What should happen to you if you steal $1,000,000+ from a charity? 25 years in prison?

Depends on what the charity is.

Is it a real charity, or a political donation?

That's what Louanne Aponte got:

Nobody is above the law. Right?
Judge Julie Kocurek, did a good job. 25 years sounds about right.

Hmm...., See what happens when your not connected with Democrats or a Democrat politicians.... Facing 357 years and getting only 5 years....
XXXXXXXXXXXX​

If we started making White Collar Criminals work off their restitution behind bars at minimum wage before they could be released, the GOP would want $50/hour wages at least.

Or paint them Orange and elect them for President.

Or set up a scam charity for the Puerto Rican Hurricane victims and rip off not only charitable givers but the Federal Government also...

25 years is absurd and just goes to show how uneven and unfair our justice system is. When Wall Street bigwigs and our politicians steal far larger sums but face no consequences, we have a broken system.

This story is 10 years old and she was up for parole after only two years. I couldn’t find any news on whether she was paroled.
Woman who stole from nonprofits up for parole two years into 25-year sentence

White collar crime is rampant and they should get the full years recommended, it will teach them a lesson.

25 years is absurd and just goes to show how uneven and unfair our justice system is. When Wall Street bigwigs and our politicians steal far larger sums but face no consequences, we have a broken system.

This story is 10 years old and she was up for parole after only two years. I couldn’t find any news on whether she was paroled.
I look at it a little different. This was a white collar crime. White collar crime often has sentencing guidelines much too lenient to teach people, (obviously intelligent enough to learn) not to go back to that criminal pattern and not enough to show a bad outcome as a warning to others that would take the same path. Though I cannot fix the system in a way that all would consider even handed, I applaud when white collar criminals get the shaft for their dirty deeds, especially when steeling from charities while purporting to do good. Trump should be in jail for his charity work, along with his kids.

Hmm...., See what happens when your not connected with Democrats or a Democrat politicians.... Facing 357 years and getting only 5 years....
XXXXXXXXXXXX​
Okay, so we have a bid for 5 years and one for 25 years.

Or set up a scam charity for the Puerto Rican Hurricane victims and rip off not only charitable givers but the Federal Government also...
But then the investigation ended quietly with no charges or even findings of corruption. So lets stick to actual criminal cases instead of partisan fantasies.

I look at it a little different. This was a white collar crime. White collar crime often has sentencing guidelines much too lenient to teach people, (obviously intelligent enough to learn) not to go back to that criminal pattern and not enough to show a bad outcome as a warning to others that would take the same path. Though I cannot fix the system in a way that all would consider even handed, I applaud when white collar criminals get the shaft for their dirty deeds, especially when steeling from charities while purporting to do good. Trump should be in jail for his charity work, along with his kids.

Yet you don't see the hypocrisy in convicts of the same kind by politicians especially "Democrats" committing similar crimes.
Democrats say investigating their crimes is a crime
XXXXXXXXXXXX​
XXXXXXXXXXXX​
XXXXXXXXXXXX​

Yet you don't see the hypocrisy in convicts of the same kind by politicians especially "Democrats" committing similar crimes.
I do see the hypocrisy, but i do not subscribe to your partisan delusions. Doc, you are abnormal when it comes to this. Too much time on shithole websites like this one has given you the false sense that you are anywhere near normal or rational in your overwrought partisan hallucinations.

Forum List

Back