What should happen to kids of illegal aliens being deported?

YAWN. cant anybody on the Left make their case for Democrat Party pandering to mostly Hispanic illegals for votes without hypocritically accusing others of racism?

Back to the subject:
It's a pretty common scenario today. Illegal alien parents who produced kids in the U.S., get busted and deported. What happens to their U.S. citizen kids? Especially young kids, barely past toddler stage?

An adult man crosses the border illegally, and lives here. He marries someone, say another illegal alien. They have kids here. The kids are U.S. citizens under the current interpretation of the 14th amendment, since they were born on U.S. soil.

Then the man (and maybe his wife) get busted by ICE, proven to be illegal aliens (which they in fact are), and get listed for deportation.

What happens to the kids?

The kids are U.S. citizens, no doubt about it. ICE has no grounds whatever for deporting them. But the parents are unquestionably illegal aliens, and the law is clear, the parents must be deported. Must the family be broken up? Who says so?

I've hear some people protest that it's inhuman for ICE to separate the kids (who are, say, 3 and 4 years old by now) from their parents. But is it ICE who is actually doing that?

This man knew before he ever came here, that he was breaking U.S. law, and was subject to deportation if caught. And his wife, if she is also an illegal alien, knew the same about herself. And when they were making kids here on U.S. soil and delivering them, they knew the same was still true.

It's not ICE who is planning to split up this family. It is the man and his wife, knowing that he and she might be booted out at any time for breaking U.S. immigration law, and that any kids they produced while living illegally in America, would be citizens NOT subject to deporation. They knew all these things going in. And one must assume they planned for them. (If they didn't plan, whose fault is that?)

So, what did this man and his wife plan would happen to their U.S. kids if and when they (the parents) got busted and deported? What plans did they make about what should happen to their kids? The kids are 3 and 4 years old now. They are considered U.S. citizens and have the legal right to stay in this country. Of course, they can't stay alone in the house their parents were just deported out of, if there are no other responsible adults around - the kids are just 3 and 4 years old. Of course, the kids also have the legal right to go with their parents back to the parents' home country.

The parents knew going in, that their own deportation was possible and legal... and even just. WHAT DID THEY PLAN FOR THEIR KIDS if that were to happen to them?

Did they plan that those kids would come back to the parents' home country with them? Or did they plan that the kids would stay with other (legal) family, however distantly related, in the U.S.? Or...? What DID these parents plan, for the time when the parents got busted?

Where does anyone get the idea that the government is responsible for the kids?

The parents are responsible for their kids. What have they planned?

Why do conservapubs constantly focus their hate on the poor and the helpless?
Poor and helpless by whose standards? Ship the family back to their country of origin. The spawn have their "path to citizenship" when they present their birth certificate on their 18th BD.

why is this question even being asked; who would leave their own children if forced to go back home?

As their parents and obviously gaurdians they have the right to take them out of the country, and back where they came from. who are you to say what an illegal we decided cant stay here can do with his or her own children, regardless if they are American citizens?

Why do conservapubs constantly focus their hate on the poor and the helpless?

They have no constituency so it's easy to attack the powerless. It's what bullies do.
At least they don't have to import an illegal "constituency" and then work overtime to legitimize said "constituency" in order to continue bullying legitimate citizens.

It's a pretty common scenario today. Illegal alien parents who produced kids in the U.S., get busted and deported. What happens to their U.S. citizen kids? Especially young kids, barely past toddler stage?

An adult man crosses the border illegally, and lives here. He marries someone, say another illegal alien. They have kids here. The kids are U.S. citizens under the current interpretation of the 14th amendment, since they were born on U.S. soil.

Then the man (and maybe his wife) get busted by ICE, proven to be illegal aliens (which they in fact are), and get listed for deportation.

The kids are U.S. citizens, no doubt about it. ICE has no grounds whatever for deporting them. But the parents are unquestionably illegal aliens, and the law is clear, the parents must be deported. Must the family be broken up? Who says so?

I've hear some people protest that it's inhuman for ICE to separate the kids (who are, say, 3 and 4 years old by now) from their parents. But is it ICE who is actually doing that?

This man knew before he ever came here, that he was breaking U.S. law, and was subject to deportation if caught. And his wife, if she is also an illegal alien, knew the same about herself. And when they were making kids here on U.S. soil and delivering them, they knew the same was still true.

It's not ICE who is planning to split up this family. It is the man and his wife, knowing that he and she might be booted out at any time for breaking U.S. immigration law, and that any kids they produced while living illegally in America, would be citizens NOT subject to deporation. They knew all these things going in. And one must assume they planned for them. (If they didn't plan, whose fault is that?)

So, what did this man and his wife plan would happen to their U.S. kids if and when they (the parents) got busted and deported? What plans did they make about what should happen to their kids? The kids are 3 and 4 years old now. They are considered U.S. citizens and have the legal right to stay in this country. Of course, they can't stay alone in the house their parents were just deported out of, if there are no other responsible adults around - the kids are just 3 and 4 years old. Of course, the kids also have the legal right to go with their parents back to the parents' home country.

The parents knew going in, that their own deportation was possible and legal... and even just. WHAT DID THEY PLAN FOR THEIR KIDS if that were to happen to them?

Did they plan that those kids would come back to the parents' home country with them? Or did they plan that the kids would stay with other (legal) family, however distantly related, in the U.S.? Or...? What DID these parents plan, for the time when the parents got busted?

U.S. citizens born here go to prison and are separated from their families every day. Why is this different?

They don't have to be separated from their parents…..they simply go back to Mexico with their families, and when they are old enough they can come here…on their own, like Bruce Lee did.

Keep the families together send the children back with their parents.

But if the kids are older, its wrong to send children to a country they don't know. They might be attending school in the US, why deny them an education? They didn't commit a crime, their parents did.

But if the kids are older, its wrong to send children to a country they don't know. They might be attending school in the US, why deny them an education? They didn't commit a crime, their parents did.

Then their parent's can make arrangements for them to stay in the States…….just like a bank robber who is going to jail has to make arrangements for their kids…we don't say…oh, the bank robber has kids so we can't send them to jail, do we?

They will go as a family. Trump doesn't want to break up families

-Geaux

You can't deport an American citizen.
The parents would be the ones deported. The children would simply be going along for the ride since the parents have legal custody. If the parents can find someone legally in the states to transfer legal custody of the children, the children could stay.

So the choice is either the American citizen gets booted out of his own country to stay with his family or he gets left with someone else.

Why not just give them a fucking green card so they can stay and work. Wouldn't that be a hell of a lot simpler?
It's a hell of a lot simpler if you want to give an incentive to millions to come here illegally and have anchor babies so they can stay. Sometimes you have to look at the big picture.

Give them GC bring them out from hiding so they can start paying taxes. Is that bad?
I am looking at the big picture but you are looking your DL.

We are not sending them anywhere. Their parents are

They can always work with a legal family to house them until they return. Plenty of options

-Geaux

So what are you suggesting here? That we, the United States Citizens, change our entire immigration system because of the "children" so we don't have to feel bad?

No, we change it because it's the sensible thing to do. This country was built on immigration. A hundred years ago people were coming here on boats by the tens of thousands and we had them sign their name in a book and be on there way and I'd say everything turned out pretty damn good in the long term. Now we've made it so absurdly complicated and time consuming that people are skirting the law. Unless you're intent on applying brute force that's what happens.

Let me tell you something, I'm sick of changing for them. I'm sick of having to press 1 to speak our language. I'm sick of having to choose between an English ballot or Spanish ballot at the voting places. I'm sick of having to change for them.

Oh, you poor baby! You have to choose between two?? That must be so incredibly trying for you. Most countries in the world have more than one official language spoken. Go to Canada and you'll find everything in English and French. Go to Europe and you'll find things reprinted in many different languages. Last time I was in Barcelona I ate at a restaurant where I could choose the language of my menu. Why is it that if somehow we have two widely spoken languages in the U.S. instead of just English that suddenly mean shit's going to come crashing down? That's just your xenophobia speaking.

Hey! I was here first. It's about time you change for me--not the other way around.

Yeah, I'm guessing a lot of Native American Indian tribes are going to disagree with you on that one.

You're wrong about what happened 100 years ago. We had strict quotas then. People had to get an immigration visa before they could come.

No other country has wide open borders like ours. They all strictly limit immigration. Why should we accept all the human refuse of the entire world?

Are you talking about the miles of our borders or our policy? When you travel or have you even travel to different countries? Who will stop you for staying there illegally? Yes they have some kind of strict policy but rarely enforce.

So what are you suggesting here? That we, the United States Citizens, change our entire immigration system because of the "children" so we don't have to feel bad?

No, we change it because it's the sensible thing to do. This country was built on immigration. A hundred years ago people were coming here on boats by the tens of thousands and we had them sign their name in a book and be on there way and I'd say everything turned out pretty damn good in the long term. Now we've made it so absurdly complicated and time consuming that people are skirting the law. Unless you're intent on applying brute force that's what happens.

Let me tell you something, I'm sick of changing for them. I'm sick of having to press 1 to speak our language. I'm sick of having to choose between an English ballot or Spanish ballot at the voting places. I'm sick of having to change for them.

Oh, you poor baby! You have to choose between two?? That must be so incredibly trying for you. Most countries in the world have more than one official language spoken. Go to Canada and you'll find everything in English and French. Go to Europe and you'll find things reprinted in many different languages. Last time I was in Barcelona I ate at a restaurant where I could choose the language of my menu. Why is it that if somehow we have two widely spoken languages in the U.S. instead of just English that suddenly mean shit's going to come crashing down? That's just your xenophobia speaking.

Hey! I was here first. It's about time you change for me--not the other way around.

Yeah, I'm guessing a lot of Native American Indian tribes are going to disagree with you on that one.

You're wrong about what happened 100 years ago. We had strict quotas then. People had to get an immigration visa before they could come.

No other country has wide open borders like ours. They all strictly limit immigration. Why should we accept all the human refuse of the entire world?

Are you talking about the miles of our borders or our policy? When you travel or have you even travel to different countries? Who will stop you for staying there illegally? Yes they have some kind of strict policy but rarely enforce.

Well that's not true.

-Geaux

-----------------
Australia to deport 20 illegal Chinese migrants

In a major operation against illegal migrants in Australia, the Australian Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) has detained 20 Chinese migrants who were staying and working illegally in the country. DIAC will remove the illegal workers identified in a joint operation with New South Wales Police in the Riverina.

Australia to deport 20 illegal Chinese migrants

Put them up for adoption.

Make these bleeding hearts in this country adopt a couple. that should take care of it

They should NOT be considered as citizens.

If they're born here, they're a citizen, Sparky.

Time to change that.

If you want to change it then petition the government to change it, but as it stands today you're a citizen if you're born here, so it's an invalid argument.
We wouldn't deport the child. If they can find a family to raise him here,, he can stay.
Jackson as I said several times be REALISTIC. Let me give you an example I hope I make sense to you. Let say. You and your wife with 2 kids. Overnight you have 2 or more kids to feed, clothing, day care, education. Is that acceptable to you?

They will go as a family. Trump doesn't want to break up families

-Geaux

You can deport their illegal, criminal, law-breaking parents. Let the crooks decide what to do with their "citizen" offspring". Desert them to the powers that be/other relatives, or take them with until they reach majority age.

Don't TAZ Me Bro would have us allow criminals to go free because if they went to prison they wouldn't be able to raise their children.
That is so funny. Where in the world he said that? This is the problem here. You post these very unrealistic opinion how to solve this immigration without thinking of the consequences. Wake up and stop dreaming.

Keep in mind....Bruce Lee was born here but his parents were Chinese nationals...they took him home to China and when he was old enough he came back to the states since he had citizenship.......we can do that........solves the problem doesn't it....?
That was in early 60s. Same technique but different policy today.
Send the kids back to the criminal hell hole they came from then come back here as criminals. Imagine kids in millions of numbers. Get real.

Then their parent's can make arrangements for them to stay in the States…….just like a bank robber who is going to jail has to make arrangements for their kids…we don't say…oh, the bank robber has kids so we can't send them to jail, do we?
Either you are dreamin or im dreamin reading your post. We are talking millions of kids not couple of kids.

The kids should go with the parents right back to whatever shithole they crawled out of.

Easy Peasy.

Forum List

Back