What is wrong with what Akin said???

alas, i have procreated.

now, what?

I guess that proves that he female orgasm is not necessary for procreation.

Well again, the purpose for cervical mucus is to facility sperm transport.
The more mucus the easy for sperm to reach an egg.. again though the operative word is
EGG! Ovulation doesn't occur every day now does it?
But of course the geniuses that you are have calculated that !

Woosh... the sound of concepts going WAY over your as what small amount of chemicals that are used by neuron transmitters has been evaporated by your coke use many years ago...thus woosh! There goes another concept WAY over your head!

Watched a show on Discovery in which they said there is Evidence a woman is many, many times more likely to Get Pregnant if She Orgasms after the Man Ejaculates. The Spasms caused by an Orgasm Cause the Cervix to be Pushed Forward and down which can help insure the Sperm makes it to it's Destination. Their Figures were something crazy like 900% more likely to get Pregnant if the Woman Orgasms after the Man.

If that is true, and we can assume most Chicks are not going to Orgasm while being Raped, then we can deduce that a woman is less likely to get Pregnant from a rape than Consensual sex.

Now, someone else posted a study that Concludes the Opposite so who knows, but it's food for thought.

It is pretty darn funny to see all these conservatives wanting to give Akin the heave-ho simply because he expressed a belief that is not supported by science.

Do we are Damned if we do and Damned if we don't is Basically what you are saying.

Defend him and you attack us, Say he has to go and you laugh at us.

The is an Ignorant ass, and more Importantly just threw and near sure Republican Senate win into leaning Democrat. He Does not represent the Majority of Republicans with the Stupid Shit he said, and decided today he did not care enough about the Republican party, to get the FUCK OUT OF THE RACE after making such a Huge mistake.
If he stays, his constituents will have to decide if they will forgive a gaff or vote for another candidate. It's in the voter's hands on election day if he stays in.

This happens every close election day. Someone says something stupid, and it sells enough newspapers to buy all the oil underneath the shifting sands.

Actually, what I think he was trying to say, and totally fucked it up, was that in cases where the rape can be proved to BE A RAPE, and not some little girl who has regrets for having sex.....then that would be a legitimate accusation of rape.

However, given the morons utter lack of understanding with regard to biology....I think he's just an idiot and has no business as a US Senator.

So you are an expert?
Tell me what good does cervical mucus do?
What affects the flow of cervical mucus?
How would that affect the ease or difficulty in transporting sperm?
Do you think cervical mucus is not a output of pleasure portion of the brain?
Does all of the above go WAY WAY over your head???

Rape can make you pregnant. Period. - CNN.com

Read it. Slowly. And educate yourself you ignorant old fuck.

Geez once again "Show and tell" from grade school! I bet you have NO idea what social biology is do you? Much less do you have ANY idea of what part of the brain provides you the limited cognitive recognition that you display?

i found out that the statistics are compiled and provided by the fbi.

Really? Want to provide a link?

Because the NPR link said that ALL under age girls were considered to have been raped (statutory) which makes the stat absolute bullshit.

they originate from local law enforcement agencies.

Post a link.

Because having sex with a 12 year old is not rape in your mind?

I think it's hilarious that Republicans who don't believe in evolution are calling Akin a crackpot for not believing rape victims can get pregnant.

Actually, what I think he was trying to say, and totally fucked it up, was that in cases where the rape can be proved to BE A RAPE, and not some little girl who has regrets for having sex.....then that would be a legitimate accusation of rape.

However, given the morons utter lack of understanding with regard to biology....I think he's just an idiot and has no business as a US Senator.

You do realize that proof beyond a reasonable doubt of rape, which is a crime, needs to be done in a court of law,

which means the alleged rapist has to be 1) caught, and 2) convicted.

So you are an expert?
Tell me what good does cervical mucus do?
What affects the flow of cervical mucus?
How would that affect the ease or difficulty in transporting sperm?
Do you think cervical mucus is not a output of pleasure portion of the brain?
Does all of the above go WAY WAY over your head???

Geez once again "Show and tell" from grade school! I bet you have NO idea what social biology is do you? Much less do you have ANY idea of what part of the brain provides you the limited cognitive recognition that you display?

Social biology sounds a lot like pseudo bullshit science. Which is the kind of nonsense that the doc who wrote the article was debunking.

You ignorant old fuck.

Social biology sounds a lot like pseudo bullshit science. Which is the kind of nonsense that the doc who wrote the article was debunking.

You ignorant old fuck.

the pitchfork and torch crowd like you ALWAYS are afraid of what you don't understand and consequently you make stupid decisions and always idiotic observations...

Human and Social Biology Degree Options
Students pursuing a degree in this area normally take core courses from the biology department of their school. In addition, they focus on developing an understanding of human beings from cultural, social and behavioral perspectives.
This may involve course work from other departments including genetics, cultural studies, anthropology or public health.

Human and Social Biology: Degree and Career Options

Here is exactly what Akin said that EVERYONE is SO.... upset with!!!

It seems to me, first of all, from what I understand from doctors, that's really rare. If it's a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down. But let's assume that maybe that didn't work or something. You know, I think there should be some punishment, but the punishment ought to be on the rapist and not attacking the child.

GOP Rep. Todd Akin Criticized For Rape Comment : NPR

Again taken totally OUT of CONTEXT ...LIKE "UNCHAINED"!!!!

Akin says that if it wasn't consensual sex, but actual physical totally against the woman's will (LEGITIMATE), sometimes NATURE will NOT allow conception to occur.

So Akin asks a logical question, JUST because the woman is inconvenienced by a pregnancy why should a human being DIE??:??

Seems like a legitimate statement:
Are you in favor of killing a human being JUST because someone is INCONVENIENCED?

Studies have found approximately 5 percent of rapes result in pregnancy.

All Things Considered host Melissa Block talks with Nick Baumann of Mother Jones magazine about the belief at the core of Missouri state Rep. Todd Akin's furor-raising statement over the weekend: that "legitimate rape" rarely leads to pregnancy.

The belief that hormones or adrenaline protect women from conception during rape has been perpetuated for decades in American political discourse, without scientific basis.

BAUMANN: So, as far as we can tell from CDC and medical studies and Planned Parenthood's released some numbers of their own, there are tens of thousands of pregnancies from rape in the U.S. each year. And about 5 percent of women who are raped get pregnant. About half of those pregnancies end in abortion..

Examining The Truth About Rape And Pregnancy : NPR

You have to remember though, the survival of the idiot liberal depends on the "very rare". When you're on the wrong side of the facts, you have not logic or reasoning, then you have to point to the extreme rarity to support your radical view. If one abortion in 600 trillion is done because a woman is raped, the idiot liberal will point to that one extreme situation and go "see! see! this is why we ought to kill baby's every day!"

You ignorant old fuck.

the pitchfork and torch crowd like you ALWAYS are afraid of what you don't understand and consequently you make stupid decisions and always idiotic observations...

Human and Social Biology Degree Options
Students pursuing a degree in this area normally take core courses from the biology department of their school. In addition, they focus on developing an understanding of human beings from cultural, social and behavioral perspectives.
This may involve course work from other departments including genetics, cultural studies, anthropology or public health.

Human and Social Biology: Degree and Career Options

Pitchfork and torch. Laff.

I have one question for you conservative christians that have jumped to conclusions about Akin..
What would Jesus Do when confronted with a raped pregnant woman .. would he condone abortion?

You do realize that proof beyond a reasonable doubt of rape, which is a crime, needs to be done in a court of law,

which means the alleged rapist has to be 1) caught, and 2) convicted.

Not true at all (figures coming from carbineer). They do rape kits every day in hospitals - that is before anyone is "caught" or "tried in a court of law". You don't have to have a convicted rapist to have proof that a rape occurred. There are going to be a wide range of injuries and defensive wounds in that situation. But don't let those facts get in the way of your radical agenda.

Republicans should stand up and defend this Akins nut to the teeth. Pitch a tent in his campaign's front yard and get to work screaming it from the rooftops.

BTW, what kind of rape is not legitimate?

Maybe he could sell chicken sandwiches and those who support him can rally around his stance....

If we can learn from that episode, the faux outrage the right has when they are being "assaulted" can be whipped up into a frenzy.

I have one question for you conservative christians that have jumped to conclusions about Akin..
What would Jesus Do when confronted with a raped pregnant woman .. would he condone abortion?

I don't base my political views on mythology, but if my Sunday School teaching were correct, the one thing he wouldn't do is condemn the rape victim.

I don't base my political views on mythology, but if my Sunday School teaching were correct, the one thing he wouldn't do is condemn the rape victim.

Who condemned the rape victim? Akin certainly nor have I!
But if the rape victim murdered the baby that would be worthy of condemnation!

Jesus certainly wouldn't say.."oh I'm so sorry you were raped. Go ahead kill the baby!"

Who condemned the rape victim? Akin certainly nor have I!
But if the rape victim murdered the baby that would be worthy of condemnation!

Jesus certainly wouldn't say.."oh I'm so sorry you were raped. Go ahead kill the baby!"

Or he might have. It depends on which mortal man was writing Jesus' dialogue that day, doesn't it?

Forum List

Back