What Legislation Do We Need to get Work Refusniks off the Couch?

That's the way business worked for years. They would hire an employee and train them. That turned into wanting trained employees to hire.

Good for Wal Mart for going back to an admirable business model.

They didn't do it by choice, they did it because they can't find any other drivers, so make them drivers instead.

The original point is that there are a lot of good paying jobs in this country, but they are not going to come knocking at your door. It will require physical labor and some minor training, but anybody can do it.

They didn't do it by choice, they did it because they can't find any other drivers, so make them drivers instead.

Good. If they want drivers they should train them.

The original point is that there are a lot of good paying jobs in this country, but they are not going to come knocking at your door. It will require physical labor and some minor training, but anybody can do it.

CDL classes around here were $2500. (That's for a class B). I heard they went up. Not everyone has that.

The answer is NOT increasing the minimum wage, as I see signs all over the place offering $17 and $18 an hour to run a cash register or restock clothes on shelves. The answer is to stop giving taxpayer money away to people able to work and who simply feel jobs are beneath them.

1. Any adult not working a full-time job and living with a parent in a six-figure household should be exempt welfare-type benefits:

a) I know a young mother, now divorced, who moved in with her mother (a GS 14), who not only gets child support for her two children, as she should, she also gets food stamps, Medicaid for her kids, and a host of other benefits. She works one day a week, as a fill-in receptionist for a vet.

b) I also know a woman in her 50s, who lives with her parents, both of whom are retired government professionals with a six-figure pension. She too gets food stamps, and works two afternoons a week at the library.

2. Any parent in a two-parent household, where neither is working, should get no welfare. I know a couple (with kids) where both refuse to get a job, saying what’s available is beneath them, and they are getting rent relief, food stamps, Medicaid, and so forth.

These sorry assholes vote for Democrats that screw up the economy with failed Leftest policies and high taxation and tremendous regulation and then they wonder why they can't make $100K a year.

The best way to stop poverty and low wages in this country is to stop electing Democrats that screw up the economy.

I worked from home for 5 years.. also had an office at the company. No distractions.. it was a very productive time. Exceeded all my goals by a mile.
Many bosses are finding that the stay-at-home workers are exploiting it, and they want them to return to the office. Workers are refusing. Shouldn’t the boss decide whether teleworking is allowed, rather than entitled workers making the rules?

These sorry assholes vote for Democrats that screw up the economy with failed Leftest policies and high taxation and tremendous regulation and then they wonder why they can't make $100K a year.

The best way to stop poverty and low wages in this country is to stop electing Democrats that screw up the economy.
You’re preaching to the choir. The Dems are ruining this country.

Except for government workers. In spite of this thing winding down they are still working from home five days a week.
I live in DC. The government workers “work” from home. I see them lounging by the pool for most of the day, at the movie theater at 1 pm, and at the Starbucks at 10:00 a.m.

They laugh about it.

Many bosses are finding that the stay-at-home workers are exploiting it, and they want them to return to the office. Workers are refusing. Shouldn’t the boss decide whether teleworking is allowed, rather than entitled workers making the rules?

Of course the boss should decide. Should be based on productivity. People waste a lot of time around the water cooler. Look for people with a strong work ethic and get out of the way.

You’re preaching to the choir. The Dems are ruining this country.

I understand why Negroes vote for Democrats. The Democrats kisses their Black entitlement asses and keeps the welfare coming and don't send them to jail for a lot of the crimes they commit.

I understand why the Illegals vote for Democrats. The Democrats let them flood in and provide them with welfare.

I understand why the Moon Bats vote for Democrats. They are low IQ morons that don't know any better.

I don't understand why any real American would ever vote for the Democrat Party of Dumbasses.

There are plenty of good paying jobs in the US, it's just that we can't find people to take them.
Part of the problem is that the entitled college grads turn their nose up at a $50k starting salary. I’ve even had liberals complain to me that it’s ridiculous to expect people to get by on less than $100k, with them making the assumption that I was earning more. Libs are a bunch of snobs.

Part of the problem is that the entitled college grads turn their nose up at a $50k starting salary. I’ve even had liberals complain to me that it’s ridiculous to expect people to get by on less than $100k, with them making the assumption that I was earning more. Libs are a bunch of snobs.

They paid 20,000-36,000 a year for their education.

Of course the boss should decide. Should be based on productivity. People waste a lot of time around the water cooler. Look for people with a strong work ethic and get out of the way.
It doesn’t have to be based on anything other than what the boss wants. If the boss wants people in the office so he can oversee them more closely, or arrange in-person meetings, or whatever, then that’s where they need to be if they want to keep their jobs.

COVID got people accustomed to rolling out of bed, changing out of their pajama top, and walking down the hall to the bedroom with The computer. Now they’re complaining that commuting to work is too much of a bother.

They paid 20,000-36,000 a year for their education.
And? Your point?

My college, back in the day, was $6,000 a year (I had scholarships but that was the tuition), and my first job was $11,000.

It doesn’t have to be based on anything other than what the boss wants. If the boss wants people in the office so he can oversee them more closely, or arrange in-person meetings, or whatever, then that’s where they need to be if they want to keep their jobs.

COVID got people accustomed to rolling out of bed, changing out of their pajama top, and walking down the hall to the bedroom with The computer. Now they’re complaining that commuting to work is too much of a bother.

If they are doing well and meeting their goals, why screw with them?

And? Your point?

My college, back in the day, was $6,000 a year (I had scholarships but that was the tuition), and my first job was $11,000.

Me too. Times are different now. My car payment was $88 and my rent was $125.

Good. If they want drivers they should train them.

CDL classes around here were $2500. (That's for a class B). I heard they went up. Not everyone has that.
If you’re low to lower-middle income, Pell Grants pay. If you’re middle to upper-middle class, and have lived responsibly, you have $2500.

If they are doing well and meeting their goals, why screw with them?
Because they are employed by that company and have to abide by their rules. If they say they need to show up for work in the office, then that’s what they have to do.

There is a LOT of exploitation among teleworkers - all summer they’ve been at the pool, hogging the chairs in the shade! - and a company might decide it’s more efficient to just have everyone come back to work.

Forum List

Back