What Should Happen To The Person/s That Sells Guns Illegally

Seriously, they should be punished in some way.

The straw buyer for the San Bernardino shooters is being prosecuted. If they find one in this case they should be prosecuted as well.

If he wasn't legally entitled to buy guns but bought them via a private sale in Texas, who are you going to prosecute?

You are missing the point.... AGAIN.

If making laws was the solution, then why didn't it work? Leftwingers have repeated constantly, that if only we had a law preventing bad people from buying guys, then... THEN... we could get this under control.

Huh... we have a law, says this man wasn't allowed to buy a guy.... yet he got a gun.

The law didn't work. Just like all the other laws didn't work. Just like prohibition didn't work. Just like laws against illegal drugs right now, don't work.

How many more times do you have to try and fail, before you figure out your ideology does not work?

You remind me of the communist government in Cuba, that for 60 years has destroyed the country, and all they do is blame the US. Or Venezuela, blaming the 'capitalist saboteurs.'

How many times does this have to happen before you people wake up and figure out your system doesn't work?

Example: we have laws against wife beating, and yet, women get beat up by their husbands every day in this country.
Those laws, by your 'logic', then, are not working.

Therefore, by your 'logic', those laws should simply be abolished.
No, his logic is that more laws against wife beating will not help.
Is that what he told you to say?

The straw buyer for the San Bernardino shooters is being prosecuted. If they find one in this case they should be prosecuted as well.

If he wasn't legally entitled to buy guns but bought them via a private sale in Texas, who are you going to prosecute?

You are missing the point.... AGAIN.

If making laws was the solution, then why didn't it work? Leftwingers have repeated constantly, that if only we had a law preventing bad people from buying guys, then... THEN... we could get this under control.

Huh... we have a law, says this man wasn't allowed to buy a guy.... yet he got a gun.

The law didn't work. Just like all the other laws didn't work. Just like prohibition didn't work. Just like laws against illegal drugs right now, don't work.

How many more times do you have to try and fail, before you figure out your ideology does not work?

You remind me of the communist government in Cuba, that for 60 years has destroyed the country, and all they do is blame the US. Or Venezuela, blaming the 'capitalist saboteurs.'

How many times does this have to happen before you people wake up and figure out your system doesn't work?

Example: we have laws against wife beating, and yet, women get beat up by their husbands every day in this country.
Those laws, by your 'logic', then, are not working.

Therefore, by your 'logic', those laws should simply be abolished.
No, his logic is that more laws against wife beating will not help.
Is that what he told you to say?
No.

To people like this violent thug killer, Devin Patrick Kelley, that viciously murders multiple people in cold blood for no reason whatsoever?
Depends on how the sale was conducted. Was it legal? Illegal? Stolen?
Too many variables to have a one size fits all solution.

Ultimately one person is responsible for each bullet that came out of that gun.

"Depends on how the sale was conducted. Was it legal? Illegal? Stolen? "

It literally says "sell guns illegally " in the thread title.
An illegal sale does not imply bad intent. Even legit gun shops can make mistakes.

Stop humping my leg jackass

Who gives a shit about intent? If you sell a case of beer to a minor, nobody cares about your intent.

And don't flatter yourself, I post to a lot of people.
You've been riding my nuts like a devoted whore for 24 hours now. Flattery not needed chump

Yet it makes sense to you to disadvantage and add costs to the law abiding? That's playing right into the leftist agenda. If they can't take your guns, they want to price them out of the citizens reach. Just look at the taxes and other crap blue states are coming up with. In NY City it takes about 6 months and 600 to a 1000 dollars just to get permission to have a hand gun in your home. Only the elite get concealed carry permits there.

Im wouldn't support measures like that... Like I said I own guns and don't think it should be hard or expensive to buy sell or use them as long as you are a law abiding citizen. NYC does have crazy tough laws on gun owners. As far as I understand that was a decision that city leadership and the voters made, which they have the right to do. I also recall NYC as being one of the most dangerous cities in the US a few decades ago and now it has made tremendous strides. I don't know if there is a correlation to the gun laws or if that was part of the program, but it is interesting.

Yep and it's backsliding since commiecrat administrations have been in power for a while. IL requires a Firearms Ownership License just to own a gun, how's that working for Chicago? The problem is not legal guns in flyover country. The problem is illegal guns and criminal activity in the regressive utopias, ie major cities, that's were most gun deaths occur.

I hear what you are saying but the violence in Chicago is a result of poverty and gangs, not a result of strict gun laws. Are you trying to imply that the strict gun laws are causing the violence to spike?

Property crime has gone down since McDonald v. City of Chicago. More people have hand guns in their homes.

Check the numbers since 2010

http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime-Chicago-Illinois.html

Thats great, I'd never advocate a situation that would hinder the right for law abiding Americans to have a gun in their homes to protect themselves. Especially in dangerous areas. I'm not sure if the situation is as simple as more guns less crime, but it is definitely worth looking at when weighing in all the factors that contribute the the crime, safety and prosperity of our communities.
. Really all that is needed is to get tougher on crime through enforcement, and to close the gun show loop holes etc. Common sense people, just use common sense PLEASE.

To people like this violent thug killer, Devin Patrick Kelley, that viciously murders multiple people in cold blood for no reason whatsoever?

Well, they has to trace whomever sold him these weapons. But once they has found the person or organization that has sold him the weapons, that they will be charged with accessory to murder since it was sold to him illegally. The gun seller will be considered as a co-conspirator to find out what was the intent of the deal. Was it for profit or not.

An accessory is a person who assists in the commission of a crime, but who does not actually participate in the commission of the crime as a joint principal. The distinction between an accessory and a principal is a question of fact and degree:

• The principal is the one whose acts or omissions, accompanied by the relevant mens rea (Latin for "guilty mind"), are the most immediate cause of the actus reus (Latin for "guilty act").
  • If two or more people are directly responsible for the actus reus, they can be charged as joint principals (see common purpose). The test to distinguish a joint principal from an accessory is whether the defendant independently contributed to causing the actus reusrather than merely giving generalised and/or limited help and encouragement. Accessory (legal term) - Wikipedia

Yet it makes sense to you to disadvantage and add costs to the law abiding? That's playing right into the leftist agenda. If they can't take your guns, they want to price them out of the citizens reach. Just look at the taxes and other crap blue states are coming up with. In NY City it takes about 6 months and 600 to a 1000 dollars just to get permission to have a hand gun in your home. Only the elite get concealed carry permits there.

Im wouldn't support measures like that... Like I said I own guns and don't think it should be hard or expensive to buy sell or use them as long as you are a law abiding citizen. NYC does have crazy tough laws on gun owners. As far as I understand that was a decision that city leadership and the voters made, which they have the right to do. I also recall NYC as being one of the most dangerous cities in the US a few decades ago and now it has made tremendous strides. I don't know if there is a correlation to the gun laws or if that was part of the program, but it is interesting.

Yep and it's backsliding since commiecrat administrations have been in power for a while. IL requires a Firearms Ownership License just to own a gun, how's that working for Chicago? The problem is not legal guns in flyover country. The problem is illegal guns and criminal activity in the regressive utopias, ie major cities, that's were most gun deaths occur.

I hear what you are saying but the violence in Chicago is a result of poverty and gangs, not a result of strict gun laws. Are you trying to imply that the strict gun laws are causing the violence to spike?

Property crime has gone down since McDonald v. City of Chicago. More people have hand guns in their homes.

Check the numbers since 2010

http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime-Chicago-Illinois.html

Thats great, I'd never advocate a situation that would hinder the right for law abiding Americans to have a gun in their homes to protect themselves. Especially in dangerous areas. I'm not sure if the situation is as simple as more guns less crime, but it is definitely worth looking at when weighing in all the factors that contribute the the crime, safety and prosperity of our communities.

I'm not sure if the situation is as simple as more guns less crime

There's actually a book out by that title (portion in bold), you might want to check it out. A lot of common sense and good stats in it.

They should suffer the same legal penalties as the persons who purchased and misused the guns.

in a civil action.... I don't think so criminally.... not unless they knew the guy was a risk.

"Should" is the operative word - not what current law states.

I know. I don't think they "should" be subject to the same penalties unless they had cause to know the person was dangerous.

The guns were sold legally. The guilty party is the person responsible for transmitting the information from the Pentagon to the FBI that would have assured that this dangerous man was never able to buy a gun.

They should suffer the same legal penalties as the persons who purchased and misused the guns.

in a civil action.... I don't think so criminally.... not unless they knew the guy was a risk.

"Should" is the operative word - not what current law states.

I know. I don't think they "should" be subject to the same penalties unless they had cause to know the person was dangerous.

I disagree! Illegally selling a gun is illegally selling a gun. No mercy!

The guns were sold legally. The guilty party is the person responsible for transmitting the information from the Pentagon to the FBI that would have assured that this dangerous man was never able to buy a gun.

no. The guilty party is the piece of shit who did the shooting...
. Anyone in the chain that broke the chain had a part in this. Do your jobs people.

Well, they has to trace whomever sold him these weapons. But once they has found the person or organization that has sold him the weapons, that they will be charged with accessory to murder since it was sold to him illegally. The gun seller will be considered as a co-conspirator to find out what was the intent of the deal. Was it for profit or not.

An accessory is a person who assists in the commission of a crime, but who does not actually participate in the commission of the crime as a joint principal. The distinction between an accessory and a principal is a question of fact and degree:

• The principal is the one whose acts or omissions, accompanied by the relevant mens rea (Latin for "guilty mind"), are the most immediate cause of the actus reus (Latin for "guilty act").
  • If two or more people are directly responsible for the actus reus, they can be charged as joint principals (see common purpose). The test to distinguish a joint principal from an accessory is whether the defendant independently contributed to causing the actus reusrather than merely giving generalised and/or limited help and encouragement. Accessory (legal term) - Wikipedia

The USAF admitted they didn't enter his conviction for DV in the NICS data base. You going to charge them as an accessory because of an administrative error. It wasn't the seller fault.

The USAF admitted they didn't enter his conviction for DV in the NICS data base. You going to charge them as an accessory because of an administrative error. It wasn't the seller fault.

. Of course one can't go after the Air Force on whole, but recommendations of discharge for anyone that didn't do their job should be considered. It's time that people start doing their Jobs instead of just showing up for a pay check.

I'm not sure if the situation is as simple as more guns less crime

There's actually a book out by that title (portion in bold), you might want to check it out. A lot of common sense and good stats in it.

Title of the book sounds like fake news.

More guns less crime.jpg

Yep.

And so the government had set it up for him to buy weapons? Military put in all information when servicemen are court-martial. I can understand it if it were the 1940's when everything was done by paper. When you put the info into the computer, you have to put in the reason of the discharge so that the offender doesn't collects any benefits like medical and grants. Some unhonorable discharge allows them to receive some VA benefits. It depends on the purpose. That has to be put into the system.

Forum List

Back