What The Hell Does A Normal American Need An Army Assault Weapon For.....Target Practice?

This idea of the NRA governing the types of weapons available in gun shops is rank bull shit! Why is it that we're the only industrialized nation in the world which feels the necessity of a ordinary citizen to go armed with a killing machine?

They should not be able to. Look at the carnage at Orlando, nobody should be able to own one.
Why not? Please explain. Thanks.

I was in the Army and what you are calling an "Army Assault Weapon" is not.

Whose post are you referencing?
Obvious as I referenced the OP's headline for the post. But I would gladly add you if you think a semi-automatic with "scary plastic pieces" is an "assault rifle".

Still arguing definitions? He killed 50 and injured 50. What the gun is called really doesn't matter.
The only difference between these rifles you lefties like to call "Assault Weapons" and their hunting rifle counter parts is cosmetics. You Liberals are trying to convince everyone that extra plastic on a firearm makes them more dangerous. Its disingenuous and ignorant.

Then he may have been caught before anyone was killed like this guy.

FBI thwarts mass shooting at Milwaukee Masonic center

Maybe might have possible someday

meaningless rationalization as far more crimes go undetected than are actually thwarted

I prefer a chance to stop him than none. Sure beats letting him legally buy the damn thing and kill 50 people.

Then we might as well allow random home searches after all that's a chance to stop crimes right?

That seems like a big jump. You are against stopping terrorists before they kill people?

I don't know how you can. How do you know someone is planning a terrorist attack? How do you find out with no probable cause and no ability to legally obtain warrants?

Nothing you will ever do will stop a person who is determined to commit any crime

This idea of the NRA governing the types of weapons available in gun shops is rank bull shit! Why is it that we're the only industrialized nation in the world which feels the necessity of a ordinary citizen to go armed with a killing machine?

They should not be able to. Look at the carnage at Orlando, nobody should be able to own one.

If I said no one should be able to have an abortion because it takes a life every time, would you be one of those that says what a woman does with her body is her choice? If so, apply that same principle to this situation.

The gun experts have been telling us these rifles aren't military and not that dangerous. Now one shooter killed 50 and injured 50 in minutes. Seems the experts don't know shit or blatantly lie. Oh and an armed defender was there, more pro gun BS.
Could have done the same with a few hand guns. A little practice and you can change out clips faster than it takes t describe the process.

Yet the gun nuts fight a mag limit. If you can reload so fast I assume you have no problem with a limit then? Sorry but people fail reloads all the time too.

The point is it really doesn't matter. Why is it you like these feel good bans that will do nothing to stop people hell bent on murder?

FYI no law has ever stopped anyone from committing a crime if they really wanted to

If it doesn't matter then you are fine with a mag limit I assume.

I'd argue against it as I think any law abiding person should have every possible advantage when it comes to protecting his family and himself

Obvious as I referenced the OP's headline for the post. But I would gladly add you if you think a semi-automatic with "scary plastic pieces" is an "assault rifle".

Still arguing definitions? He killed 50 and injured 50. What the gun is called really doesn't matter.
The only difference between these rifles you lefties like to call "Assault Weapons" and their hunting rifle counter parts is cosmetics. You Liberals are trying to convince everyone that extra plastic on a firearm makes them more dangerous. Its disingenuous and ignorant.

50 dead and 50 injured. Hi capacity magazines are the difference. Stop the BS.

That seems like a big jump. You are against stopping terrorists before they kill people?

They are not terrorists until they kill dumbass. You can arrest them for other illegal things they already did, but that is about it.

The one in Milwaukee was stopped.

If it was before he shot someone, he was not a terrorist yet.

He was planning to shoot many.

...and he was charged with what crime?

Maybe might have possible someday

meaningless rationalization as far more crimes go undetected than are actually thwarted

I prefer a chance to stop him than none. Sure beats letting him legally buy the damn thing and kill 50 people.

Then we might as well allow random home searches after all that's a chance to stop crimes right?

I don't know how you can. How do you know someone is planning a terrorist attack? How do you find out with no probable cause and no ability to legally obtain warrants?

Nothing you will ever do will stop a person who is determined to commit any crime

How? They had an informant on the inside most likely. THAT is the exception not the rule unless of course you want the FBI to have a dedicated surveillance team for every citizen

The gun experts have been telling us these rifles aren't military and not that dangerous. Now one shooter killed 50 and injured 50 in minutes. Seems the experts don't know shit or blatantly lie. Oh and an armed defender was there, more pro gun BS.
Could have done the same with a few hand guns. A little practice and you can change out clips faster than it takes t describe the process.

Yet the gun nuts fight a mag limit. If you can reload so fast I assume you have no problem with a limit then? Sorry but people fail reloads all the time too.

The point is it really doesn't matter. Why is it you like these feel good bans that will do nothing to stop people hell bent on murder?

FYI no law has ever stopped anyone from committing a crime if they really wanted to

I'd argue against it as I think any law abiding person should have every possible advantage when it comes to protecting his family and himself

So now it goes from it doesn't matter to a possible advantage. You don't believe your own BS.

There is no except for in the 2nd amendment.

How? They had an informant on the inside most likely. THAT is the exception not the rule unless of course you want the FBI to have a dedicated surveillance team for every citizen
He had to buy guns illegally.

The real question is why shouldn't a lawful american citizen be able to own a semi automatic rifle, which is the proper name for an "Assault weapon".

You read the article about the family of the AR 15 designer who said that their father (designer/builder of AR 15s) had zero intention of it being a weapon for civilians.

How about that?

Did you hit the link in the same article that said he was taken out of context and he doesnt have a problem with civilians owning the AR?

So now it goes from it doesn't matter to a possible advantage. You don't believe your own BS.

More firepower is always an advantage for the law abiding person.

You can't seem to differentiate between law abiding people and criminals

Actually a typical hunting rifle is far more accurate than any semi auto or full auto assault rifle

'Gun' enthusiasts know that an AR 15 is the same as an M 16, but they cannot in practicality buy and M 16; the AR 15 is a cheap thrill.

There is no except for in the 2nd amendment.

The 2nd doesnt say you can own all arms either. A club is an arm.

and again no full auto may be purchased in the USA except to law enforcement

That is 100% inaccurate. You have no idea what you're talking about. None. I personally have a friend who bought a fully automatic Uzi with a silencer. 100% legal. I have fired it. I also have an acquaintance who owns a vintage full automatic Tommy Gun (.45 ACP). And though I haven't fired his, I have fired the Tommy Gun.

Both silencers and fully automatic weapons are legal in the U.S. The deal is that only fully automatics that were grandfathered in before the ban of modern automatics.

He had to buy guns illegally.

Yeah and how did they know he was going to buy those guns? An informant on the inside?

the real question is

why are libtards so ignorant about firearms

Because they were raised to be afraid of them. As a result, they've grown into adults never seeing one, never touching one, never learning the first thing about them. For all their claims to be enlightened and educated, liberals don't hesitate to engage in ignorance fueled fear when it suits them.

i would have to agree with that

Forum List

Back