What Legislation Do We Need to get Work Refusniks off the Couch?

The EMPLOYER profits off of your education

He uses those skills to create and sell products
But he does nothing to create or support those skills.

Workers come to you with hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of education. You pick out the ones you want and discard the rest
And I ALSO gain off of my education. It allowed me to obtain a professional job, making use of what I consider to be innate talents, that paid well enough for me to buy a lovely upscale townhouse in a great part of town, buy new cars, take great vacations, and indulge in an gorgeous piece of jewelry once in while.

Corporations still need employees. Maybe they should make internships available to some students. My father co-oped thru undergrad working at Hercules Powder.

If they thought they'd benefit, they probably would. But in most cases, after they get done with their contract for the training they quit and go work someplace else, and then the employer has to start all over again.

This goes on in truck driving all the time. Companies will train and get your CDL for you if you sign a year contract. After that year is up, drivers move on to better things.

The EMPLOYER profits off of your education

He uses those skills to create and sell products
But he does nothing to create or support those skills.

Workers come to you with hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of education. You pick out the ones you want and discard the rest

Correct, and as I already stated, the employer will pay you much more than non-skilled employees. That's the profit YOU get from the education YOU paid for.

The OP is right. We need to bring back tenement housing immediately.
So expecting a healthy 30-year-old to get his butt off the couch and take any one of the hundreds of jobs going begging rather than have other people’s taxes pay his rent means I think we should bring back tenement housing?

Let me guess: You’re a Democrat.

We were speaking about truck drivers.

All the same IMO the same should apply too other industries. Pharmacists have long done it.
Pharmacists don’t train kids off the street to be pharmacists. They go for an undergrad and a grad degree, on their own expense. It’s a worthwhile investment, though: my cousin is a pharmacist and he earns over $250,000.

Why don't everyone have $2500? Really?
Everyone who is middle class absolutely should. They should not be buying the latest cell phones and eating out in restaurants if they don’t have $2500.

And if they’re lower-middle class, Pell Grants will pay.

What you retards ignore is that high school used to be the equivalent of “higher education”

Hint… we pay for that for other people’s kids

Do you have some kind of point here?

I don't agree with the way primary education is funded either. Why should I be paying for a school I have no children in?

The difference between primary education and advanced education is that nearly everybody gets something back for their tax money with public schools because most people that have kids send them to public school. Not so with college.

So expecting a healthy 30-year-old to get his butt off the couch and take any one of the hundreds of jobs going begging rather than have other people’s taxes pay his rent means I think we should bring back tenement housing?

Let me guess: You’re a Democrat.

Nope. He's not a Democrat.

Tenement housing is all they deserve. They barely have the ability to contribute to society.

Tenement housing is all they deserve. They barely have the ability to contribute to society.
Ah! I get your point. If he doesn’t want to work, and expects someone else to provide his housing, then we provide the minimal. He gets a room with a shared bathroom down the hall. Agree. If he wants more than that, he needs to work.

If you live in my county, which you don’t, you could go online and find it yourself. They’re still offering “rent coverage” because of COVID!

On a related note, I just got a notice that my property taxes went up. They used to be $200 MORE than my mortgage, and now they’re $300 more. PER MONTH.
Likely because the assessed value of your home increased.

Everyone who is middle class absolutely should. They should not be buying the latest cell phones and eating out in restaurants if they don’t have $2500.

And if they’re lower-middle class, Pell Grants will pay.

So again, you are willing to pay for training for corporate employee's.

Correct, and as I already stated, the employer will pay you much more than non-skilled employees. That's the profit YOU get from the education YOU paid for.

The employer pays nowhere near to compensate for the hundreds of thousands that have been invested in your education.

He also makes a profit off of every employee

Forum List

Back