What is wrong with what Akin said???

BagleP20120821_low.jpg

Have you read this thread?

Yes, and virtually everyone says that his statement was stupid.

Many point out that the faux outrage of the left is even stupider.

It's the Republicans that are stabbing him in the back.

Nobody in GOP demanded that Mike Huckabee get out of the 2008 presidential primaries after he said in a debate that he didn't believe in evolution,

which is at least as stupid.

The statement was really stupid, but it didn't change anything. He is the same person with the same opinions today that he had last week. Which might explain why his poll numbers haven't changed very much.

I have one question for you conservative christians that have jumped to conclusions about Akin..
What would Jesus Do when confronted with a raped pregnant woman .. would he condone abortion?

Since abortion was allowed both by Romans and Jews at the time of Christ, and since Christ never commented on the topic, as far as we know,

the reasonable rational logical conclusion to reach based on the evidence available is that Jesus was pro-choice.

Republicans should stand up and defend this Akins nut to the teeth. Pitch a tent in his campaign's front yard and get to work screaming it from the rooftops.

BTW, what kind of rape is not legitimate?

Maybe he could sell chicken sandwiches and those who support him can rally around his stance....

If we can learn from that episode, the faux outrage the right has when they are being "assaulted" can be whipped up into a frenzy.

So you jerks care nothing about the 1st ammendment I see.... that or you have NO IDEA what "that episode" was all about.

What a bunch of idiots you people are...

I don't base my political views on mythology, but if my Sunday School teaching were correct, the one thing he wouldn't do is condemn the rape victim.

Who condemned the rape victim? Akin certainly nor have I!
But if the rape victim murdered the baby that would be worthy of condemnation!

Jesus certainly wouldn't say.."oh I'm so sorry you were raped. Go ahead kill the baby!"

Or he might have. It depends on which mortal man was writing Jesus' dialogue that day, doesn't it?

Luke 18:16

But Jesus called the children to him and said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.

his statements show his ignorance of the female body which does not know friendly sperm from foe...

o and let me add.....you are fucking idiot for not getting that

Obviously you are NOT pre-disposed to science.. but the premise is there are hormonal actions that are involved in this.
Explain this to me..

If there were 1,300,000 "legitimate/illegitimate" rapes in 2010.
If there were 13,000 human beings murdered due to these rapes that works out to
1% of the "legitimate/illegitimate" rapes" resulted in pregnancies.
That means 99% of the "legitimate/illegitimate" rapes" didn't end up with pregnancies.

How many U.S. abortions are performed each year due to rape, incest, and danger to the life of the mother? - Yahoo! Answers

Boy, you are really dumb if you think your analysis is legitimate.....

his statements show his ignorance of the female body which does not know friendly sperm from foe...

o and let me add.....you are fucking idiot for not getting that

Perhaps, but serotonin levels from stress have an impact. Real rape is a violent and stressful event. I don't know if he's right or wrong, but I suspect that he is more right than wrong.

And we do need to address "real rape" versus "when I woke up, he was ugly," that is so often called "rape."

There is no scientific evidence to demonstrate that rape victims miscarry. But THAT has no bearing on the argument anyway because Akin claimed they don't get pregnant, not that they miscarry due to stress. Try again.

What is wrong with what Akin said???

To a normal person: the fact that women's reproductive systems cannot distinguish between willing and unwilling sex.

To a far-right, pro-choice nutjob: the fact that he said it in public.

Dumb ass.

Since abortion was allowed both by Romans and Jews at the time of Christ, and since Christ never commented on the topic, as far as we know,

the reasonable rational logical conclusion to reach based on the evidence available is that Jesus was pro-choice.

Actually, the Romans had a practice of smashing the skulls of unwanted children with a rock.

No doubt democrats would support this, if their Planned Parenthood cronies could make billions of dollars a year at it,

There is no scientific evidence to demonstrate that rape victims miscarry.

That's nice. Of course no one ever claimed that there was or that such a thing occured.

See, what you did there is post a "Straw Man" argument, a logical fallacy where you argued against a point no one had proposed.

But THAT has no bearing on the argument anyway because Akin claimed they don't get pregnant, not that they miscarry due to stress. Try again.

The question is whether stress impedes conception, not whether it causes miscarriage.

Here is exactly what Akin said that EVERYONE is SO.... upset with!!!

It seems to me, first of all, from what I understand from doctors, that's really rare. If it's a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down. But let's assume that maybe that didn't work or something. You know, I think there should be some punishment, but the punishment ought to be on the rapist and not attacking the child.

GOP Rep. Todd Akin Criticized For Rape Comment : NPR

Again taken totally OUT of CONTEXT ...LIKE "UNCHAINED"!!!!

Akin says that if it wasn't consensual sex, but actual physical totally against the woman's will (LEGITIMATE), sometimes NATURE will NOT allow conception to occur.

So Akin asks a logical question, JUST because the woman is inconvenienced by a pregnancy why should a human being DIE??:??

Seems like a legitimate statement:
Are you in favor of killing a human being JUST because someone is INCONVENIENCED?

Studies have found approximately 5 percent of rapes result in pregnancy.

All Things Considered host Melissa Block talks with Nick Baumann of Mother Jones magazine about the belief at the core of Missouri state Rep. Todd Akin's furor-raising statement over the weekend: that "legitimate rape" rarely leads to pregnancy.

The belief that hormones or adrenaline protect women from conception during rape has been perpetuated for decades in American political discourse, without scientific basis.

BAUMANN: So, as far as we can tell from CDC and medical studies and Planned Parenthood's released some numbers of their own, there are tens of thousands of pregnancies from rape in the U.S. each year. And about 5 percent of women who are raped get pregnant. About half of those pregnancies end in abortion..

Examining The Truth About Rape And Pregnancy : NPR

Why has Ryan asked him to step down?

The Supreme court has ruled that abortion whackos/Pubs should stfu and move on fcs...Pub dupe tools of the greedy rich...

Sorry Fancblo....nothing is ever settled.

We'll get a conservative court and then the states can decide.

To bad your mom didn't decide.

When did the right in America begin to celebrate ignorance? It is one of the oddest changes in modern times that stupidity is now a virtue? What the hell happened? Are all these Christian schools creating morons? We know Fox viewers are dumber than a rock but come on, not everyone watches that farce as news station. We know Limbaugh is a loud mouthed moron but what the heck happened? Joseph McCarthy was born too soon, he missed the lunacy. http://www.usmessageboard.com/education/226685-america-the-stupid.html

'More Wisdom from the Guy Who Brought You “Rape Can’t Get You Pregnant”

"Willke, if you’re curious, endorsed Romney’s 2008 presidential run—a fact Romney freely boasted about at the time. “I am proud to have the support of a man who has meant so much to the pro-life movement in our country,” Romney said in a 2007 release, according to the New York Daily News. “He knows how important it is to have someone in Washington who will actively promote pro-life policies.”

But “rape can’t get you pregnant” is not the only scientifically suspect notion for which Willke has been a standard-bearer. Here are a few more...."

More Wisdom From The Guy Who Brought You

* Around the world at least 1 in 3 women has been beaten, coerced into sex, or otherwise abused in her lifetime. Most often the abuser is a member of her own family. (John Hopkins School of Public Health 2000)
* 77% of rapes are committed by someone known to the person raped. (Bureau of Justice Statistics 1997)
* According to the National Victim Center, 683,000 women are raped each year. (1992)
* Only 2% of rapists are convicted and imprisoned. (US Senate Judiciary Committee 1993)
* 6 out of 10 rapes are reported by victims to have occurred in their own home or home of a friend, relative or neighbor. (US Dept. of Justice 1997)

http://www2.ucsc.edu/rape-prevention/statistics.html

Last edited:

Forum List

Back