What Should Children Be Told About Marriage Equality?

Winter you're a liar saying I didn't provide evidence, the evidence is on this page. You're only fooling yourself. Haha! Yeah right, the gay lobby uses the court system(government) to overturn the will of the people, and you have the nerve go say you're for limited government? That's a knee slapper right there, Bubba! Your side wouldn't have nada if it weren't for government force. I can't believe you said that incredibly ignorant shit!

Get some rest, old man. Hopefully you wake up & pick your brain up off the floor from being so "open minded". Lmao!
At least he has a brain, unlike a libertard like yourself, who spends his time ranting and raving against the gay agenda and claiming the sky is falling.

That's because you're stupid, hipster. I can't help you with that issue it seems, I doubt anybody could at this point.
Like that's an actual argument, and an argument without evidence like an IQ test to support it. I am well above average intelligence, but I think your ideological conditioning makes you incapable of seeing outside the Glenn Beck channel you think is 'reality'.

Nah, Ive never watched Glenn Beck's channel. I don't like to watch grown men cry about things that matter, I mostly read books, online material, watch videos...and form my own opinions from there on the issues. I like people who stand up for what is right & don't back down to man-purse wearing, chicken necked ninnies like yourself.

You aren't well above anyone's intelligence, you think communism & capitalism can function together in peace(stupid, no big discussion to see that's stupid), you don't understand that a penis is meant for a vagina, and think a man can become a woman simply by hacking off their huevos & having a dr. Shove theie penis up his gut inside out & giving them hormone pills(even more proof you're stupid, don't actually need much else).

So yeah, run along little guy, you're stupid.

And Winter, you must be losing it. In one post you claim you're side is winning, and in another you're claiming 20% of the population in this country are closeted gays, who just won't come out because they get "hassled".

You're so full of opinions and running on empty on facts.

Homos are coddled by the media and left wingers, you guys claim to be the majority opinion, but gays won't come out because WHY again?

You don't make sense, if your smithsonian nonsense were true, there is no better time to come out than now.

Keep fooling yourself, Old fool.

Nah, Ive never watched Glenn Beck's channel. I don't like to watch grown men cry about things that matter, I mostly read books, online material, watch videos...and form my own opinions from there on the issues. I like people who stand up for what is right & don't back down to man-purse wearing, chicken necked ninnies like yourself.

You aren't well above anyone's intelligence, you think communism & capitalism can function together in peace(stupid, no big discussion to see that's stupid), you don't understand that a penis is meant for a vagina, and think a man can become a woman simply by hacking off their huevos & having a dr. Shove theie penis up his gut inside out & giving them hormone pills(even more proof you're stupid, don't actually need much else).

So yeah, run along little guy, you're stupid.
Thanks for proving you can't tell the difference between state and non-state systems, non-state communism and capitalism are both voluntary systems (where no one can be forced to join) whereas state systems rely on coercion and manipulation to achieve their aims.

I could repeat this forever but I doubt you could handle the blatantly simple fact also that non-state capitalism or communism does not exist as a functioning system, hence why anyone can support or agree with ideas in both while living in and supporting a functioning state system.

A talking toaster would be a better play-mate than you, but this is the internet, not a sci-fi movie.

That both are considered Voluntary systems doesn't mean they would function peacefully amongst each other. They are fundementally opposed to each other, you idiot.

How many times do you need to be told this?

Anarcho-Capitalism is stateless or no-state involvement in a free market, capitalist economy, everything else you try to equate to anarcho capitalism is what you refer to as "libertardism"(which makes you stupid & a hypocrite).

You confuse the relationship between AnCaps & voluntaryism as being the exact same things, when they're not. Communisms ultimately goal is a stateless utopia where everybody pretty much is equal & shares resources. Pipe dream, no basis in reality.

The thing with some of you progressives/libs/homosexuals you just can't let children be children

You think you need to feed them your ideas at kindergarten..

that's why Democrats/progressives are now pushing for government funded Pre-school so you can brainwash them before they are out of diapers, I call that CHILD ABUSE myself

have you ever heard of such crazy crap...MARRIAGE isn't equal even when you are married most of the time...you'd spin some fairy tale about it I'm sure

Parents today really needs to look into homeschooling or make sure you are on top of what they teaching and now force feeding your children

And the ones who end up in traditional, healthy marriages with children and all. They're lying that they no longer feel attracted to the same sex, Wytchy? You gonna sink that low?

Which ones are lying LJ, the ones that say that they still have gay thoughts, feelings and desires or the ones that said they were able to "overcome the ghey"? Most of them fall into the former category.

Winter you're a liar saying I didn't provide evidence, the evidence is on this page. You're only fooling yourself. Haha! Yeah right, the gay lobby uses the court system(government) to overturn the will of the people, and you have the nerve go say you're for limited government? That's a knee slapper right there, Bubba! Your side wouldn't have nada if it weren't for government force. I can't believe you said that incredibly ignorant shit!

Get some rest, old man. Hopefully you wake up & pick your brain up off the floor from being so "open minded". Lmao!

Our gov't is not set up to cater to mob rule. It never has been. There are plenty of times that the majority was not in favor of something, but it was done anyway. The Civil Rights Act was never the will of the people in the south. I'm wide awake now and enjoying my morning.

The APA is not a credible source. We've already been through this.

Riiiiggght....you think an entire organization is suspect because one disgruntled employee says so. :lol:

These organization have also deemed "conversion" therapy as a bunch of hooey.

American Academy of Pediatrics

"Confusion about sexual orientation is not unusual during adolescence. Counseling may be helpful for young people who are uncertain about their sexual orientation or for those who are uncertain about how to express their sexuality and might profit from an attempt at clarification through a counseling or psychotherapeutic initiative. Therapy directed specifically at changing sexual orientation is contraindicated, since it can provoke guilt and anxiety while having little or no potential for achieving changes in orientation."
Homosexuality and Adolescence, Pediatrics.

American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy

"The American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy takes the position that same sex orientation is not a mental disorder. Therefore, we do not believe that sexual orientation in and of itself requires treatment or intervention."
Statement on Nonpathologizing Sexual Orientation.

American Counseling Association

"The American Counseling Association opposes portrayals of lesbian, gay, and bisexual youth and adults as mentally ill due to their sexual orientation; and supports the dissemination of accurate information about sexual orientation, mental health, and appropriate interventions in order to counteract bias that is based on ignorance or unfounded beliefs about same-gender sexual orientation."
Resolution, as reported in the American Psychological Association's publication, "Just the Facts about Sexual Orientation and Youth."

American Medical Association

"Our AMA… opposes, the use of 'reparative' or 'conversion' therapy that is based upon the assumption that homosexuality per se is a mental disorder or based upon the a priori assumption that the patient should change his/her homosexual orientation."
H-160.991, Health Care Needs of the Homosexual Population.

American Psychoanalytic Association

"Same-gender sexual orientation cannot be assumed to represent a deficit in personality development or the expression of psychopathology. As with any societal prejudice, anti-homosexual bias negatively affects mental health, contributing to an enduring sense of stigma and pervasive self-criticism in people of same-gender sexual orientation through the internalization of such prejudice.

As in all psychoanalytic treatments, the goal of analysis with homosexual patients is understanding. Psychoanalytic technique does not encompass purposeful efforts to "convert" or "repair" an individual's sexual orientation. Such directed efforts are against fundamental principles of psychoanalytic treatment and often result in substantial psychological pain by reinforcing damaging internalized homophobic attitudes."
Position Statement on Reparative Therapy.

American Psychological Association

"THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, That the American Psychological Association affirms that same-sex sexual and romantic attractions, feelings, and behaviors are normal and positive variations of human sexuality regardless of sexual orientation identity;

BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, That the American Psychological Association reaffirms its position that homosexuality per se is not a mental disorder and opposes portrayals of sexual minority youths and adults as mentally ill due to their sexual orientation;

BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, That the American Psychological Association concludes that there is insufficient evidence to support the use of psychological interventions to change sexual orientation;

BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, That the American Psychological Association encourages mental health professionals to avoid misrepresenting the efficacy of sexual orientation change efforts by promoting or promising change in sexual orientation when providing assistance to individuals distressed by their own or others' sexual orientation…"
Resolution on Appropriate Affirmative Responses to Sexual Orientation Distress and Change Efforts.

American School Counselor Association
"Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgendered and questioning (LGBTQ) youth often begin to experience self-identification during their pre-adolescent or adolescent years, as do heterosexual youth. These developmental processes are essential cognitive, emotional and social activities, and although they may have an impact on student development and achievement, they are not a sign of illness, mental disorder or emotional problems nor do they necessarily signify sexual activity.

The professional school counselor works with all students through the stages of identity development and understands this development may be more difficult for LGBTQ youth. It is not the role of the professional school counselor to attempt to change a student's sexual orientation/gender identity but instead to provide support to LGBTQ students to promote student achievement and personal well-being."
The Professional School Counselor and LGBTQ Youth.

National Association of Social Workers

"People seek mental health services for many reasons. Accordingly, it is fair to assert that lesbians and gay men seek therapy for the same reasons that heterosexual people do. However, the increase in media campaigns, often coupled with coercive messages from family and community members, has created an environment in which lesbians and gay men often are pressured to seek reparative or conversion therapies, which cannot and will not change sexual orientation. Aligned with the American Psychological Association's (1997) position, NCLGB [NASW's National Committee on Lesbian and Gay Issues] believes that such treatment potentially can lead to severe emotional damage. Specifically, transformational ministries are fueled by stigmatization of lesbians and gay men, which in turn produces the social climate that pressures some people to seek change in sexual orientation. No data demonstrate that reparative or conversion therapies are effective, and in fact they may be harmful."
Position Statement, "Reparative" and "Conversion" Therapies.

Pan American Health Organization (PAHO): Regional Office of the World Health Organization

Services that purport to "cure" people with non-heterosexual sexual orientation lack medical justification and represent a serious threat to the health and well-being of affected people, the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) said in a position statement launched on 17 May, 2012, the International Day against Homophobia. The statement calls on governments, academic institutions, professional associations and the media to expose these practices and to promote respect for diversity.

The Lies and Dangers of Efforts to Change Sexual Orientation or Gender Identity

Are they all in on this vast conspiracy you've cooked up in your mind?

And Winter, you must be losing it. In one post you claim you're side is winning, and in another you're claiming 20% of the population in this country are closeted gays, who just won't come out because they get "hassled".

Homos are coddled by the media and left wingers, you guys claim to be the majority opinion, but gays won't come out because WHY again?

You don't make sense, if your smithsonian nonsense were true, there is no better time to come out than now.

First of all, if yo think no gays are hassled because of their sexual orientation, you are delusional.

Second of all, as long as you continue to claim the Census Bureau tells you what percentage of the population is gay, you have no room to laugh at actual research and polling data.

First of all, if yo think no gays are hassled because of their sexual orientation, you are delusional.

Second of all, as long as you continue to claim the Census Bureau tells you what percentage of the population is gay, you have no room to laugh at actual research and polling data.

As you, correctly, stated...the Census does not ask the sexual orientation of the applicants. The 2010 Census was the first to ask a "gay" question.

Same-sex couples will have two ways to characterize their relationships on the 2010 census: They can choose "husband or wife" or "unmarried partners." The census will publicly report those responses and recognize demographic differences, such as their ethnicities, where they live, and whether they're raising children, between the two groups.​

That's it. The census did not track sexual orientation, just familial makeup so to use the Census as the only way to determine what percentage of the population is gay is ridiculous...even combining it with just the CDC numbers.

The problem with trying to determine how many gay people there are is that it all must be self reported. Until everyone who has ever had a same sex attraction wakes up with a purple dot on their forehead, we'll never know how many gay people there are.

We can go into stealth mode...

:badgrin:

As you, correctly, stated...the Census does not ask the sexual orientation of the applicants. The 2010 Census was the first to ask a "gay" question.

Same-sex couples will have two ways to characterize their relationships on the 2010 census: They can choose "husband or wife" or "unmarried partners." The census will publicly report those responses and recognize demographic differences, such as their ethnicities, where they live, and whether they're raising children, between the two groups.​

That's it. The census did not track sexual orientation, just familial makeup so to use the Census as the only way to determine what percentage of the population is gay is ridiculous...even combining it with just the CDC numbers.

The problem with trying to determine how many gay people there are is that it all must be self reported. Until everyone who has ever had a same sex attraction wakes up with a purple dot on their forehead, we'll never know how many gay people there are.

We can go into stealth mode...

:badgrin:

So 2% of the population is gay AND living with their partner. That makes sense.

Winter, this is why I think you're stupid...I just used a Gallup poll saying that the census bureau has definitely been counting same sex coupled households, and all you do is ignore it & nod like a bobblehead doll to what SeaWench says. The link provided says they have been counting them since 2000, in another link I can post, they say same couple households are LESS than 1%. Another from the CDC says they're approximately 2% of the population. Your dumb ass just goes along to get along.

Pathetic really.

So 2% of the population is gay AND living with their partner. That makes sense.

2% was willing to declare that on the Census...Stealth mode, remember ;)

Your lame ass theory about stealth modes mean diddly squat, it's all speculation. Winter here thinks that a 2% out-gays population would suddenly swell to 20% of the population because the smithsonian says so, are you willing to claim that you believe that to be so, in this climate where gays are coddled by the liberal media & academia...practically the most accepting times of gays in this country? If you do...you're just as nutty as he is. Lol

Forum List

Back