What should the wealthy do? Libs How should they be sharing there wealth?

Bigger government?

Slashing the IRS and saving billions is bigger government now?

And you have not proven that a 10% flat tax would do anything to anyone.

And I know it's difficult for a sheep like you to get out of the two dimensional world in which you live but the terms liberal and conservative are meaningless to me and neither applies.

So you'll be taxing the poor, making them poorer. I don't have to prove that, it's simple math. This will increase dependency on the government and hence increase the size of government. I guess a more simple tax system would shrink the IRS, but what costs more, social programs or the IRS? I'm for lower taxes and smaller government so I don't like your idea. Other big government people probably agree with you though.

No you're for no taxes on some and higher taxes on others.

If we are going to have a tax it has to apply to everyone. Tell me if you're "poor" do you get a pass on the gas tax?

No?

Then why should you get a pass on the income tax?

I am for low taxes and small government. As I stated you would increase taxes on the poor and increase the size of government. Thats bad in my book.

So you'll be taxing the poor, making them poorer. I don't have to prove that, it's simple math. This will increase dependency on the government and hence increase the size of government. I guess a more simple tax system would shrink the IRS, but what costs more, social programs or the IRS? I'm for lower taxes and smaller government so I don't like your idea. Other big government people probably agree with you though.

If we are going to have a tax it has to apply to everyone. Tell me if you're "poor" do you get a pass on the gas tax?

No?

I am for low taxes and small government. As I stated you would increase taxes on the poor and increase the size of government. Thats bad in my book.

Low taxes or no taxes?

You can't go any lower than zero can you?

And you have not proven that a 10% flat tax would increase the size of government.

No?

Low taxes or no taxes?

And you have not proven that a 10% flat tax would increase the size of government.

Yes, no taxes is the best option. Not very practical for everyone, but i would prefer to pay no taxes.

Do I have to prove it? It's just common sense. Earlier it was determined that Federal assistance programs was the largest expense for government. You want to take from the poor and increase their dependency on these programs. So clearly that will increase the size of government. It's quite simple really.

Low taxes or no taxes?

Yes, no taxes is the best option. Not very practical for everyone, but i would prefer to pay no taxes.

Do I have to prove it? It's just common sense. Earlier it was determined that Federal assistance programs was the largest expense for government. You want to take from the poor and increase their dependency on these programs. So clearly that will increase the size of government. It's quite simple really.

No taxes?

Then you're an anarchist.

No taxes no government.

Or are you saying you want others to pick up your tab?

And sorry buy none of your whining will ever convince me that a 10% flat tax would put anyone working in a bread line.

If you make 250 a week you can get by on 225. if you can't then you need to either decrease your expenses or increase your income. It's called being responsible.

Low taxes or no taxes?

No taxes?

No taxes no government.

And sorry buy none of your whining will ever convince me that a 10% flat tax would put anyone working in a bread line.

If you make 250 a week you can get by on 225. if you can't then you need to either decrease your expenses or increase your income. It's called being responsible.

We've only had federal income tax since like 1913. We must have been doing something before that. Did we have no government before that? And as you have been stating some people don't pay it now right?

You must have a really weird definition of whining.

Your plan would do exactly that. There are many people who are close to having to get assistance. Making them pay 10% in taxes will push them into needing to get assistance. Those getting assistance will now need to get more. It's really very simple, why can't you grasp it?

No taxes?

No taxes no government.

We've only had federal income tax since like 1913. We must have been doing something before that. Did we have no government before that? And as you have been stating some people don't pay it now right?

Your plan would do exactly that. There are many people who are close to having to get assistance. Making them pay 10% in taxes will push them into needing to get assistance. Those getting assistance will now need to get more. It's really very simple, why can't you grasp it?

Good luck getting rid of the income tax.

I suppose you'll ride your unicorn up capital hill when that happens right?

And I was a financial adviser for years and I never met anyone who couldn't find room in their budget.

The lowest tax rate is already 10% people are getting more than that taken out of their pay every week for income taxes.

People live on net pay not gross they wouldn't even feel 10 cents on the dollar.

In fact most people would have more money not less at the end of the week than they do now and what does more money in the hands of a consumer populace equal?

No taxes?

No taxes no government.

And I was a financial adviser for years and I never met anyone who couldn't find room in their budget.

The lowest tax rate is already 10% people are getting more than that taken out of their pay every week for income taxes.

People live on net pay not gross they wouldn't even feel 10 cents on the dollar.

In fact most people would have more money not less at the end of the week than they do now and what does more money in the hands of a consumer populace equal?

Well it is unlikely to happen.

It's pretty obvious why your no longer a financial adviser. :)

Yeah I made enough money to start another more lucrative business.

Besides I got sick of listening to people whine that they had no money when I would show them that they did

Like you most sheep want something for nothing.

Besides I got sick of listening to people whine that they had no money when I would show them that they did

Everybody wants something for nothing. Look at how much corporate welfare we have in this country.

Everybody wants something for nothing. Look at how much corporate welfare we have in this country.

Eliminate that too.. now, what'cha got???

what corporate welfare?
got an example?

what corporate welfare?
got an example?

Sure. Subsidies like those for oil and farms. Tax avoidance like the famous GE paying zero taxes.

what corporate welfare?
got an example?

Sure. Subsidies like those for oil and farms. Tax avoidance like the famous GE paying zero taxes.

But you have to remember that tax reduction is not a subsidy....

And lest we forget what entity makes the most money off a barrel of oil or a gallon of gas

So you're all for raising taxes on GE?

I thought you didn't want to raise taxes on anyone.

Make up your mind.

GE is not a person. Why give tax breaks to enormously profitable companies? Do their competitors pay so little?

So you do want to raise taxes?

You can't have it both ways.

IMO Corps should be taxed the same as people and people should be taxed at 10% of income.

So you're all for raising taxes on GE?

I thought you didn't want to raise taxes on anyone.

Make up your mind.

GE is not a person. Why give tax breaks to enormously profitable companies? Do their competitors pay so little?

So you do want to raise taxes?

You can't have it both ways.

IMO Corps should be taxed the same as people and people should be taxed at 10% of income.

I never said I wouldn't raise taxes on corps. I wouldn't raise the rate,but I would eliminate deductions. Until they stop moving jobs away and start taking care of employees til death like they used to. Then they can get tax reductions or pay none at all. As long as they don't do those things the government has to. And hence we must tax sadly.

But you have to remember that tax reduction is not a subsidy....

And lest we forget what entity makes the most money off a barrel of oil or a gallon of gas

But It is corporate welfare.

No.. welfare would be handing someone something.. not letting someone keep more of what they earn... taking less is not giving

While I am a proponent of the flat tax in both private and corporate income taxation.. you are WAYYY wrong on this

what corporate welfare?
got an example?

?
got a link?
there is a huge difference in a tax break for an event or action thaqt allows such a break
As far as the farm deal goes what does that have to do with Apple?
I am stating I agree with any of this
but to start with corporations pay no income tax, there not a person
people pay taxes, not corporations to start with no matter if it is capital gains or what ever

Forum List

Back