What Legislation Do We Need to get Work Refusniks off the Couch?

Because they are employed by that company and have to abide by their rules. If they say they need to show up for work in the office, then that’s what they have to do.

There is a LOT of exploitation among teleworkers - all summer they’ve been at the pool, hogging the chairs in the shade! - and a company might decide it’s more efficient to just have everyone come back to work.

I already said it's up to the boss. Who are you arguing with?

It's an odd question to ask with unemployment at 3.5%.
The Refusinks aren’t counted in. That number reflects only the people actively looking for a job who can’t find one - not the entitled loafers happy to live off OPM.

A one bedroom in Atlanta ranges from $1400 a month to $1800. $1400 is pretty grim.
So you get a two-bedroom for $2000 and split the rent with a roommate. If I was able to afford $359 a month for my first apartment on a salary of $11,000, then a college grad earning $50,000 can afford $1000.

I already said it's up to the boss. Who are you arguing with?
I’m arguing with YOU, of course.

You said it should be based on productivity. I say it should be based on the boss’s choice, regardless.

Horse shit. Having workers in any capacity helps us all, but that doesn't mean society owes them a damn thing. Just because you become an engineer, doctor, architect doesn't mean we should pay for it. You're going to make more money than people that didn't graduate from college so that's your reward.

My job was to transport products to various places across the state that eventually ends up in your stores to conveniently buy. Without us drivers your store shelves would be empty. So I consider my job just as important if not more important than people that hold jobs because they went to college for them. Driving is in the nations top ten most deadly jobs, even more so than being a police officer or fireman. The only thing I expect from working is a paycheck. Society doesn't owe me anything.
Just think of it

Why should society have to educate your workforce?
YOU are the one making a profit off of them

Why don’t we give businesses a blank slate?
You hire a worker at 18 who can’t read or write, has no understanding of math

You need those skills…..YOU teach them
They are your workers

You need skills in engineering, science, computers, economics
YOU teach them, They are your workers

If you’re low to lower-middle income, Pell Grants pay. If you’re middle to upper-middle class, and have lived responsibly, you have $2500.

So you are willing to pay to train corporations workers?

In my opinion, many people with mental disability can not find a job or can not stay at a job. People with mental disability have a Right to Life, but they can not support themselves.

I have Moderately Severe Asperger's Syndrome and some Depression. Thank G-d and my parents, I am provided for!
Maybe you need a size 12 boot up your ass to kick you out of the nest.
There is no reason you cannot work, many people who live with social anxiety and depression
still work and pay their bills.

Last edited:
Just think of it

Why should society have to educate your workforce?
YOU are the one making a profit off of them

Why don’t we give businesses a blank slate?
You hire a worker at 18 who can’t read or write, has no understanding of math

You need those skills…..YOU teach them
They are your workers

You need skills in engineering, science, computers, economics
YOU teach them, They are your workers

So you think it's equitable that I pay for somebody to get the education to be a doctor or lawyer, and then when I need their services, they charge me $300.00 an hour?

Advanced education is an investment in yourself, not the public and not the employer. Their reward for their investment is the employer paying them much more than non-skilled employees. If you want to learn how to do something, you teach and pay for it yourself.

Your employer made the investments in their business. Their obligation stops there. You make the investment in yourself. Government should not be funding peoples investments.

If you want us to pay for those investments, then have Congress write a law they can't charge anymore than $30.00 an hour for their services and then we have a deal.

So you think it's equitable that I pay for somebody to get the education to be a doctor or lawyer, and then when I need their services, they charge me $300.00 an hour?

Advanced education is an investment in yourself, not the public and not the employer. Their reward for their investment is the employer paying them much more than non-skilled employees. If you want to learn how to do something, you teach and pay for it yourself.

Your employer made the investments in their business. Their obligation stops there. You make the investment in yourself. Government should not be funding peoples investments.

If you want us to pay for those investments, then have Congress write a law they can't charge anymore than $30.00 an hour for their services and then we have a deal.
What you retards ignore is that high school used to be the equivalent of “higher education”

Hint… we pay for that for other people’s kids

The EMPLOYER profits off of your education

He uses those skills to create and sell products
But he does nothing to create or support those skills.

Workers come to you with hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of education. You pick out the ones you want and discard the rest

Corporations still need employees. Maybe they should make internships available to some students. My father co-oped thru undergrad working at Hercules Powder.

Many bosses are finding that the stay-at-home workers are exploiting it, and they want them to return to the office. Workers are refusing. Shouldn’t the boss decide whether teleworking is allowed, rather than entitled workers making the rules?

Couldn't agree more. I get those customer service people at home answering calls. The dogs are barking in the background, kids crying, you can't understand the stupid ass on the other side with that damn speakerphone, always getting disconnected at least once. It's aggravating.

CDL classes around here were $2500. (That's for a class B). I heard they went up. Not everyone has that.

Why don't they have that? If you have to travel a few miles to get to school every day, isn't it worth it to have a good paying career where you're always in demand?

Forum List

Back