What kinds of jobs do Republicans try to "guide" their children into learning?

R

rdean

These days, you can't really "tell" your children what profession they should join. The best you can do is "guide" them and support their decision, or not.

Lawyers?

Too many lawyers, too few jobs | Business & Technology

I read that Japan graduates 10 engineers for every lawyer and we graduate 10 lawyers for every engineer.

Colleges with the best return on investment - Harvey Mudd College (1) - CNNMoney

The top 5 colleges with the best return on investment: Two in New York, Two in California and one in Massachusetts. (like we didn't see that coming)

A lot of Republicans try to guide their kids into business. It's like acting. Less than 5% of people who are part of the actor's union can make a living at it. But so many are blinded by those very, very few who make millions.

No Respect for Business Majors by Daniel Luzer | College Guide | The Washington Monthly

Radical GOP governors attempt about-face on school funding « Education Votes

They had to. They have been killing their state's futures.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

So what kind of jobs to Republican try to guide their children into and how does their policies help make that happen?

we graduate 10 lawyers for every engineer.

According to this there were 46,565 new lawyer graduates in 2012.

According to this there were 88,176 new engineering graduates.

Therefore we don't graduate 10 lawyers per engineer, we graduate half of one.

we graduate 10 lawyers for every engineer.

According to this there were 46,565 new lawyer graduates in 2012.

According to this there were 88,176 new engineering graduates.

Therefore we don't graduate 10 lawyers per engineer, we graduate half of one.

I didn't present it as fact. I just said it was something I read somewhere. However, when you look at engineering and include every degree from Associate to Doctorate in every discipline, that's quite a lot. Only, they all aren't qualified for every job. Associate tends to be a technician and Doctorate tends to do research. There simply isn't the diversity in being a lawyer. Also:

In fact, across the country, there were twice as many people who passed the bar in 2009 (53,508) as there were openings (26,239). A separate estimate for the number of lawyers produced in 2009

The Lawyer Surplus, State by State

You won't see Red State governors trying to lure lawyers to their state:

Rick Perry Pitches Texas to New York Businesses | New York Observer

skilled labor shortage

The reason Republican Govs are trying to lure Blue State skilled workers is........what do right wingers think is the reason? Lots of unemployment in Red States. Why the desperate need to import skilled workers? And you certainly can't believe you are getting the best Blue States have to offer.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOtMizMQ6oM]Little Shop of Horrors - Dentist Song - YouTube[/ame]

I didn't present it as fact. I just said it was something I read somewhere.

On the internets I bet.

I didn't present it as fact. I just said it was something I read somewhere.

On the internets I bet.

Exactly. But you didn't answer the question about the jobs Republicans are looking to fill.

Forum List

Back