What "rights" does nature give us?

Correct. Only women and sub-humans (African slaves) were left out. Thankfully we fixed that oversight.

Women were not "left out," fucktard.

The 19th US Constitutional Amendment, which gave women the right to vote in the US, was ratified on August 18, 1920

prior to that they had no choice in the matter.

That only guaranteed that the unalienable right was upheld as it was not so self-evident to the culture.

Again, it took a long, long time for world cultures to enjoy the enlightenment found in the Judea-Christian notion of man being created in the image of God = unalienable rights.

Correct. Only women and sub-humans (African slaves) were left out. Thankfully we fixed that oversight.

Right. Women had full voting rights, and were not chattel of their husbands, all thanks to the FF.

Good thinking, moron. Keep up the delusion you know shit. It'll help assure you never do.

Absolutely! You are beginning to catch on.

The acknowledgement that rights are an unalienable gift from God was the template for it all.

That the FF were actually not fully enlightened to what they were professing, or that they were actually hypocrites in practice - is immaterial.

Right. Women had full voting rights, and were not chattel of their husbands, all thanks to the FF.

Good thinking, moron. Keep up the delusion you know shit. It'll help assure you never do.

Absolutely! You are beginning to catch on.

The acknowledgement that rights are an unalienable gift from God was the template for it all.

That the FF were actually not fully enlightened to what they were professing, or that they were actually hypocrites in practice - is immaterial.

Terrific; stupidity loves company, so it's nice to see U'08 will not be alone. In fact, I'm getting misty just thinking about it.

This Nation was indeed FOUNDED and thrives under the notion of our inalienable rights granted us by our Creator. They are explicitly supernatural, and America is a defacto theocracy.

Now all that's left is to properly define 'God'.

Good luck with that... I think I'll stick to promoting a dynamic Civil Law and adherence to the First Amendment.

No.

All you need to know is that the single most important tenet of the founding of America is the recognition of the inalienable rights granted by God.

Look it up.

They said "rights granted by their 'Creator'..."

Prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that your god is my Creator and I'll kiss your ass on the fifty yard line of any game you buy the tickets for.

Step one is still to define "God".

Makes no difference to me except that it is a pointer in revolt and something to keep in mind when questioning these documents that had a bias in nature.

Why would you revolt when you have Barack Obama re-crafting the Khmer Rouge as we speak? Is that not what you seek, anyway?

And yet those dead men are trusted to this day.

Have you ever read Madison, Mason, Payne, Jefferson, et al?

They are trusted because their words not only are sensible, but have withstood the test of time.

Notice how different this is from the words that you do trust from men like Karl Marx, where the test of time has shown them to be fallacy.

Those men are dead and our post industiral society is alot different then those days.

Post industrial?

ROFL

So you're a Neocon then?

I wonder what Bolotsky (nee Bell) would say of the returning industrialization.

BTW, Bell died in 2011 - ergo you found your idiocy on the words of a dead man. Irving Kristol is dead as well.

Things are not bad enough in society that anyone would want to tackle a new one, but mind you if it were I'd welcome it with a lot of diversity of people working on it.

What would the aim of this new constitution be?

Now all that's left is to properly define 'God'.

Good luck with that... I think I'll stick to promoting a dynamic Civil Law and adherence to the First Amendment.

No.

All you need to know is that the single most important tenet of the founding of America is the recognition of the inalienable rights granted by God.

Look it up.

They said "rights granted by their 'Creator'..."

Prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that your god is my Creator and I'll kiss your ass on the fifty yard line of any game you buy the tickets for.

Step one is still to define "God".

I don't have to prove anything to you, doomed soul, to prove that our Nation was primarily founded on the principle of our rights existing unalienable and beyond reproach of any government - since they are granted supernaturally.

You don't believe in America, but, then again, you are godless scum.

Freedom is relative, but the documents imply everyone was equal back then and had rights , this was not true.

Correct, this is not true. It is not true that the constitution states or implies that all are equal.

Let's just be honest about it.

It is what it is.

You should read the constitution some day. It was written so that commoners could understand it, unlike Obama's fascist care and so many modern laws.

I didn't write the document those old white men who wrote it are dead.

That's nice; what nation do you think has a better constitution and form of government?

Do you understand what social construction is?

I understand what a "red herring" is.

Do you understand what a "social construct" is?

People treat these documents the same way they do the bible.

You spew words that Common Dreams has trained you to say, but clearly you lack any grasp of their meaning.

I know it is upsetting to purists when inconsistencies are pointed out, but look past that initial fear and face it there's room for improvement.

What inconsistency have you "pointed out," sparky?

We know you hate white people, and have no ability to construct a syllogism. Beyond that, you've demonstrated nothing.

No argument. But laws that punish rape and thus mitigate the frequence at which rape occurs, dramatically, is no fucking illusion. Ask any woman.

Without logical fallacy, you would be incapable of anything related to logic.

Plus, and ya gotta love this irony: Righty retards whining about staying on-topic, in a thread about ... RIGHTS!!! (Not to mention, it went off topic when you fucking retards had to go running off on a tangent since you were too fucking stupid to challenge the on-topic post you replied to ... then you get bitch-slapped there, too, and whine, "Ewww; yur off topic, dewd!"). Fucking astonishing.

How do you morons feed yourselves? I may never understand that.

So the Common Dreams line of the day is that voting rights are the only rights that exist..

You Khmer Rouge types sure are dull witted.

Plus, and ya gotta love this irony: Righty retards whining about staying on-topic, in a thread about ... RIGHTS!!! (Not to mention, it went off topic when you fucking retards had to go running off on a tangent since you were too fucking stupid to challenge the on-topic post you replied to ... then you get bitch-slapped there, too, and whine, "Ewww; yur off topic, dewd!"). Fucking astonishing.

Tissue?

Tissue?

Sure. And thanks so much for caring. I'm touched.

(read: what an imbecile. I'm in fucking disbelief. No shit.)

Forum List

Back