What Milo & Liz share

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.
I have already brilliantly pointed this out, but it's done again here: Opinion | What Milo Yiannopoulos and Elizabeth Warren have in common

Shutting down speech we don't like helps nothing. Don't be a coward. Protect people's freedom of expression, even when you disagree. From the piece:

There are many compelling arguments for why protecting free speech, including speech you disagree with or even abhor, is important. It’s enshrined in our Constitution; it is among the sacred liberal values we promote throughout the world; free and open dialogue helps advance scientific inquiry; and so on.

But one underappreciated argument is self-interest. Forcibly silencing and thereby martyring your opponents — rather than employing counter-speech to expose them as wrong or, better yet, ridiculous — may be exactly what they want you to do.

Sorry, pitiful comparison. Milo is NOTHING in any fashion like Warren. These stretches amaze me. Not sure why after all this time.

Sorry, pitiful comparison. Milo is NOTHING in any fashion like Warren. These stretches amaze me. Not sure why after all this time.
Do you agree with the quoted section, or do you not?

I do not, because Milo has not tried to shut down freedom of speech. HE was shut down. By liberals, which he happens to be one of.

Do you agree with the quoted section, or do you not?.
I do not, because Milo has not tried to shut down freedom of speech. HE was shut down. By liberals, which he happens to be one of.
That isn't the point of the quoted section.

The point is that we should allow people to speak their mind, even when we disagree. And shutting them down can be counter-productive.

Do you agree with that?

Senator Warren and this is the point to remember, Senator Warren did not follow the rules of the Senate.

Consequently the Senate as they should penalized her for breaking the rules.

There is nothing in common between Milo and Warren.

I have already brilliantly pointed this out, but it's done again here: Opinion | What Milo Yiannopoulos and Elizabeth Warren have in common

Shutting down speech we don't like helps nothing. Don't be a coward. Protect people's freedom of expression, even when you disagree. From the piece:

There are many compelling arguments for why protecting free speech, including speech you disagree with or even abhor, is important. It’s enshrined in our Constitution; it is among the sacred liberal values we promote throughout the world; free and open dialogue helps advance scientific inquiry; and so on.

But one underappreciated argument is self-interest. Forcibly silencing and thereby martyring your opponents — rather than employing counter-speech to expose them as wrong or, better yet, ridiculous — may be exactly what they want you to do.

While I agree with your basic premise, at least the sen reps didn't burn anything or assault Warren supporters.

While I agree with your basic premise, at least the sen reps didn't burn anything or assault Warren supporters.
No two cases are exactly the same.

But we can identify, and learn from, clear similarities.

Or we can choose not to.

Forum List

Back