What % Of Blacks Will Vote in 2018?

What % of blacks will show up to vote in 2 years?

• Less than 50%

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • More than 50%

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
The easy answer is Donald J. Trump. True, Trump was the first modern Republican to win the nomination based on racial prejudice. And, yes, racial resentment does more to explain support for Trump than even ideology.

But Trump is not acting in a vacuum. He is instead riding forces set in motion a half-century ago. His identity-based nomination should be seen as the logical culmination of Republicans' 50-year "Southern strategy" to make politics primarily about race and identity instead of economics.

What happens in politics," Schattschneider writes, "depends on the way in which people are divided into factions, parties, groups, classes, etc. The outcome of the game of politics depends on which of a multitude of possible conflicts gains the dominant position."

Politics involves many issues, across multiple dimensions. But in a two-party system like the one we have in America, there can really only be one primary dividing conflict at any given time, since there are only two parties.

1. The Southern Strategy is a myth.

2. Trump ran on Trade and Immigration.

3. If you don't let go of the Racism Myth, you will never understand anything about half this nation.
The southern strategy was not a myth. It's a fact. Do you know who Lee Atwater is?

If you are going to pretend it's a myth or if you really believe that then I'll take you a lot less seriously.

Lee Atwater - Wikipedia

Yes, maybe that was actually Atwater. Or maybe it wasn't.

He gave his opinion. One that is not backed up by the facts.

If it was him, it is not clear that he ever voiced these ideas in his head out loud. It has not been established that his view of the South flipping was correct and indeed, I have seen convincing studies showing otherwise.

Nixon, the supposed father of the Southern Strategy was THE major force in desegregating Southern Schools, and enforcing busing in general.

He also vastly expanded Affirmative Action.

His way of "dealing" with Southern Racist voters, was to slam though desegregation fast and early so that it would be a done deal by the time of his reelection.

That's hardly pandering to them.

You need to be more suspicious when liberals tell you bad things about their enemies.
You're just being stubborn. Or in denial.

Here's a new question. What % of blacks will vote for trump in 2018? If he wins even 1 over hell be a 2 termer. If not why didn't he win them over.

For the same reason that republicans have not been getting more black votes.

Successful liberal propaganda.

NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS, THE MEDIA WILL BE TELLING BLACKS (AND BROWNS) THAT THE NEXT 4 YEARS ARE HELL, AND TRUMP IS EVUL.

Trump could make the lame walk and the blind see and the media would slam him for putting black nurses out of work.

The easy answer is Donald J. Trump. True, Trump was the first modern Republican to win the nomination based on racial prejudice. And, yes, racial resentment does more to explain support for Trump than even ideology.

But Trump is not acting in a vacuum. He is instead riding forces set in motion a half-century ago. His identity-based nomination should be seen as the logical culmination of Republicans' 50-year "Southern strategy" to make politics primarily about race and identity instead of economics.

What happens in politics," Schattschneider writes, "depends on the way in which people are divided into factions, parties, groups, classes, etc. The outcome of the game of politics depends on which of a multitude of possible conflicts gains the dominant position."

Politics involves many issues, across multiple dimensions. But in a two-party system like the one we have in America, there can really only be one primary dividing conflict at any given time, since there are only two parties.

3. If you don't let go of the Racism Myth, you will never understand anything about half this nation.
The southern strategy was not a myth. It's a fact. Do you know who Lee Atwater is?

If you are going to pretend it's a myth or if you really believe that then I'll take you a lot less seriously.

Lee Atwater - Wikipedia

If it was him, it is not clear that he ever voiced these ideas in his head out loud. It has not been established that his view of the South flipping was correct and indeed, I have seen convincing studies showing otherwise.

Nixon, the supposed father of the Southern Strategy was THE major force in desegregating Southern Schools, and enforcing busing in general.

His way of "dealing" with Southern Racist voters, was to slam though desegregation fast and early so that it would be a done deal by the time of his reelection.

You need to be more suspicious when liberals tell you bad things about their enemies.

Here's a new question. What % of blacks will vote for trump in 2018? If he wins even 1 over hell be a 2 termer. If not why didn't he win them over.

NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS, THE MEDIA WILL BE TELLING BLACKS (AND BROWNS) THAT THE NEXT 4 YEARS ARE HELL, AND TRUMP IS EVUL.

Trump could make the lame walk and the blind see and the media would slam him for putting black nurses out of work.
Or he could cripple and blind people and you'll defend him. Watch.

The strategy of making people dependent on government in order to make them compliant is a long standing DEMOCRATIC strategy.

That is what Newt was referring to when he referred to Obama as the "Food Stamp President".

Trump's policies, that fired up the Republicans base is all about increasing the INDEPENDENCE OF American workers.
Lets see his results.

WATCH FOR THE MEDIA trying to distract you from that. They will be lying to you.

A LOT.
Yes, I notice you guys are setting things up so when you pull shinanigans and the media exposes you you'll just say, "the media is lying".

NOt sure what you are referring to.

I'm talking about results. Jobs. Wages. Improvements in healthy families. Decreases in crime.

Watch and listen for them, because the media will NOT TELL YOU, any news supporting the idea that Trumps policies are working.
I disagree. You're fooled into thinking the midia is liberal. I got news for you. Even the cons didn't want trump. They just embrace him now

1. THe media is completely liberal.

2. Trump is not very conservative. It makes complete sense that some conservative republicans do not like him.

3. Trump was/still is an outsider. The Party Leadership did not/do not want him.

4. And none of that changes that you should actively try to focus on the results.

Lee Atwater - Wikipedia

I've asked you to watch "jobs and wages" and secondary effects of that to judge Trump by if he succeeds.

What, in your opinion, should I watch to judge Trump by, to see if he fails?

Lee Atwater - Wikipedia

I've asked you to watch "jobs and wages" and secondary effects of that to judge Trump by if he succeeds.

Agree

Agree

Errr, are saying I should watch jobs, wages and effects also?

Agree

Yes. I won't be super critical of Trump. Even if he ends medicare and medicaid the stupid ass voters trusted the GOP and I warned them so anything libertarian the GOP does is ok with me. Fuck everybody else.

Sealybobo wants to be a white savior so bad.
If there's no difference between the parties why are BLACKS shitting themselves over the trump victory?

Actually other than hiring that alt right breitbart guy, I really don't see anything racist about trumps agenda. I think they just use race to win votes.

Clearly the GOP is going to be tough on welfare and that's going to negatively affect a lot of poor people not just blacks. So you are correct, white liberals are just as racist as conservatives, we just care more about poor people. All poor people. See the difference? You will.

So the racist part of me thinks Paul Ryan and trumps plan for poverty is going to be good for the poor black community just as its going to be good to get all the white slackers off welfare too. And if he brings jobs back no one will have any excuses. In fact unemployment is already pretty low. No excuse now. Is there?

Republicans don't use race to get votes. That is a myth.
I guess thats why all the white hate groups voted for him then. :laugh:

Agree

Yes. I won't be super critical of Trump. Even if he ends medicare and medicaid the stupid ass voters trusted the GOP and I warned them so anything libertarian the GOP does is ok with me. Fuck everybody else.

And if he does NOT end medicare and medicaid, then you will do the opposite of that? Right?

If there's no difference between the parties why are BLACKS shitting themselves over the trump victory?

Actually other than hiring that alt right breitbart guy, I really don't see anything racist about trumps agenda. I think they just use race to win votes.

Clearly the GOP is going to be tough on welfare and that's going to negatively affect a lot of poor people not just blacks. So you are correct, white liberals are just as racist as conservatives, we just care more about poor people. All poor people. See the difference? You will.

So the racist part of me thinks Paul Ryan and trumps plan for poverty is going to be good for the poor black community just as its going to be good to get all the white slackers off welfare too. And if he brings jobs back no one will have any excuses. In fact unemployment is already pretty low. No excuse now. Is there?

You know that how?

Agree

And if he does NOT end medicare and medicaid, then you will do the opposite of that? Right?
Sure but you'll see. Major cuts to both programs. And you'll clearly defend it.

In fact I started a thread about SS and Republicans are already arguing why SS needs to go.

You know that how?
The lyin media tells us

Agree

In fact I started a thread about SS and Republicans are already arguing why SS needs to go.

THe ideological problems with SOcial Security, which Conservatives have long discussed, have become reality.

BUT, as has often been pointed out, Trump is not really a conservative. He is a nationalist and a populist.

He has not run on cutting medicare and medicaid and there is no indication that he is going to do that.

You are letting your fears dominate your perceptions.

IF he does NOT do deep cuts, you will do the opposite of that, right?

You know that how?
The lyin media tells us

IN this case, I am trust that the media is accurately relaying what the actual white racists are saying.

But, I have never taken Duke or any of his ilk at their word.

You do realize the obvious reasons for them to want Trump to fail, right?

THe ideological problems with SOcial Security, which Conservatives have long discussed, have become reality.

BUT, as has often been pointed out, Trump is not really a conservative. He is a nationalist and a populist.

He has not run on cutting medicare and medicaid and there is no indication that he is going to do that.

Paul Ryan's already working on it. Just wait

Paul Ryan needs to focus on his ONE job. Kissing Trump's ass.

Hey, if I'm better off without social security I'll kiss Trump and your ass. But I don't think I'll be better off after 8 years.

Hey, if I'm better off without social security I'll kiss Trump and your ass. But I don't think I'll be better off after 8 years.

You seem very certain deep cuts in SS, medicare, medicaid are coming.

What if that doesn't happen?

I told you I'm supporting trump now. I'm just asking questions and predicting. I hope I'm wrong.

I can only go by what I see. Let's compare me a college educated man who's 45 almost 46. At Ford ID be 1 year away from a 30 year pension. I know you disagree but the point is now the middle class worker doesn't get enough the white collar gets it all now. The ceo's pay has skyrocketed and workers left behind under trump. Watch. Its not his fault it's the GOP. He's just the figure head.

I'm doing great but are workers? No. I'm white collar. So I'll be a fair judge but remember my vision of a great America is when a guy like my dad can save a million being frugal. He has a pension.

So if my 401k grows and I'm living off the interest I'll tell you you were right.

But if I'm doing that and everyone else is doing that then won't that bring inflation?

Anyways, I'm beginning to see no matter what they want to try they can if they have a 60 vote majority.

Forum List

Back