What is your CB handle? Do you have Ham radio?

XM 34 585 Starduster is 10-8 and 10-10 on the side.

Other than truck drivers, I think the ham operators go by their identifier. I think my friend's is XXXX or something like that.

They are usually proficient at Morse Code.

oOPS

Golden Taco. Had a 2003 4-WD SR-5 Tacoma pickup w/ a 3.5 inch suspension lift (Fox adjustable coilovers up front, 5100 Bilstein shocks and Downey shackles in the rear), rock sliders, PIAA on-offroad lamps, and a roofmount Wilson longwhip antenna w/ a Uniden floormount CB. And it was gold in color.

I think you're addressing two different audiences here, Chuck. Comparing CB and Ham radio is like comparing country music and bluegrass music. The difference, as I like to put it: you have to be a musician to play bluegrass.

I got my ham license at age 14, about the same time I built my first shortwave radio. You had to learn the code then (you don't any more). I still remember it fluently to send but never got the receiving part down very well.

The license lapsed with growing up but I still do a lot of monitoring and really should fire up another ham license now that I'm in the sticks with plenty of land.

Yep, I have a GRC-106 with a nine meter steerable antenna. I talk to my buddies in Australia and New Zealand all the time.

Chuckt said:
What is your CB handle? Do you have Ham radio?
When I first got on CB my handle was FROG and then I got off for about 10 years and then my new handle was 'Dude' :)

My antenna blew off in a wind event a few years ago (MY WHIP IS GONE) so no one can really hear me well now......

My CB doesn't have a handle nor my ham have a radio. Come to think of it I don't have a CB and the ham is in the freezer........

I have my Extra Class Ham license and am one of the past Presidents of the Ham Club where we previously lived.

Started as a Ham after Hurricanes Charley, Frances and Jeanne in 2004 and was a hurricane shelter Ham Operator during Hurricane Wilma.

We sent some of our Club members to assist in communications during the aftermath of the Haiti earthquake.

Ham Radio ain't just for playing with crystals anymore, Pogo. :)

ARRL has a ton of members and activities for all ages. I recommend starting there if you are interested in Amateur Radio..

Regards from Rosie

I was into cb radio back in the 70s and went by the handle lumberjack. As with most 4 wheelers the novelty wore off and the cb was relegated to the truckers,i kept a cb in my car for my frequent trips Xcountry but for the last 10 years it seems even the truckers arent using cb anymore so i now have no cb radio.

I haven't had a CB radio in about 30 years. Way back then, my CB handle was "Mudcat".

I have my Extra Class Ham license and am one of the past Presidents of the Ham Club where we previously lived.

Started as a Ham after Hurricanes Charley, Frances and Jeanne in 2004 and was a hurricane shelter Ham Operator during Hurricane Wilma.

We sent some of our Club members to assist in communications during the aftermath of the Haiti earthquake.

Ham Radio ain't just for playing with crystals anymore, Pogo. :)

ARRL has a ton of members and activities for all ages. I recommend starting there if you are interested in Amateur Radio..

Regards from Rosie

Reeealllly..... :eusa_think: You get more interesting every post.

Extra Class huh? :bow2:

Gosh, it's been so many years since I had a CB that I almost forgot about those days.

As it turns out, my user name here is exactly what my CB handle was.

Forum List

Back