What the fuck is wrong with the Left?

Excuse me? did you just allege the Left of intolerance toward everyone?

Please refute the charge that the Right is intolerant. Some of my Black and Latino and Gay and Female friends would like to understand the position of tolerance displayed by the right.

Can you explain why the resistance to every societal change which has brought about greater liberties and freedoms to all mankind has been from the political right wing? Unless you maintain that it was lousy Liberals like George Wallace and Strom Thurmond and Phyllis Schlaffly and Lester Maddox. those folks surely must have been cut from the same bolt of political cloth as Abbie Hoffman and Jerry Rubin and Robert Kennedy!

Go ahead. You said you were going to prove something about tolerance. I can hardly wait.

You can't read, can you? I clearly pointed out that they do not tolerate people who have different opinions, not everyone.

My girlfriend is a conservative. You lose.

Of course she is, all the progressive women are ugly.

I came here intending to rant about an idiot that thinks it is perfectly justifiable to treat one person differently than another just because she disagrees with them on political philosophy, and I stumbled across something that is so stupid it defies common decency.

A college student now faces expulsion because school administrators say that she is 'intimidating' her alleged rapist by publicly discussing the sexual assault.
The victim, a female sophomore at the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill, went through the school-sanctioned order of filing a complaint against her fellow student and ex-boyfriend raped her.
Rather than remain anonymous about her sexual assault, she has publicly released her name- Landen Gambill- spoken in many news interviews, and even talked about her own experiences in front of a variety of media representatives at a public rally pushing for the school to increase their support for victims.

Landen Gambill may be expelled from school because she 'INTIMIDATED her rapist' by speaking out about the assault | Mail Online

I dare any asshole to ever tell me again about the right wing war on woman.

Fuck every fucking one of you.

This also has similarities to how bullies keep getting away with everything and the innocent people are punished.

I don't believe that this is because someone is liberal, but because the faculty just made the wrong decisions.

She had every right to tell others and to prosecute him. It's not slander OR bullying if it's the truth.

I'm just curious. Since you believe there shouldn't be any government, how exactly would rapes, rape victims, and rapists be dealt with in your envisioned 'no government' world?

Grow up.

You won't deny having once said this, will you?

"Let me see if I can boil it down for you, the ends do not justify the means. Government, as a means, is always about force. If you have to use force to accomplish your goals they are, more than likely, wrong."

Now, try again to respond to my question above, in the context of your belief that government is likely to be wrong if it uses force.

Tell us how a force-free government deals with rape, rape victims, and rapists.

Still cannot read, can you?

Just so you know you look like a complete F*cking idiot with your outrage and stating that this is a liberal/conservative issue.

I came here intending to rant about an idiot that thinks it is perfectly justifiable to treat one person differently than another just because she disagrees with them on political philosophy, and I stumbled across something that is so stupid it defies common decency.

A college student now faces expulsion because school administrators say that she is 'intimidating' her alleged rapist by publicly discussing the sexual assault.
The victim, a female sophomore at the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill, went through the school-sanctioned order of filing a complaint against her fellow student and ex-boyfriend raped her.
Rather than remain anonymous about her sexual assault, she has publicly released her name- Landen Gambill- spoken in many news interviews, and even talked about her own experiences in front of a variety of media representatives at a public rally pushing for the school to increase their support for victims.
Landen Gambill may be expelled from school because she 'INTIMIDATED her rapist' by speaking out about the assault | Mail Online

I just reread my post to make sure I didn't accidently type the word liberal or conservative when I made it. Since I didn't, I am left wondering what it is you read.

"Let me see if I can boil it down for you, the ends do not justify the means. Government, as a means, is always about force. If you have to use force to accomplish your goals they are, more than likely, wrong."

Now, try again to respond to my question above, in the context of your belief that government is likely to be wrong if it uses force.

I repeated your 'likely' in my post.

Now try the question again. Stop flailing.

Government is all about force and likely to be wrong. You don't want any government. Do you want more of your own quotes?

Just so you know you look like a complete F*cking idiot with your outrage and stating that this is a liberal/conservative issue.

I just reread my post to make sure I didn't accidently type the word liberal or conservative when I made it. Since I didn't, I am left wondering what it is you read.

You established this as a left/right issue, in your mind, when you composed the thread title.

Government is all about force and likely to be wrong. You don't want any government. Do you want more of your own quotes?

I want government to be less likely to be wrong. The way it works now you can go to prison and lose your right to vote simply because you did something special for your girlfriend.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/law-and-justice-system/280805-stupid-laws-ruin-lives.html#post6882841

You established this as a left/right issue, in your mind, when you composed the thread title.

Your mind reading works just as well as usual. I established it as an issue of the Left being wrong. Unless you are one of the idiots that think PC trumps free speech this thread is not about you, and you have no reason to step in and try to argue I was talking about something else.

Your mind reading works just as well as usual. I established it as an issue of the Left being wrong. Unless you are one of the idiots that think PC trumps free speech this thread is not about you, and you have no reason to step in and try to argue I was talking about something else.

Liberal PC comes down on the side of the rape victim, or alleged rape victim, more often than not.

UNC's honor code and rules were put in place decades ago.

When you enroll in the school you are agreeing that certain types of speech will be under the eye of the honor code, and subject to its authority.

I want government to be less likely to be wrong. The way it works now you can go to prison and lose your right to vote simply because you did something special for your girlfriend.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/law-and-justice-system/280805-stupid-laws-ruin-lives.html#post6882841

"Government, as a means, is always about force. If you have to use force to accomplish your goals they are, more than likely, wrong."

THAT is what you said. Note the word 'always', since you like to note the words.

Liberal PC comes down on the side of the rape victim, or alleged rape victim, more often than not.

When you enroll in the school you are agreeing that certain types of speech will be under the eye of the honor code, and subject to its authority.

Are you saying this thread is about you?

By the way, the honor code says "All students must refrain from lying, cheating, and stealing as well as from engaging in conduct that significantly impairs the welfare or educational opportunities of others in the university community. This includes refraining from all forms of academic dishonesty, including plagiarism. Your full participation and observance of the Honor Code is expected at all times."

Nothing in there about not talking about something that happened if it is true.

Last edited:

"Government, as a means, is always about force. If you have to use force to accomplish your goals they are, more than likely, wrong."

THAT is what you said. Note the word 'always', since you like to note the words.

Government, as a means.

Think about that, if you learn how to think.

By the way, the honor code says "All students must refrain from lying, cheating, and stealing as well as from engaging in conduct that significantly impairs the welfare or educational opportunities of others in the university community. This includes refraining from all forms of academic dishonesty, including plagiarism. Your full participation and observance of the Honor Code is expected at all times."

Did you not read, or ignore, this?

>> The bare facts are as follows, University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill student Landen Gambill made an allegation of rape against a fellow student. She did not report this alleged rape to the police, but to the University authorities in accordance with the correct procedure. Herein lies the real problem, to which we will return in due course.

Gambill's allegation was investigated by an internal court, which found her claims to be without merit. Claims being the word rather than claim. Aggrieved, Gambill decided to go public, although she did not name the fellow student she had accused. Her spilling the beans to the wider world has contravened a code put in place to ensure the institution's dirty laundry is not washed in public, as a result of which she has been threatened with expulsion. <<

-- that's from the link back in 105.

The question you should be asking me is if I think that is relevant.

I was specifically responding to a post about the honor code, not the process put in place to hide dirty laundry.

Once again, you have failed to read what you're pretending you know something about, and,

you're attempting to establish as fact that which has not been established as fact.

Government, as a means.

Government is the means by which we establish a set of laws, and the means by which we enforce them.

'enforce'...by force...get it??

According to you most law enforcement gets it wrong. Do you really believe that most people who, for example, get a traffic ticket, were innocent? 'More than likely' to be innocent?

Once again, you have failed to read what you're pretending you know something about, and,

you're attempting to establish as fact that which has not been established as fact.

If I am wrong you should have no problem proving it.

Government, as a means.

Government is the means by which we establish a set of laws, and the means by which we enforce them.

'enforce'...by force...get it??

According to you most law enforcement gets it wrong. Do you really believe that most people who, for example, get a traffic ticket, were innocent? 'More than likely' to be innocent?

Government is not how we establish laws.

University of North Carolina?

The conservative fucks running the place want to shut the "slut" (as they see it) up.

You just proved the war on women is coming from the right.

Good job!!

What a fail!
UNC has been run by democrats, verifiable , since the 1930's.
Look it up!

If I am wrong you should have no problem proving it.

I don't have to. The burden of proof is on the accuser. I suppose that's another aspect of government you believe is wrong,

that forcing the prosecution to prove the accused guilty beyond reasonable doubt.

Forum List

Back