What The Hell Does A Normal American Need An Army Assault Weapon For.....Target Practice?

Law enforcement across the nation have the exact same rifles to defend themselves from the exact same murderous thugs. Why shouldn't I be equally as well protected? Law enforcement isn't going to magically appear and defend me I'll have to defend myself. So in other words gun control idiots STFU

and again no full auto may be purchased in the USA except to law enforcement

That is 100% inaccurate. You have no idea what you're talking about. None. I personally have a friend who bought a fully automatic Uzi with a silencer. 100% legal. I have fired it. I also have an acquaintance who owns a vintage full automatic Tommy Gun (.45 ACP). And though I haven't fired his, I have fired the Tommy Gun.

Both silencers and fully automatic weapons are legal in the U.S. The deal is that only fully automatics that were grandfathered in before the ban of modern automatics.

silencers are completely legal out here

The gun experts have been telling us these rifles aren't military and not that dangerous. Now one shooter killed 50 and injured 50 in minutes. Seems the experts don't know shit or blatantly lie. Oh and an armed defender was there, more pro gun BS.
Could have done the same with a few hand guns. A little practice and you can change out clips faster than it takes t describe the process.

Yet the gun nuts fight a mag limit. If you can reload so fast I assume you have no problem with a limit then? Sorry but people fail reloads all the time too.
There is no except for in the 2nd amendment.

The 2nd doesnt say you can own all arms either. A club is an arm.

An arm is an arm as well and as we all know human limbs kill more people every year than all rifles combined

I was in the Army and what you are calling an "Army Assault Weapon" is not.

Whose post are you referencing?
Obvious as I referenced the OP's headline for the post. But I would gladly add you if you think a semi-automatic with "scary plastic pieces" is an "assault rifle".

Still arguing definitions? He killed 50 and injured 50. What the gun is called really doesn't matter.
The only difference between these rifles you lefties like to call "Assault Weapons" and their hunting rifle counter parts is cosmetics. You Liberals are trying to convince everyone that extra plastic on a firearm makes them more dangerous. Its disingenuous and ignorant.

50 dead and 50 injured. Hi capacity magazines are the difference. Stop the BS.

No bullshit on my part. You can not deny what I stated. The only thing you Liberals want to ban is extra plastic. It would be hilarious if this whole issue wasn't about infringing on the right of law abiding citizens.

Obvious as I referenced the OP's headline for the post. But I would gladly add you if you think a semi-automatic with "scary plastic pieces" is an "assault rifle".

Still arguing definitions? He killed 50 and injured 50. What the gun is called really doesn't matter.
The only difference between these rifles you lefties like to call "Assault Weapons" and their hunting rifle counter parts is cosmetics. You Liberals are trying to convince everyone that extra plastic on a firearm makes them more dangerous. Its disingenuous and ignorant.

No bullshit on my part. You can not deny what I stated. The only thing you Liberals want to ban is extra plastic. It would be hilarious if this whole issue wasn't about infringing on the right of law abiding citizens.

I've been pretty clear I want the mag limit back. That forces the murderer to reload often. That is not just plastic.

and again no full auto may be purchased in the USA except to law enforcement

That is 100% inaccurate. You have no idea what you're talking about. None. I personally have a friend who bought a fully automatic Uzi with a silencer. 100% legal. I have fired it. I also have an acquaintance who owns a vintage full automatic Tommy Gun (.45 ACP). And though I haven't fired his, I have fired the Tommy Gun.

Both silencers and fully automatic weapons are legal in the U.S. The deal is that only fully automatics that were grandfathered in before the ban of modern automatics.

silencers are completely legal out here
Yep. They are everywhere. I can't stand people who have no idea what they are talking about and spread misinformation.

That seems like a big jump. You are against stopping terrorists before they kill people?

I don't know how you can. How do you know someone is planning a terrorist attack? How do you find out with no probable cause and no ability to legally obtain warrants?

Nothing you will ever do will stop a person who is determined to commit any crime

FBI thwarts mass shooting at Milwaukee Masonic center

How? They had an informant on the inside most likely. THAT is the exception not the rule unless of course you want the FBI to have a dedicated surveillance team for every citizen
He had to buy guns illegally.

Yeah and how did they know he was going to buy those guns? An informant on the inside?

They catch people trying to buy guns illegally all the time.

I was in the Army and what you are calling an "Army Assault Weapon" is not.

Actually a typical hunting rifle is far more accurate than any semi auto or full auto assault rifle
You are correct but adding that doesn't to matter to the gun grabbers.

It is estimated 20 million assault style guns are in American citizen hands. Fourteen of them have been used in mass murders. Care to guess how many people have died from automobiles on a percentage basis? Sheer numbers?

The 2015 Oklahoma State University homecoming parade crash was a vehicle collision that occurred on October 24, 2015, in Stillwater, Oklahoma, when a driver drove into a crowd watching the homecoming parade for Oklahoma State University–Stillwater on the university's campus.[2] Four people were killed in the crash, and 46 others were reported injured.

Omeed Aziz Popal, a native of Afghanistan, struck 18 pedestrians and killing one in the San Francisco Bay Area with his black Honda Pilot SUV on August 30, 2006, when he was 29 years old.

On the afternoon of July 16, 2003, George Weller, then age 86, drove his 1992 Buick LeSabre westbound down Arizona Avenue in Santa Monica, California toward the city's popular Third Street Promenade. The last few blocks of the street, before it ends at the ocean, had been closed to vehicle traffic for the biweekly farmers' market.

Weller's car struck a 2003 Mercedes-Benz S430 sedan that had stopped to allow pedestrians through a crosswalk, then accelerated around a road closure sign, crashed through wooden sawhorses, and plowed through the busy marketplace crowd, traveling nearly 1,000 feet (300 m) at speeds between 40 and 60 mph (60 and 100 km/h). The entire sequence of collisions took at least 10 seconds.

By the time the car came to a halt, ten people had been killed and 63 were injured

I've been pretty clear I want the mag limit back. That forces the murderer to reload often. That is not just plastic.

Why does anyone have the right to limit my choices? If you want a mag limit - impose it on yourself.

How often does it have to be reiterated?

What type of guns a person owns is not about need. Very little in life is, and freedom lets you decide for yourself what you want to do, the responsibilities you assume, and the risks you take.

This idea of the NRA governing the types of weapons available in gun shops is rank bull shit! Why is it that we're the only industrialized nation in the world which feels the necessity of a ordinary citizen to go armed with a killing machine?
No normal American owns a military assault rifle legally.

No normal American owns a military assault rifle legally.

If someone has the money, goes thru the red tape, and follows the requirements necessary to house it, they can get one
Wrong, sure someone with enough money can buy one, but it would not be legal.

As long as you get the proper license you can own em legally.

What good is forcing him to reload more often if there is no one among the population of victims with a weapon who could take that opportunity to fire back?

As I have said before there is no except for in the Constitution. The government has no right to place limits on the firearms I can own that includes mag sizes. ,,,,, 3,2,1 Nuclear Bombs that's what you were going to say next. right ?

No rifle any civilian can buy is a military grade weapon

Who in the fuck designated YOU the authority on guns? LMAO.

You probably don't know that the designer of the AR, designed it for the military. And had no intention of it be coming a civilian weapon. According to the designers family.

When the patents expired, the game was on as several gun manufacturers used those patents to build the variety of AR 15s that are out there today.

Now any fucking crazy person can buy a weapon very well suited to kill lots of people. Which was its intent in the first place. Though it was supposed to kill our enemies. Not our fellow citizens.

Another one who missed the link in said article that said he was taken out of context and he had no problem with civilians owning an AR.

The Supreme Court alone determines what the Second Amendment means, what restrictions are lawful, and which are not.

And any law or measure not yet subject to review is assumed to be Constitutional, including laws and regulations concerning firearms.

Forum List

Back