What The Supreme Court Should Decide.Make Obama-Care Optional.End The Mandate Already.

Rexx Taylor

Platinum Member
Jan 6, 2015
Sarasota, Florida
:afro: This is the only fair conclusion as we come close to the decision of what to do about subsidies. Let the states who don't want anything to do with Obama-Care proceed with Republican plan to allow anyone to buy policies within or over state lines. Pretty much just bring back the health-care system we had before the democrats screwed it up big time!!
What is the problem of just making Obama-Care Optional? :dunno:

The SCOTUS is not suppose to make law. To do as you ask they would need to send it back to Congress, at least in my opinion.

:afro: This is the only fair conclusion as we come close to the decision of what to do about subsidies. Let the states who don't want anything to do with Obama-Care proceed with Republican plan to allow anyone to buy policies within or over state lines. Pretty much just bring back the health-care system we had before the democrats screwed it up big time!!

The individual mandate isn't being debated at all in the Supreme Court, that was back in 2012 and it was already ruled constitutional.

The system we had before was a complete mess, especially for people who couldn't get access to coverage due to pre-existing conditions. The reason for the individual mandate (A right wing Heritage Foundation idea...) is to avoid a death spiral of just having sick, disabled people buying insurance and driving insurance companies bankrupt since they can't turn them down anymore. It's also a tax against people who gamble their health and then just rely on ER care to fix any problems, costing taxpayers money anyway.

The SCOTUS is not suppose to make law. To do as you ask they would need to send it back to Congress, at least in my opinion.
but they did make the mandate a tax, i wish they had demanded that the congress decide that.

When they made the mandate a tax they were only defining terms, in this case they would be changing a fundamental of the law, that, in my opinion, would invalidate Obamacare. That, in my opinion, is what should happen, what will I think will be quite different.

The individual mandate isn't being debated at all in the Supreme Court, that was back in 2012 and it was already ruled constitutional.

The system we had before was a complete mess, especially for people who couldn't get access to coverage due to pre-existing conditions. The reason for the individual mandate (A right wing Heritage Foundation idea...) is to avoid a death spiral of just having sick, disabled people buying insurance and driving insurance companies bankrupt since they can't turn them down anymore. It's also a tax against people who gamble their health and then just rely on ER care to fix any problems, costing taxpayers money anyway.

No it wasn't a mess, that's a lie. People with pre-existing conditions were not able to sponge off the rest of us this is true.

lmao. You certainly are funny. A misguided retard but with a sense of humor so at least entertaining.

Me thinks the threat of losing all of a person's life saving in the case of an accident or sickness is enough of a mandate to buy insurance, just like all other insurances. What I think should have been done is as much as possible for cost containment. And not doing it so most people are on medicaid or medicare and the government dictates prices. That only drives the cost up for everyone else.

but they did make the mandate a tax, i wish they had demanded that the congress decide that.

When they made the mandate a tax they were only defining terms, in this case they would be changing a fundamental of the law, that, in my opinion, would invalidate Obamacare. That, in my opinion, is what should happen, what will I think will be quite different.
i just hope that after this is over, the soopremme court tell bambi to go (fill in the blank) and demands the entire bills gets re-voted again being it was passed via fraud!

i just hope that after this is over, the soopremme court tell bambi to go (fill in the blank) and demands the entire bills gets re-voted again being it was passed via fraud!

I hope when the dust settles we have a system we all can live with. Especially one that reduces cost.

Me thinks the threat of losing all of a person's life saving in the case of an accident or sickness is enough of a mandate to buy insurance, just like all other insurances. What I think should have been done is as much as possible for cost containment. And not doing it so most people are on medicaid or medicare and the government dictates prices. That only drives the cost up for everyone else.

It actually is debatable if the mandate is redundant if you make the insurance affordable, but it's understandable that the risk is there nonetheless.

how could they even have thought this bill would work when we had about 15 trillion in debt? this is like going on a 4 million dollar vacation with one thousand in your pocket and charging the rest.

It actually is debatable if the mandate is redundant if you make the insurance affordable, but it's understandable that the risk is there nonetheless.

My opinion, it is not debatable. I certainly would not leave an escape clause that allows someone to skate until they are sick then just buy in.

The system we had before was a complete mess, especially for people who couldn't get access to coverage due to pre-existing conditions. The reason for the individual mandate (A right wing Heritage Foundation idea...)

Why in the fuck did Democrats foist a right wing Heritage Foundation idea on us?

how could they even have thought this bill would work when we had about 15 trillion in debt? this is like going on a 4 million dollar vacation with one thousand in your pocket and charging the rest.

I think the idea was based on good intentions. Unfortunately for the country the thing was passed with only liberal support. As we all know the outcome of anything liberal is always the opposite of the stated intent and we are seeing that now.

I am all for everyone having access to healthcare.

I think most people should have a stake in the game.

I think making the health care we receive affordable is the ultimate goal. You know, like back in the olden days when you could afford to pay the hospital for delivering your baby. Now it would bankrupt a lot of people.

I hope when the dust settles we have a system we all can live with. Especially one that reduces cost.

I hope we aren't enslaved to the insurance corporations by law.

I think the idea was based on good intentions. Unfortunately for the country the thing was passed with only liberal support. As we all know the outcome of anything liberals is always the opposite of the stated intent and we are seeing that now.

I am all for everyone having access to healthcare.

I think most people should have a stake in the game.

I think making the health care we receive affordable is the ultimate goal. You know, like back in the olden days when you could afford to pay the hospital for delivering your baby. Now it would bankrupt a lot of people.
the idea would of worked if we had full employment! they passed the bill when we already had about 15/20 per-cent unemployed and small businesses shutting down at an alarming rate. so where would the money come from in the middle of the Obama-Recession?

Forum List

Back