What The Hell Does A Normal American Need An Army Assault Weapon For.....Target Practice?

This idea of the NRA governing the types of weapons available in gun shops is rank bull shit! Why is it that we're the only industrialized nation in the world which feels the necessity of a ordinary citizen to go armed with a military style killing machine?

We aren't.

This idea of the NRA governing the types of weapons available in gun shops is rank bull shit! Why is it that we're the only industrialized nation in the world which feels the necessity of a ordinary citizen to go armed with a military style killing machine?
You don't even know the meaning of "military style killing machine" is.

Obvious as I referenced the OP's headline for the post. But I would gladly add you if you think a semi-automatic with "scary plastic pieces" is an "assault rifle".

Still arguing definitions? He killed 50 and injured 50. What the gun is called really doesn't matter.
The only difference between these rifles you lefties like to call "Assault Weapons" and their hunting rifle counter parts is cosmetics. You Liberals are trying to convince everyone that extra plastic on a firearm makes them more dangerous. Its disingenuous and ignorant.

50 dead and 50 injured. Hi capacity magazines are the difference. Stop the BS.

No bullshit on my part. You can not deny what I stated. The only thing you Liberals want to ban is extra plastic. It would be hilarious if this whole issue wasn't about infringing on the right of law abiding citizens.

I've been pretty clear I want the mag limit back. That forces the murderer to reload often. That is not just plastic.

So you want to ban sheet metal and plastic boxes with springs inside....

Would that include jack in the boxes?

It is estimated 20 million assault style guns are in American citizen hands. Fourteen of them have been used in mass murders. Care to guess how many people have died from automobiles on a percentage basis? Sheer numbers?

The 2015 Oklahoma State University homecoming parade crash was a vehicle collision that occurred on October 24, 2015, in Stillwater, Oklahoma, when a driver drove into a crowd watching the homecoming parade for Oklahoma State University–Stillwater on the university's campus.[2] Four people were killed in the crash, and 46 others were reported injured.

Omeed Aziz Popal, a native of Afghanistan, struck 18 pedestrians and killing one in the San Francisco Bay Area with his black Honda Pilot SUV on August 30, 2006, when he was 29 years old.

On the afternoon of July 16, 2003, George Weller, then age 86, drove his 1992 Buick LeSabre westbound down Arizona Avenue in Santa Monica, California toward the city's popular Third Street Promenade. The last few blocks of the street, before it ends at the ocean, had been closed to vehicle traffic for the biweekly farmers' market.

Weller's car struck a 2003 Mercedes-Benz S430 sedan that had stopped to allow pedestrians through a crosswalk, then accelerated around a road closure sign, crashed through wooden sawhorses, and plowed through the busy marketplace crowd, traveling nearly 1,000 feet (300 m) at speeds between 40 and 60 mph (60 and 100 km/h). The entire sequence of collisions took at least 10 seconds.

By the time the car came to a halt, ten people had been killed and 63 were injured
Ban assault vehicles for people on the no-fly list

Last edited:
As I have said before there is no except for in the Constitution. The government has no right to place limits on the firearms I can own that includes mag sizes. ,,,,, 3,2,1 Nuclear Bombs that's what you were going to say next. right ?
And the truth is - we absolutely have a right to own a nuclear bomb. But it's a non-issue for scared little liberals. First of all - what company in the U.S. sells nuclear bombs? Second, that leaves importing them from the black market as the only option. And the U.S. government is authorized to control the importation of radioactive (and other) toxic substances. Third, a nuclear bomb is going to cost a minimum of $10 million on the black market. Which means only the ultra elite is going to be able to afford one (nobody with $10 million is going to spend everything they have and go homeless just to own a nuclear bomb). I'm fairly certain all of them (Bill Gates, Warren Buffett, etc.) aren't interested in nuclear arms. Fourth, a nuclear bomb requires multiple launch codes as a security precaution. Even the president cannot launch a nuclear weapon himself. So a person purchasing one would need to multiple people to agree with them to launch.

It's the type of immature nonsensical "argument" that could only come from a liberal.

The Sig Sauer MCX .223-caliber rifle's magazine capacity is 30 rounds. The weapon is a semi-automatic rifle, which means each shot requires a separate pull of the trigger. The Sig Sauer MCX rifle takes an AR-15 style magazine and ammunition.

and again no full auto may be purchased in the USA except to law enforcement
Wrong. Class 3 license for transferable weaponry.
For law enforcement only. That said, has one of these weapons ever been used in a mass murder?

NOPE.

So keep dreaming

You can own automatic weapons if you want to deal with all the red tape an licensing.
No different than getting licensed to own a suppressor.

You don't even know the meaning of "military style killing machine" is.

In swizerland everyone has an AR in his closet. Some believe they have even more guns than the USA.

I am waiting for the day when I get carded for buying nails at the hardware store.

The real question is why shouldn't a lawful american citizen be able to own a semi automatic rifle, which is the proper name for an "Assault weapon".

You read the article about the family of the AR 15 designer who said that their father (designer/builder of AR 15s) had zero intention of it being a weapon for civilians.

How about that?
How about it
This idea of the NRA governing the types of weapons available in gun shops is rank bull shit! Why is it that we're the only industrialized nation in the world which feels the necessity of a ordinary citizen to go armed with a military style killing machine?[/QUOT
why are libtards so ignorant about firearms

You think it "ignorant about firearms" to not want crazed young men to be able to buy weapons that were originally intended for military use.

Wanting those men to arm themselves like that is ignorant.

I think your ignorance is believing young men need an AR15. That is major league ignorant.
An AR 15 is no more,or less potential to be deadly than a pump shot gun,or any other gun .
Style over substance is generally reserved for picking candidates,not scary looking guns,that are no more than hammers untill a person picks it up.
There is little logic and reason in the gun law fanatics tool box.

It is estimated 20 million assault style guns are in American citizen hands. Fourteen of them have been used in mass murders. Care to guess how many people have died from automobiles on a percentage basis? Sheer numbers?

The 2015 Oklahoma State University homecoming parade crash was a vehicle collision that occurred on October 24, 2015, in Stillwater, Oklahoma, when a driver drove into a crowd watching the homecoming parade for Oklahoma State University–Stillwater on the university's campus.[2] Four people were killed in the crash, and 46 others were reported injured.

Omeed Aziz Popal, a native of Afghanistan, struck 18 pedestrians and killing one in the San Francisco Bay Area with his black Honda Pilot SUV on August 30, 2006, when he was 29 years old.

On the afternoon of July 16, 2003, George Weller, then age 86, drove his 1992 Buick LeSabre westbound down Arizona Avenue in Santa Monica, California toward the city's popular Third Street Promenade. The last few blocks of the street, before it ends at the ocean, had been closed to vehicle traffic for the biweekly farmers' market.

Weller's car struck a 2003 Mercedes-Benz S430 sedan that had stopped to allow pedestrians through a crosswalk, then accelerated around a road closure sign, crashed through wooden sawhorses, and plowed through the busy marketplace crowd, traveling nearly 1,000 feet (300 m) at speeds between 40 and 60 mph (60 and 100 km/h). The entire sequence of collisions took at least 10 seconds.

By the time the car came to a halt, ten people had been killed and 63 were injured

Brian thought this was funny. Just saying.

Still arguing definitions? He killed 50 and injured 50. What the gun is called really doesn't matter.
The only difference between these rifles you lefties like to call "Assault Weapons" and their hunting rifle counter parts is cosmetics. You Liberals are trying to convince everyone that extra plastic on a firearm makes them more dangerous. Its disingenuous and ignorant.

50 dead and 50 injured. Hi capacity magazines are the difference. Stop the BS.

No bullshit on my part. You can not deny what I stated. The only thing you Liberals want to ban is extra plastic. It would be hilarious if this whole issue wasn't about infringing on the right of law abiding citizens.

I've been pretty clear I want the mag limit back. That forces the murderer to reload often. That is not just plastic.
What good is forcing him to reload more often if there is no one among the population of victims with a weapon who could take that opportunity to fire back?
There was a cop in Orlando having a shootout with him. I'm sure that cop would have wanted him to reload often.

Forum List

Back