What is your Political Leaning?

• Liberal

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • Conservative

Votes: 17 44.7%
  • Independent

Votes: 13 34.2%

• Total voters
About 45% of Americans lean Conservative. That ranges from UltraConservatives to Moderate Conservatives.

About 50% of Americans lean Liberal. That ranges from Strong Progressives to Moderate Liberals.

About 5% of Americans are Independent. This group is subdivided into many subgroups. Many of these groups are in conflict with each other.

Not really sure where you got your numbers from. This 2021 Gallup poll is saying 36%, on average, identifying as conservative, 35% as moderate and 25% as liberal.

Americans' Political Ideology Held Steady in 2020

In 2020 the political makeup of voters was 36% conservative, 35% moderate, and 25% liberal

1641427489618.png

So the US is "center-right" generally speaking

Q. What is your Political Leaning?​

A. This:​

The American's Creed​

by William Tyler Page​

I believe in the United States of America as a government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed, a democracy in a republic, a sovereign Nation of many sovereign States; a perfect union, one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice, and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.
I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it, to support its Constitution, to obey its laws, to respect its flag, and to defend it against all enemies.

There are very few of them -- hence they are one of many groups of Independents.

Really? Seems they did a lot of damage in the last years Frpm Ferguson to Portland to Kanosha to Boston. I guess in your ideological mind Communist ideology is independent thinking...

In 2020 the political makeup of voters was 36% conservative, 35% moderate, and 25% liberal

View attachment 584027

So the US is "center-right" generally speaking

I wonder what the breakdown would be if they ran that poll today. I'm guessing a lot of self-described liberals would be switching to the moderate category, which to me is the Independent group. My guess for right now is:

30% conservative, 50% independent, and 20% liberal

I think there's a huge group of people out there who don't much like either party. The conservatives have Trump, which IMHO is a negative, while liberals have Biden, Schumer, and Pelosi, and none of them are particularly popular these days. Which leave a lotta people in the middle; I think many of these people will not vote in November. Center Right is the way I see it as a whole.

About 45% of Americans lean Conservative. That ranges from UltraConservatives to Moderate Conservatives.

About 50% of Americans lean Liberal. That ranges from Strong Progressives to Moderate Liberals.

About 5% of Americans are Independent. This group is subdivided into many subgroups. Many of these groups are in conflict with each other.
NOTA

Shouldn't Independant be a Moderate? Independant is independant of the two main parties, not whether you are just liberal or conservative, and even a liberal can be either conservative or progressive.
"Independent" is a negation....It says that you're not something, not what you favor.

It's the ultimate political cop out.

Forum List

Back