What REAL Christians look like

Status
Not open for further replies.
Christ never touched the money changers.
Read it again.
If you can cite the verse, do it.
Otherwise, retract and apologize to your god.

Define touch.

Mathew 21:12 and Mark 11:15 uses the verb ekballō, which is translated as cast out, which implies the use of force. They also use the verb katastrephō, and I bet even you can figure out what English word we derive from that. Sounds like a peaceful protest to me.

Then we have John 2:15, which clearly says he made a scourge of small ropes and drove them out of the temple. But, by all means, keep pretending you were a minister at some point in your life filled with pathetic lies.

Do you think when demons are "cast out" this is a physical forced removal?
You underestimate the force of his will and want to make him a street bully instead.

Do you think Jesus used magic to cast the money changers out of the Temple? Did he use the scourge the same way Harry Potter uses a wand? Is that why we use catastrophe to describe a well thought out debate?

Seriously dude, go crawl under a rock, you aren't nearly as smart as you think you are.

Last edited:
You mean like Quantum Windbag, who clearly takes the Fruits to heart in his dealings with posters he sees as disposable creatures, using profanity as his theological baseline.
This is your ally.

I do not see that but where is the fruit of the Spirit in your life? Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Gentleness, Long Suffering, hardly noticing when others get it wrong? Sound familiar? You are like the morality police here, Bruce. Who appointed you? The accuser of the brethren. That's who.

Still at 100%!
Another who attacks me by trying to hold me accountable to their scriptures, while excusing the rejection of them by those who profess them to be god's word.
You guys never, EVER fail to embarrass yourselves.

Fundamentalist belief grows brains incapable of dealing with the world as it actually is. Being raised in a home where you're taught from birth - as I was as the son of evangelical missionaries -- that the evidence of your eyes and ears is wrong, that, for instance, unseen forces are fighting over the destiny of your soul, that whatever science the local newspaper or your teacher says to the contrary, the earth is young and science can't be trusted, changes your brain. Delusion leads to more delusion, unless something helps you snap out of it. I describe my "snapping out" process in my new book And God Said, "Billy!" There I explore the roots of American religious delusion, and offer another way to approach spirituality and God that makes peace with a fact-based life.

Religious delusion takes smart young brains and makes them unable to relate to the actual world. It makes them ready to believe anyone standing "against the establishment," since the fact-based community has always been portrayed by evangelicals as the enemy of their Bible-based literalism and the godly community of the self-isolated embattled I-believe-everything-in-the-Bible faithful.

Thus the "world's way" is always suspect-- even when it is true. So 2 plus 2 can't equal 4 because "those liberals" writing in the New York Times say it does. "Worldly" facts are bad. They contradict scripture. So down the rabbit hole we go! Enter the Tea Party and its evangelical base primed for accepting an alternative reality.

Fundamentalist Belief Grows Brains Incapable of Dealing With the World as it Actually Is | Frank Schaeffer

The best scriptural description of what a true Christian should look like to the world is written by Paul in his letter to the Galatians.
The Fruits of the Spirit describe the nature of one truly indwelt by the Holy Spirit.
Peace, love, joy, patience, goodness, kindness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control.
Apply these traits to your favorite self-professed Christians on these boards and you will find a fundamental disconnect.
Mention the dissonance to a believer and you will find the disconnect becomes even more dramatic as they lash out with vitriol and frequently vulgarity and never see the irony in their response.
This has been true 100% of the times I have done it. I have never gotten an admission that this teaching is simply rejected. I hear how people are imperfect and fail, and then the poster moves forward with zero effort to change their posting persona, continuing to be crude, mean and dismissive.
100% of the time.
Sometimes the finger gets pointed back at me, as if that somehow excuses them, when it is their scripture they are failing, not mine.
We know what a Christian is supposed to look like.
The real question is why they so frequently don't.

The Irish Ram is a good example of what a real Christian acts like. She posts in the relgion section. She never fails to lift my spirits, and I am kind of an agnostic. I struggle with faith.

The girl has patience, I'll give you that. More than I do.

It's one of the Fruits.
Interesting.

It isn't what we say.
It is what your scriptures say.
Forgive 7x70 times.
Let the Fruits guide your behavior.
Or don't.
But don't blame those that know what is expected of you, or notice how unconcerned you are about abiding by it.

They aren't my Scriptures, but thanks for playing.

The post wasn't directed at you.

Are you know claiming you have never directed comments in my direction regarding how little I exemplify Christ? Because I would put that down as another fucking lie from you, which would make at least two in this thread alone.

Oh so now we're pretending christians who aren't progressives are "fundamentalists".

Got it.

A vote won't prove a thing.
Quoting him would, but none of you liars seem to be able to do that.
Can you?

Are you 100% sure I cannot quote him wanting to make any sort of "theological foolishness" illegal? After all,. I have been arguing with the moron for almost 3 years now, while you have only been on this board for a few weeks. If I can find a single example of him advocating in favor of using the law to restrict religious practices in any way, shape, or form, will you admit you are a stupid fuckwad and leave the board? Because, I can fucking guarantee you, I can find plenty of examples of religious beliefs and practices he thinks should be illegal.

Go ahead, bet me that I can't come up with even one.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/curre...ous-right-want-from-the-hobby-lobby-mess.html

Then do it.
I won't go anywhere though.
I just want you to be an adult and defend your wild accusations.

I have three points.

1. It isn't my accusation.
  2. It is not wild.
  3. I did defend it.

What was the lie?

Are you telling me that you have never told a lie? Please make that claim s I can laugh at you because everyone lies.

The specific one I was thinking of in this post is your lie that Jeremiah was using Scriptures to make a political point.

Cite it. Step up, big boy.
If everyone that lies is a Sadducees, and everyone lies, are you then a Sadducees?
You aren't very good at this.

Remember when I told you you would miss it, you just did. Highlight the post you just quoted and you will see where you lied in this thread.

You mean like Quantum Windbag, who clearly takes the Fruits to heart in his dealings with posters he sees as disposable creatures, using profanity as his theological baseline.
This is your ally.

Care to point out where I ever claimed to be a model fucking Christan, asshole? Having actually read the Bible, and understood it, I know it is entirely possible to believe yourself a follower of Jesus, and to even be able to work fucking miracles, and still end up not in heaven, so I don't claim to be a Christin, I just assert a belief in God, and then go about my life the ay that seems best to me, which includes not judging other people based on what they claim to believe. That last part alone puts me an entire order of magnitude closer to God that you have ever been.

Haven't you continuously judged me? Quite colorfully?
You really aren't good at this.
No, I called you a lying scumbag Sadducee. Sadducees were the lawyers of atheists of Jesus day who used Scripture to judge others, just like you are doing in this thread. Unless you are now claiming you aren't an atheist.

Care to point out where I ever claimed to be a model fucking Christan, asshole? Having actually read the Bible, and understood it, I know it is entirely possible to believe yourself a follower of Jesus, and to even be able to work fucking miracles, and still end up not in heaven, so I don't claim to be a Christin, I just assert a belief in God, and then go about my life the ay that seems best to me, which includes not judging other people based on what they claim to believe. That last part alone puts me an entire order of magnitude closer to God that you have ever been.

No, I called you a lying scumbag Sadducee. Sadducees were the lawyers of atheists of Jesus day who used Scripture to judge others, just like you are doing in this thread. Unless you are now claiming you aren't an atheist.

I have never claimed to be an atheist.
You REALLY aren't very good at this.

Neither did the Sadducee, something you would know if you actually read the Bible.

Who isn't very good at what?

Are you 100% sure I cannot quote him wanting to make any sort of "theological foolishness" illegal? After all,. I have been arguing with the moron for almost 3 years now, while you have only been on this board for a few weeks. If I can find a single example of him advocating in favor of using the law to restrict religious practices in any way, shape, or form, will you admit you are a stupid fuckwad and leave the board? Because, I can fucking guarantee you, I can find plenty of examples of religious beliefs and practices he thinks should be illegal.

Go ahead, bet me that I can't come up with even one.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/curre...ous-right-want-from-the-hobby-lobby-mess.html

Then do it.
I won't go anywhere though.
I just want you to be an adult and defend your wild accusations.

I have three points.

1. It isn't my accusation.
  2. It is not wild.
  3. I did defend it.

You did?
Can't find it.
Why did you defend someone else's un-wild accusation?

They aren't my Scriptures, but thanks for playing.

Are you know claiming you have never directed comments in my direction regarding how little I exemplify Christ? Because I would put that down as another fucking lie from you, which would make at least two in this thread alone.

Quantum, I believe if Bruce isn't going to be honest with others about the lack of fruit in his own life ( fruits of the Spirit ) then there is no ground for judging others about what they say, do, believe.

There wasn't any grounds to begin with but as Bruce has created his own religion and his own interpretation of who God is - anyone who conflicts with that pov is an obstacle.

Are you telling me that you have never told a lie? Please make that claim s I can laugh at you because everyone lies.

The specific one I was thinking of in this post is your lie that Jeremiah was using Scriptures to make a political point.

Cite it. Step up, big boy.
If everyone that lies is a Sadducees, and everyone lies, are you then a Sadducees?
You aren't very good at this.

Remember when I told you you would miss it, you just did. Highlight the post you just quoted and you will see where you lied in this thread.

See the red part?
That is where you admit you are trying to put words in my mouth that I haven't said.
You seriously suck at this.

Quantum, I believe if Bruce isn't going to be honest with others about the lack of fruit in his own life ( fruits of the Spirit ) then there is no ground for judging others about what they say, do, believe.

There wasn't any grounds to begin with but as Bruce has created his own religion and his own interpretation of who God is - anyone who conflicts with that pov is an obstacle.

I really don't know what Bruce believes but THAT is the definition of all religions - an interpretation of what god is.

IF that is what he does or has done, who is to say his interpretation and/or his religion is any more or less valid than anyone elses?

The irony of your post is QW has done exactly that, declaring he is not a Christian.
Your soft soap indignation is as poorly thought out as those that use the hard core vulgarity.

Jerry, I think all of us have some or all of the fruits in our lives at one time or another, although we all have moments of weakness. Bruce is just one of those angry people with an inferiority complex.

Neither did the Sadducee, something you would know if you actually read the Bible.

Who isn't very good at what?

I've read it many times.
Cite the verse that shows the Sadducees defending atheists.
We'll wait.
First you claim I'm an atheist. Now you claim the Sadducees were atheists that don't admit it.
You are falling off the cliff, bubba.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back