What Killed Detroit: Democrats or Black People?

What Killed Detroit: Democrats or Black People

• Total voters
An overwhelming percentage of blacks are in fact Democrats or they at least always vote for Democrats. So saying both is an answer based on fact.

Nice way to myopically focus there Reinhard.

Facts are a bitch.
Yes they are. Too bad you only use those which support your premise.
Ya know, I'm getting an urge to get dressed up in black robes and burn a Budweiser truck on your front lawn......... Kind of appropriate don'tcha think? :thup:

Democrats and Unions ruined Detroit

Working people making too much money is a recipe for disaster.

I wonder how many of these anti-worker righties look at their own pay check and think that they're making too much. And how many of them go to their boss and request a pay cut.

What killed Wilkes-barre Pennsylvania?

Was it all those Italians that lived there?

Nah...The coal industry moved on.

Gee wonder what killed Detroit?

It couldn't be the big three's problems could it?

Nah, that's too simple for most racists here to fathom.

Nice way to myopically focus there Reinhard.

Facts are a bitch.
Ya know, I'm getting an urge to get dressed up in black robes and burn a Budweiser truck on your front lawn......... Kind of appropriate don'tcha think? :thup:

I have no idea what significance a black robe and a beer truck has to do with me. I don't drink and I don't wear a robe.

If you have facts that contradict mine then by all means, let's see them.

You hate black people we get it.

I don't hate black people. But I am recognizing black trends. You know it is easy to denounce those who provide facts and stats to prove an uncomfortable point, however, denouncing is not refuting. Too many people in this forum think they are one in the same. Providing the truth is not tantamount to hate. By such a standard displayed in your post above no one should make a valid point so as long as the subject matter is uncomfortable to those who would rather accuse me of hatred as opposed to addressing the facts.

I don't see anything in your OP about the American automobile industry losing market share as a reason.

But it occurs to you to include "black people."

And you wonder why people call you racist.

The auto industry played a big part in bringing Detroit down. City leadership as well but making a racial issue of it isn't helpful. Think, solutions not faux causes.

Facts are a bitch.

I have no idea what significance a black robe and a beer truck has to do with me. I don't drink and I don't wear a robe.

Like I said the facts are there, the unwillingness of Detroit (and the American people) to change until the oil embargos started and then it was only partial. Their continued reliance on supersized vehicles and inept, initial dabbling in small vehicle design. The emergence of a strong import market and Detroit's horrendously slow reaction..... Need I go on Reinhard?
Oh and you know exactly what I was referencing by black robes and beer truck burning....... Don't you have a Klan meeting to attend?

You hate black people we get it.

I don't hate black people. But I am recognizing black trends. You know it is easy to denounce those who provide facts and stats to prove an uncomfortable point, however, denouncing is not refuting. Too many people in this forum think they are one in the same. Providing the truth is not tantamount to hate. By such a standard displayed in your post above no one should make a valid point so as long as the subject matter is uncomfortable to those who would rather accuse me of hatred as opposed to addressing the facts.

I don't see anything in your OP about the American automobile industry losing market share as a reason.

But it occurs to you to include "black people."

And you wonder why people call you racist.

Why did the auto industry fail in Detroit? Could it have been because of U.S. expansion in Japanese, German and Korean car companies? Perhaps the financial crisis caused it. Whatever the reasons the fact remains that Detroit drove itself into a ditch.

Like I said the facts are there, the unwillingness of Detroit (and the American people) to change until the oil embargos started and then it was only partial. Their continued reliance on supersized vehicles and inept, initial dabbling in small vehicle design. The emergence of a strong import market and Detroit's horrendously slow reaction..... Need I go on Reinhard?
Oh and you know exactly what I was referencing by black robes and beer truck burning....... Don't you have a Klan meeting to attend?

Who the fuck is Reinhard?

I don't think the Klan accepts Republicans. Besides I wouldn't join any club that would have me as a member.

It's not the American people's fault that Detroit's auto industry failed. It's the auto industries fault alone. They weren't forced to continue manufacturing "supersized vehicles" or to dabble in "inept small car design" by the American people.

Why did the auto industry fail in Detroit? Could it have been because of U.S. expansion in Japanese, German and Korean car companies? Perhaps the financial crisis caused it. Whatever the reasons the fact remains that Detroit drove itself into a ditch.

There are many reasons why Detroit has fallen. But the only two aren't "Democrats" and "black people."

Semi-intelligent conservatives would be embarrassed to say that those were the only two reasons.

I don't think the Klan accepts Republicans. Besides I wouldn't join any club that would have me as a member.

It's not the American people's fault that Detroit's auto industry failed. It's the auto industries fault alone. They weren't forced to continue manufacturing "supersized vehicles" or to dabble in "inept small car design" by the American people.

Yup, the American people weren't still buying land yachts and Detroit still wasn't catering to the American peoples taste in vehicles. :rolleyes:
Try taking a course in economics.
Your alter ego, that's who the fuck Reinhard is...... Google is your friend.
Oh and the Klan is comprised of far rightwing reactionaries, I'm sure that doesn't include Democrats....... Just sayin'........

There are many reasons why Detroit has fallen. But the only two aren't "Democrats" and "black people."

Semi-intelligent conservatives would be embarrassed to say that those were the only two reasons.

I don't believe anyone has said that it was the only two reason. However it was the only two options given.

Yup, the American people weren't still buying land yachts and Detroit still wasn't catering to the American peoples taste in vehicles. :rolleyes:
Oh and the Klan is comprised of far rightwing reactionaries, I'm sure that doesn't include Democrats....... Just sayin'........

Tell you what, if land yachts weren't on the market, people couldn't buy them. When was the last time the auto industry asked you for your taste in automobiles?

Bottom line is the auto industry failed and only has itself to blame. Your ridiculous claim that "land yachts" had anything to do with it is well....ridiculous. They failed because they couldn't compete with the foreign car market partly and I imagine largely due to the unions. If "land yachts" were in such high demand then the foreign market would have been shipping them in by the boatloads. But that wasn't the case. While we're on the subject of "land yachts", they are still being bought and sold today not only by the big three but also foreign competitors.

No the KKK was the strong arm of the Democratic party. Nothing right wing about them.

Oh and the guy that killed MLK, was a democrat. Jim Crows laws, democrat, Segregation, Democrat.

Tell you what, if land yachts weren't on the market, people couldn't buy them. When was the last time the auto industry asked you for your taste in automobiles?

Bottom line is the auto industry failed and only has itself to blame. Your ridiculous claim that "land yachts" had anything to do with it is well....ridiculous. They failed because they couldn't compete with the foreign car market partly and I imagine largely due to the unions. If "land yachts" were in such high demand then the foreign market would have been shipping them in by the boatloads. But that wasn't the case. While we're on the subject of "land yachts", they are still being bought and sold today not only by the big three but also foreign competitors.

No the KKK was the strong arm of the Democratic party. Nothing right wing about them.

Oh and the guy that killed MLK, was a democrat. Jim Crows laws, democrat, Segregation, Democrat.

When was the last time the auto industry asked you for your taste in automobiles?

Every annual car show.....
Okay moron, Economics 101 = consumers drive the market. Does that mean that businesses always listen to them? Obviously not, Detroit wouldn't have fallen so far behind if they had responded quicker. The same happened with much of American industry's arrogance allowing the Japanese to outstrip us in the 70's and 80s.
As for the KKK, it's no surprise you refer to the KKK in the past, today's KKK wouldn't fit your mold.....
Of course there's still a market for land yachts idiot, but it makes up a small percentage of what it used to hold.
Truly you can't be this brainwashed by your Aryan masters, can you? Why am I asking, of course you are.

Go ahead and make your case for that. Or was that another "poopyhead" response?

I assume we are talking financially since Detroit was never alive so therefore couldn't be killed...?

Still waiting for you to make your case.

Reaganomics boils down to giving the rich a free ride while putting the burden on the middle class and poor.

Reasons for the financial troubles for Detroit:

-The destruction of Detroit Auto industry and manufacturing base. Reaganomics allowed Global companies move jobs overseas which Detroit relied upon.

-Republicans changed the law and let the rich move from Detroit still reap the benefits of Detroit without paying taxes to the city. Again giving the rich a free ride while working class and poor paid for the city.

-The Republicans hold federal and state money from Democrat controlled population to lessen burden on the rich. Again Reaganomics.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA736oK9FPg]Naomi Klein - The Shock Doctrine: The Rise of Disaster Capitalism - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back