What its like after police ransack your house & take ‘every belonging’then the charges are dropped

Read the WHOLE article. Not just what CC copied.

The Michigan law does not allow what they were doing. However...a local town government MESSED UP and told them they could. The sheriffs (not the town) busted them on a tip that weed is being sold there (again...illegal).

Judge dropped it because the town fucked up. Not the police. Not enough "criminal intent" to stick.

Sheriff should've politely sent Andy Griffith with Aunt Bees blueberry cobbler and told them to knock it off.....especially since selling drugs out of your home with KIDS INSIDE is fucking stupid because once word is out gangs WILL show up with guns one day to rob you (cue snarky lib saying that's exactly what cops did) and probably kill everyone inside.

none of this in any way diffuses the fact they are drug dealers, and dealt drugs out of their home...where children live.

But....to sell drugs out of the home your kids live in and then demand sympathy? Sorry. None here. How dumb.

Cannabis is not a "drug". It's a plant.

Um....almost ALL drugs are "plants" of some sort. Opium. Cannabis. Cocaine. Shrooms. It all grows.

Read the WHOLE article. Not just what CC copied.

The Michigan law does not allow what they were doing. However...a local town government MESSED UP and told them they could. The sheriffs (not the town) busted them on a tip that weed is being sold there (again...illegal).

Judge dropped it because the town fucked up. Not the police. Not enough "criminal intent" to stick.

Sheriff should've politely sent Andy Griffith with Aunt Bees blueberry cobbler and told them to knock it off.....especially since selling drugs out of your home with KIDS INSIDE is fucking stupid because once word is out gangs WILL show up with guns one day to rob you (cue snarky lib saying that's exactly what cops did) and probably kill everyone inside.

none of this in any way diffuses the fact they are drug dealers, and dealt drugs out of their home...where children live.

But....to sell drugs out of the home your kids live in and then demand sympathy? Sorry. None here. How dumb.

Cannabis is not a "drug". It's a plant.

Um....almost ALL drugs are "plants" of some sort. Opium. Cannabis. Cocaine. Shrooms. It all grows.

Um.... no. A drug is manufactured, even if FROM a plant. Thus cocaine is a drug, but the coca it comes from is a plant, a natural substance. But that's not involved here.

This is about Civil Forfeiture not your drug dealing with kids in the house fantasies
but dude, the civil forfeiture was due to the illegal drug dealing with kids in the house. What is it you don't get?

In this country we are innocent until proven guilty. Civil asset forfeiture punishes for guilt until you are proven innocent and even then many people don't get retribution.

What is it you don't get?

Since you are so die-hard about "innocent until proven guilty" I expect an apology to all the cops you demonized who weren't proven guilty.....and I don't expect you to ever do it again until after they're found guilty.

Go fuck yourself, you're always looking for a victim angle. Here all their possessions were taken and bank accounts frozen and you have the balls to whine about people complaining about cops. Didnt take one thing from anyone but someones message on a message board is equivalent to police seizing someones property.

Go get yourself some tissue, a vanilla scented candle and vibrator and fuck yourself

This is about Civil Forfeiture not your drug dealing with kids in the house fantasies
but dude, the civil forfeiture was due to the illegal drug dealing with kids in the house. What is it you don't get?

In this country we are innocent until proven guilty. Civil asset forfeiture punishes for guilt until you are proven innocent and even then many people don't get retribution.

Since you are so die-hard about "innocent until proven guilty" I expect an apology to all the cops you demonized who weren't proven guilty.....and I don't expect you to ever do it again until after they're found guilty.

Go fuck yourself, you're always looking for a victim angle. Here all their possessions were taken and bank accounts frozen and you have the balls to whine about people complaining about cops. Didnt take one thing from anyone but someones message on a message board is equivalent to police seizing someones property.

Go get yourself some tissue, a vanilla scented candle and vibrator and fuck yourself

Oooo.....someone is mad now!! See...all I ask is a little intellectual consistency from you cop haters and you get all bent out of shape.

Oooo.....someone is mad now!! See...all I ask is a little intellectual consistency from you cop haters and you get all bent out of shape.

Thats not consistent or equivalent to anything here

Thats not consistent or equivalent to anything here

Sure it is. You guys are outraged and whining about "innocent until proven guilty!!". Sure. So I remind you cop haters....remember how you preach "innocent until proven guilty" when cops are concerned (you don't). So....I'll just remember to recall this thread next time you and Bro are on a tirade about what a cop ALLEGEDLY did.

imrs.php

What life is like after police ransack your house and take ‘every belonging’ — then the charges are dropped

A self-described Michigan “soccer mom” who had “every belonging” taken from her family in a 2014 drug raid has been cleared of all criminal charges, 19 months after heavily armed drug task force members ransacked her home and her business. But in many ways, her ordeal is only beginning.

Annette Shattuck and her husband, Dale, had been facing felony charges of possession of marijuana with intent to distribute, possession with intent to manufacture marijuana and maintaining a drug house.But last month, Michigan Circuit Court Judge Daniel Kelly threw out all criminal complaints filed against the Shattucks "on the grounds of entrapment by estoppel,"according to court filings. Entrapment by estoppel occurs when a government official leads a defendant to believe that their conduct is permissible under the law.

Watch the video at the link. The Cops took the kids birth certs, medical cards, put a 1 million dollar hold on all accounts, they even took all the money out of their kids birthday cards and the kids car seats and refused to return any of it.
Sounds like the IRS....

Sure it is.

No, taking someones belonging is not the same as complaining about a cops actions. No matter how many times you go "Sure it is" its not

Their stuff was taken as evidence to an arrest. An accusation. And as you say....innocent until proven guilty. I expect the next time a cop is accused of wrongdoing...you are just as quick on the innocent until proven guilty stance.

Sure it is.

No, taking someones belonging is not the same as complaining about a cops actions. No matter how many times you go "Sure it is" its not

Their stuff was taken as evidence to an arrest. An accusation. And as you say....innocent until proven guilty. I expect the next time a cop is accused of wrongdoing...you are just as quick on the innocent until proven guilty stance.

His stuff doesnt get taken so its nowhere near the same. Sorry

Sure it is.

His stuff doesnt get taken so its nowhere near the same. Sorry

No but he gets his face splashed all over the newspaper and Internet and TV for a week and labeled a racist and horrible person, career tainted or ruined, death threats to his family. Stuff is replaceable. Dignity and reputation is not.

So again....I'll remind you and Bro of how much you cherished "innocent until proven guilty" next time a cop is accused of wrongdoing.

Not the same

Oh....explain. Because I thought justice was blind and all citizens were presumed innocent until proven guilty. Guess *certain* citizens need to be tarred and feathered upon a mere accusation but all others deserve dignity and innocence until guilt is proven.

Is that right?

So basically the cops were right, they just went about it the wrong way.

Those poor, poor dope dealers! Boo hoo!

Nothing is right about taking all of someone's possessions BEFORE being found guilty of anything

Nothing is right about taking all of someone's possessions BEFORE being found guilty of anything

What about being fired and publicly demonized and having death threats on ones family...before being found guilty? Thats better than having some material possessions secured as EVIDENCE that can be later returned I suppose.

Forum List

Back