What right does he have to demand I lose my rights?

Anything can be used to kill people, but to kill someone at close range when they are not tied up, asleep or drugged requires more than hands and feet. Since risk is involved is takes bit of bravery, thus, the coward relies on a gun (in fact, the possession of a gun makes a 'brave' man out of he coward).

Are you sure more is required than hands and feet?

" soccer referee who was punched by a player after calling a foul on him during a recreational soccer game in Utah died Saturday night, a week after he was hit once in the face. The suspect, who received a yellow card penalty from referee Ricardo Portillo, was arrested Monday and remains incarcerated, officials say."

Soccer Referee Dies, One Week After Being Felled By Punch : The Two-Way : NPR

If you haven't been there, you have no idea.

Sent from my iPad using an Android.

I have not lost one of my children.

Even if I had, I would not allow the event to serve a political cause. Especially a political cause that serves to create more tragedies by disarming good people.

Therefore sympathy from me = 0

I'm saying you don't know until you have been there. Allow him his grief, a reporter sticks a mic in your face, you are grieving...then you go off. He may very we'll believe it with all his heart, however he can say his peace.

If he wants to grieve, grieve in private. But he didn't do that, and a Reporter didn't "stick a mic in his face". He went to a Press Conference and read a prepared statement attacking the NRA and Gun Owners and calling for even more restrictions on guns and guns ownership.

If you want to discuss the subject, at least be honest about what happened.

Yes, ban guns, ban knives, and ban anything that could possibly be used as a weapon.

And before you conservatards flip out and post some stupid comment like, "durrr how culd we inforce dat ur dum lol", Australia already has exactly this policy in place. Hammers are considered tightly-regulated weapons of mass destruction there because they, too, can be used as weapons.

It's time for America to step into the 21st Century and outlaw all weapons, as well as anything else that kills people.

The problem there is that ANYTHING can be used to kill people.

Would you have hands and feet banned?

Mandatory amputations maybe?

Anything can be used to kill people, but to kill someone at close range when they are not tied up, asleep or drugged requires more than hands and feet. Since risk is involved is takes bit of bravery, thus, the coward relies on a gun (in fact, the possession of a gun makes a 'brave' man out of the coward).

False equivalency. The 'coward' can use a knife, a baseball bat, or even a sharpened pencil to kill this person at close range.

(in fact, the possession of a gun makes a 'brave' man out of the coward)

So, what of our men in service? Are they not brave? Or are you implying that they are cowards with guns? Check yourself real quick, Wry.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
I have not lost one of my children.

Even if I had, I would not allow the event to serve a political cause. Especially a political cause that serves to create more tragedies by disarming good people.

Therefore sympathy from me = 0

I'm saying you don't know until you have been there. Allow him his grief, a reporter sticks a mic in your face, you are grieving...then you go off. He may very we'll believe it with all his heart, however he can say his peace.

If he wants to grieve, grieve in private. But he didn't do that, and a Reporter didn't "stick a mic in his face". He went to a Press Conference and read a prepared statement attacking the NRA and Gun Owners and calling for even more restrictions on guns and guns ownership.

If you want to discuss the subject, at least be honest about what happened.

If they were honest, they'd have to admit that he is using his grief and tragedy for his own political purpose...assuming his son was really a victim.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
What right does he have to demand I lose my rights?
It’s sad and telling when you and others on the right fail to exhibit the same outrage when a conservative advocates that gay Americans be denied their right to equal protection of the law, and seeks to disallow gays to marry.

Still waiting for the OP to come up with where he found the guy in the story making any reference to anybody's "rights".... :eusa_whistle:

How about the part where he said “Nobody needs to own three semi-automatic handguns,” he said of Rodger. “It doesn’t make sense.”

Remember, California has some of the strictest gun purchasing laws in the country.. Including a law limiting handgun purchases to one a month, 10 round limit on Magazines, they don't honor ANY other State's Conceal Permits, and it is illegal to make a private sale of any guns. You have to go through a Licensed Gun Dealer to sell a gun to a friend.

It’s sad and telling when you and others on the right fail to exhibit the same outrage when a conservative advocates that gay Americans be denied their right to equal protection of the law, and seeks to disallow gays to marry.

Still waiting for the OP to come up with where he found the guy in the story making any reference to anybody's "rights".... :eusa_whistle:

How about the part where he said “Nobody needs to own three semi-automatic handguns,” he said of Rodger. “It doesn’t make sense.”

Remember, California has some of the strictest gun purchasing laws in the country.. Including a law limiting handgun purchases to one a month, 10 round limit on Magazines, they don't honor ANY other State's Conceal Permits, and it is illegal to make a private sale of any guns. You have to go through a Licensed Gun Dealer to sell a gun to a friend.

Strangest thing is that people here were saying that the guy killed himself, but the Sheriff said in his press conference that a deputy had engaged him and shot him in the head and though he escaped that scene, he died from that wound.

Yes, ban guns, ban knives, and ban anything that could possibly be used as a weapon.

And before you conservatards flip out and post some stupid comment like, "durrr how culd we inforce dat ur dum lol", Australia already has exactly this policy in place. Hammers are considered tightly-regulated weapons of mass destruction there because they, too, can be used as weapons.

It's time for America to step into the 21st Century and outlaw all weapons, as well as anything else that kills people.

Anything can be used to kill people, but to kill someone at close range when they are not tied up, asleep or drugged requires more than hands and feet. Since risk is involved is takes bit of bravery, thus, the coward relies on a gun (in fact, the possession of a gun makes a 'brave' man out of he coward).

There are plenty of ways to kill people with just your hands and feet.

Gosh... the kid's body wasn't even cold yet before the father starts taking swings at the NRA and other politicians. What nerve? Why even have a son if all you are going to do when he dies is use him to politically attack others? Huh? What reverence is there in doing such a thing?
My impression of that kid's father is he's hoping Central Casting is watching.

Um, no. If anything I deserve a little more respect from you, @Pogo .

Before you go putting words in my mouth, I'm saying he's garbage for turning the death of his son into a political weapon, which denigrates the memory of his son's life in this world. I was angry at him when I watched him speak. How could he? He dared to lash out at the NRA and other like minded individuals. He dared to turn his son's death into a political circus.

No father brings the loss of their loved ones upon themself, but the ire he drew from those he lashed out at is a product of his own actions. For that, he brought it down on himself, deservedly.

You got a ton of respect when I didn't neg you for blaming the victim. For now.

YOU are the one turning this into a political circus. Stop being a fucking sociopath because your handlers tell you to. It's disgusting.

Sure, but you've already negged me, and with it went your respect. You lack wisdom. You lack insight. You are hotheaded. All you see is politics this and faux outrage that. You have just now done the same thing the father did. You accuse me of being over the line? I say the father already has crossed it. What did the NRA do to kill his son? Nothing. So why mention them? What did conservatives do to kill his son? Nothing.

How can he do something like that? No father would ever use the death of his son or daughter as a political vehicle.

And I have no handlers. The only one in charge of me is the Lord Almighty, Pogo. It's disgusting that you're agreeing with his petty remarks about people who were nowhere near his son, nor held any sway over his death. Grief does not absolve you of responsibility, nor of consequences.

Such irreverence. It is truly appalling.

"Agreeing with his petty remarks"??? I didn't even read his petty remarks. I'm feeling some faint sliver of what he's feeling, having his beloved son taken unfairly. A sentiment an empty-souled sociopath like yourself is apparently incapable of. Don't you DARE try to hide behind religion after committing this kind of bullshit, ya fucking hypocrite.

I only came back here to see if the OP ever came up with an answer, which as far as I can see he didn't, which removes the entire premise of the thread. Given his abandonment of his own point I'm unsbuscribing - the stench of sociopathic partisan parrots is a bit thick for my regurgitative defenses.

Some of y'all need serious psychiatric help.

Last edited:

Then we will ban limbs, but only for criminals and potential rapists. If forced amputations are what it takes to secure the peace, then so be it.

You got a ton of respect when I didn't neg you for blaming the victim. For now.

YOU are the one turning this into a political circus. Stop being a fucking sociopath because your handlers tell you to. It's disgusting.

Sure, but you've already negged me, and with it went your respect. You lack wisdom. You lack insight. You are hotheaded. All you see is politics this and faux outrage that. You have just now done the same thing the father did. You accuse me of being over the line? I say the father already has crossed it. What did the NRA do to kill his son? Nothing. So why mention them? What did conservatives do to kill his son? Nothing.

How can he do something like that? No father would ever use the death of his son or daughter as a political vehicle.

And I have no handlers. The only one in charge of me is the Lord Almighty, Pogo. It's disgusting that you're agreeing with his petty remarks about people who were nowhere near his son, nor held any sway over his death. Grief does not absolve you of responsibility, nor of consequences.

Such irreverence. It is truly appalling.

"Agreeing with his petty remarks"??? I didn't even read his petty remarks. I'm feeling some faint sliver of what he's feeling, having his beloved son taken unfairly. A sentiment an empty-souled sociopath like yourself is apparently incapable of. Don't you DARE try to hide behind religion after committing this kind of bullshit, ya fucking hypocrite.

And that, is your entire problem. The difference here is that I read his remarks. I watched him speak. What he said made me angry. I also know what your stances are on gun control. This was nothing but argumentum ad passiones from you.

And while you're at it. You will never question my religiosity in front of others again, Pogo. Understand? You will never refer to me as an 'empty soul' either. One thing about my faith is that we value honesty. You sir, rely on raw, unadulterated emotion to shame others. Go back and read that post again. You are deliberately misconstruing my comments, and taking the high ground that isn't yours to take.

You my friend are like a wild beast, attacking, rending and devouring others with no regard to reality or to their personage. Are you afraid to acknowledge the fact that I never engaged in any of things you're accusing me of? If I have, I would definitely like to see it.

Now chill out, or the next time we meet, there will be a neg coming your way. You have attacked me wrongly and you have blatantly assaulted my character without reason.

Then we will ban limbs, but only for criminals and potential rapists. If forced amputations are what it takes to secure the peace, then so be it.
OK, I get it. You're a conservative trying to make libs look bad. They don't need any help.

Bullshit, prove it.

OK, I get it. You're a conservative trying to make libs look bad. They don't need any help.
OK, I get it. You're a possum trying to make weasels look bad. They don't need any help.

I am not unlike Thomas Paine. I do oftentimes seem insensitive and disinterested. But I see things as they really are. If that loses me friends in the long run, then I know who has character and who does not. What this father did was classless. I will continue saying so.

“In stating these matters, I speak an open and disinterested language, dictated by no passion but that of humanity.

To me, who have not only refused offers, because I thought them improper, but have declined rewards I might with reputation have accepted, it is no wonder that meanness and imposition appear disgustful. Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to do good.”

― Thomas Paine, Rights of Man

So the only way to kill someone with your bare hands is to first drug them then tie them up?

FYI more people are killed with fists and feet than they are with rifles.

Forum List

Back