual (or even bisexual) self-identification by age of 35. For the clear majority of males (as well as women) who report gay encounters, homosexual activity appears to represent a passing phase, or even a fleeting episode, rather than an unshakable, genetically pre-determined orientation."

Your comment, "Only retards and social conservatives think being gay is a choice one can simply repress" was pretty disgusting.

That CDC article doesn't support your contention that being gay is a choice.

So we're still at retards and social conservatives that believe gay is a choice.

So we're still at retards and social conservatives that believe gay is a choice.

No, apparently it's a disease since gay is analyzed by the ... CDC ... Maybe you should take anti-biotics

No, apparently it's a disease since gay is analyzed by the ... CDC ... Maybe you should take anti-biotics

Nah, my biotics are fine. Just had them calibrated.

So you've rushed over to prove that you can't read when the clear documented material doesn't agree with your bias?

No surprise.

Look, behave in any way you choose...but don't lie.

"Eight Major Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality Is Not Genetic
Eight major studies of identical twins in Australia, the U.S., and Scandinavia during the last two decades all arrive at the same conclusion: gays were not born that way.

“At best genetics is a minor factor,” says Dr. Neil Whitehead, PhD.

Identical twins have the same genes or DNA. They are nurtured in equal prenatal conditions. If homosexuality is caused by genetics or prenatal conditions and one twin is gay, the co-twin should also be gay.

“Because they have identical DNA, it ought to be 100%,” Dr. Whitehead notes. But the studies reveal something else. “If an identical twin has same-sex attraction the chances the co-twin has it are only about 11% for men and 14% for women.”

Because identical twins are always genetically identical, homosexuality cannot be genetically dictated. “No-one is born gay,” he notes. “The predominant things that create homosexuality in one identical twin and not in the other have to be post-birth factors.” Dr. Whitehead believes same-sex attraction (SSA) is caused by “non-shared factors,” things happening to one twin but not the other, or a personal response to an event by one of the twins and not the other.

About half of the homosexual/bisexual population (in a non-therapeutic environment) moves towards heterosexuality over a lifetime. About 3% of the present heterosexual population once firmly believed themselves to be homosexual or bisexual.”

“Sexual orientation is not set in concrete,” he notes.
Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic OrthodoxNet.com Blog

So you've rushed over to prove that you can't read when the clear documented material doesn't agree with your bias?

No surprise.

Eight major studies of identical twins in Australia, the U.S., and Scandinavia during the last two decades all arrive at the same conclusion: gays were not born that way.

Identical twins have the same genes or DNA. They are nurtured in equal prenatal conditions. If homosexuality is caused by genetics or prenatal conditions and one twin is gay, the co-twin should also be gay.

“Because they have identical DNA, it ought to be 100%,” Dr. Whitehead notes. But the studies reveal something else. “If an identical twin has same-sex attraction the chances the co-twin has it are only about 11% for men and 14% for women.”

Because identical twins are always genetically identical, homosexuality cannot be genetically dictated. “No-one is born gay,” he notes. “The predominant things that create homosexuality in one identical twin and not in the other have to be post-birth factors.” Dr. Whitehead believes same-sex attraction (SSA) is caused by “non-shared factors,” things happening to one twin but not the other, or a personal response to an event by one of the twins and not the other.

About half of the homosexual/bisexual population (in a non-therapeutic environment) moves towards heterosexuality over a lifetime. About 3% of the present heterosexual population once firmly believed themselves to be homosexual or bisexual.”

I pointed out your CDC posting did not prove your contention. It did not come to the conclusion that being gay is a choice, only that acting on it is.

You failed on the CDC angle so now you're going to post something from a religious blog? How about from a science one:

A genetic analysis of 409 pairs of gay brothers, including sets of twins, has provided the strongest evidence yet that gay people are born gay. The study clearly links sexual orientation in men with two regions of the human genome that have been implicated before, one on the X chromosome and one on chromosome 8.

The finding is an important contribution to mounting evidence that being gay is biologically determined rather than a lifestyle choice. In some countries, such as Uganda, being gay is still criminalised, and some religious groups believe that gay people can be "treated" to make them straight.

"It erodes the notion that sexual orientation is a choice," says study leader Alan Sanders of the NorthShore Research Institute in Evanston, Illinois.

The region on the X chromosome picked out by the study, called Xq28, was originally identified in 1993 by Dean Hamer of the US National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Maryland, but attempts to validate the finding since have been mixed. The other region picked out is in the twist in the centre of chromosome 8. Known as 8q12, it was first signposted in 2005.​

Largest Twin Study Homes in on "Gay Genes"

In more plain language:

California "Incest" Laws
Penal Code 285 PC

Incest—defined as marriage or sexual relations between close relatives—is a felony in California.1

The types of relatives who may not marry or have sex with each other under Penal Code 285 PC, California's incest law, are:

1. Parents and children;
  2. Grandparents and grandchildren, or anyone else with an ancestor-descendant relationship (like great-grandparents and their great-grandchildren);
  3. Siblings;
  4. Half-siblings; and
  5. Uncles/aunts and nieces/nephews.2
Unlike with many other California sex crimes, lack of consent is not an element of Penal Code 285 incest. In other words, you can be guilty of this offense even if both parties to the sexual relationship consented.3

Rhode Island has some legalized incest as with uncles-nieces, and New York state as well,

NY State blesses incest marriage between uncle niece New York Post

Nah, my biotics are fine. Just had them calibrated.

Maybe some hormone therapy? Keep trying. My nephew is a biomedical engineer, he says there's a lot of hope to cure gays

No surprise.

I pointed out your CDC posting did not prove your contention. It did not come to the conclusion that being gay is a choice, only that acting on it is.

You failed on the CDC angle so now you're going to post something from a religious blog? How about from a science one:

A genetic analysis of 409 pairs of gay brothers, including sets of twins, has provided the strongest evidence yet that gay people are born gay. The study clearly links sexual orientation in men with two regions of the human genome that have been implicated before, one on the X chromosome and one on chromosome 8.

The finding is an important contribution to mounting evidence that being gay is biologically determined rather than a lifestyle choice. In some countries, such as Uganda, being gay is still criminalised, and some religious groups believe that gay people can be "treated" to make them straight.

"It erodes the notion that sexual orientation is a choice," says study leader Alan Sanders of the NorthShore Research Institute in Evanston, Illinois.

The region on the X chromosome picked out by the study, called Xq28, was originally identified in 1993 by Dean Hamer of the US National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Maryland, but attempts to validate the finding since have been mixed. The other region picked out is in the twist in the centre of chromosome 8. Known as 8q12, it was first signposted in 2005.​

Somehow you protagonists are never able to connect the dots when they prove the case against you.

The CDC study did exactly what I said it did.

. As the researcher who supposedly discovered the “gay gene” noted, “Homosexuality is not purely genetic… environmental factors play a role. There is not a single master gene that makes people gay….I don’t think we will ever be able to predict who will be gay” (Dean Hamer).

Stop being so defense and accept the truth....let go of your anger.
It'll set you free.

No surprise.

Somehow you protagonists are never able to connect the dots when they prove the case against you.

The CDC study did exactly what I said it did.

. As the researcher who supposedly discovered the “gay gene” noted, “Homosexuality is not purely genetic… environmental factors play a role. There is not a single master gene that makes people gay….I don’t think we will ever be able to predict who will be gay” (Dean Hamer).

Stop being so defense and accept the truth....let go of your anger.
It'll set you free.

Saying that being gay is not purely genetic is not saying being gay is a choice. How do you not get that?

I'm gay and I know I did not choose to be gay. If you believe you made a choice, we'd call that bi on the spectrum. I'm on the gay side of the spectrum and I didn't choose to be here, but I'm happy here anyway.

Forum List

Back