🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What to expect when the House of Reps turns blue.....

Of course, what to expect AFTER the right wing morons on here have a fit......

But, with a House blue majority and the subpoena powers, expect that we will finally get to see the infamous Trump tax returns AND some really entertaining hearings with several Trump relatives and crooked cult members.......

I sure hope that "impeachment" is OFF the table; after all, why deny us the GOP wrecking ball that is our "beloved" Trump?
Actually, they won't be able to use subpoena powers to get trumps tax records. Trump not releasing his tax returns is his prerogative, and there is no criminal actions being taken against his tax status that would warrant the subpoena.

Now, if they find a legitimate criminal case in which his tax records are relevant, then yeah they could.

If they subpoena his tax records just because they want to look at them, and against trumps wishes, I would imagine there would be privacy act violations, and those responsible could find themselves in trouble.

I have wondered about that myself. Does anybody know for sure if this is true?
Doesn't the sun reveal what dark objects are when it comes up.

But, with a House blue majority and the subpoena powers, expect that we will finally get to see the infamous Trump tax returns AND some really entertaining hearings with several Trump relatives and crooked cult members.......

I sure hope that "impeachment" is OFF the table; after all, why deny us the GOP wrecking ball that is our "beloved" Trump?
Actually, they won't be able to use subpoena powers to get trumps tax records. Trump not releasing his tax returns is his prerogative, and there is no criminal actions being taken against his tax status that would warrant the subpoena.

Now, if they find a legitimate criminal case in which his tax records are relevant, then yeah they could.

If they subpoena his tax records just because they want to look at them, and against trumps wishes, I would imagine there would be privacy act violations, and those responsible could find themselves in trouble.

So what you're saying is you do not have a clue either, got it!

Allow me to quote myself.

I don’t know. It is possible that the Democrats will take the House. Unlikely that they will take the Senate. If they do take the House, expect them to lose the White House in 2020 as they run Hillary again.

If the Democrats do take the House, then the pressure is on, and they’ll screw it up. The rabid left supporters will expect them to Get Trump. The Republicans might be smart enough to propose popular legislation, and then the Democrats will be accused of putting political games ahead of the country.

Winning the House is not a godsend for the Democrats, it is a nightmare. They won’t have the power to do half of what they campaigned on, and the Senate won’t go along, and Trump will have his fondest dream. A political enemy in power to blast on social media 24/7. Right now, the enemies are out of power, or the media.

Whole lot of supposition there... most of it based on the belief people actually like Trump.

The only thing that keeps the GOP from joining the dems in impeaching the Orange Shitgibbon is the economy hasn't gone into the crapper yet.
Trump is vile, his opponents more so.
TDS claims another victim. Here honey, a little cure fer ya > :chillpill:

What I know is the left is playing dirty pool right now. They warp information to create a false scenario, and then make vapid claims of wrongful behavior where no law has been transgressed. Did you miss the Kavanaugh character assasination scam?

Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley has sent the case of a woman who admits inventing sexual abuse allegations to block Justice Brett Kavanaugh’s nomination to federal officials for criminal prosecution. Another False Kavanaugh Accuser Referred To Feds

What I know is the left is playing dirty pool right now. They warp information to create a false scenario, and then make vapid claims of wrongful behavior where no law has been transgressed. Did you miss the Kavanaugh character assasination scam?

Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley has sent the case of a woman who admits inventing sexual abuse allegations to block Justice Brett Kavanaugh’s nomination to federal officials for criminal prosecution. Another False Kavanaugh Accuser Referred To Feds

I never mentioned Bart, was simply asking about if they could actually subpoena Rumps taxes. It is obvious you have no idea either and now want to move to a whole different subject. Nice job, but that does not answer the question.

Yeah, you keep telling yourself that. Frankly, Trump has been involved in so many dodgy deals, it probably wouldn't be an issue to subpoena them at all. Trump University, his many bankruptcies, his dealings with the Russians and Saudis..
Again, they have to have a charge against him to subpoena the tax records, and the law that states they can subpoena them also states they can only do so as long as the nbn information doesn't identify any particular taxpayer (I know, it doesn't make sense, but it's in the law), and they can only do so in closed executive session which means any information gained is secret and confidential. This means they wouldn't be able to share that information with anyone.

Again, it makes me wonder if they would be able to do anything with the information if they did get access to it.

They can't subpoena his records just on a whim, or just because they want to probe to see if they can find wrongdoing. I dont know, but I'm assuming they would have to have some sort of evidence in order to get them.

How can Congress subpoena someone taxes???

There is a 1924 law that stipulates the Treasury Department “shall” turn over “any return or return information” requested by the chairs of the tax committees........
For transparency, here is the tax law referred to:

Upon written request from the chairman of the Committee on Ways and Means of the House of Representatives, the chairman of the Committee on Finance of the Senate, or the chairman of the Joint Committee on Taxation, the Secretary shall furnish such committee with any return or return information specified in such request, except that any return or return information which can be associated with, or otherwise identify, directly or indirectly, a particular taxpayer shall be furnished to such committee only when sitting in closed executive session unless such taxpayer otherwise consents in writing to such disclosure.

Notice the parts in bold. The secretary can furnish any information as long as it doesn't identify a particular taxpayer...which really doesn't make sense...but those are the words.

It also says this can only be done in closed executive session. Which means any information gained there are secret and confidential. Makes me wonder even if they did get the returns, would they be able to use then for anything since they wouldn't be able to disclose that information to anyone.

Two observations

First, remember Nixon's " I am not a crook" speech and what warranted it.

Second, NO elected official would be reluctant to make public his or her tax returns UNLESS that individual has a lot to hide.
True, but there could be legitamate business reasons for him not to release them, or it could be nefarious. At this point, nobody knows. There is suspicion, but that's all.
How can Congress subpoena someone taxes???

There is a 1924 law that stipulates the Treasury Department “shall” turn over “any return or return information” requested by the chairs of the tax committees........
For transparency, here is the tax law referred to:

Upon written request from the chairman of the Committee on Ways and Means of the House of Representatives, the chairman of the Committee on Finance of the Senate, or the chairman of the Joint Committee on Taxation, the Secretary shall furnish such committee with any return or return information specified in such request, except that any return or return information which can be associated with, or otherwise identify, directly or indirectly, a particular taxpayer shall be furnished to such committee only when sitting in closed executive session unless such taxpayer otherwise consents in writing to such disclosure.

Notice the parts in bold. The secretary can furnish any information as long as it doesn't identify a particular taxpayer...which really doesn't make sense...but those are the words.

It also says this can only be done in closed executive session. Which means any information gained there are secret and confidential. Makes me wonder even if they did get the returns, would they be able to use then for anything since they wouldn't be able to disclose that information to anyone.

Two observations

First, remember Nixon's " I am not a crook" speech and what warranted it.

Second, NO elected official would be reluctant to make public his or her tax returns UNLESS that individual has a lot to hide.
True, but there could be legitamate business reasons for him not to release them, or it could be nefarious. At this point, nobody knows. There is suspicion, but that's all.

Of course, the BEST method to eliminate suspicions would be what???......lol
Well, if there is a legitamate business reason, then he wouldn't release them. Again, we can never know.

Sure, we can speculate he is hiding something, but at the end of the day, that us all we can do. You say he could clear it up by releasing them, but there may be legitimate reasons why he doesnt.

rump has already had his tax returns thoroughly audited by the Ultraliberal Lois Lerner led IRS. I'm sure they are perfectly legal.

Should we have a news conference with Lois Lerner (with amnesty) declaring just how "legal" the orange clown's tax returns are????............LOL

Did you ever wonder WHERE Trump got the money to build golf courses when he had to declare so many bankruptcies and why NO US bank would lend him a dime???

If it does happen the left will lose what very little minds they have remaining when The Republican Senate Majority Leader lets bills the House passed sit on his desk collecting dust. The Dems did it when they controlled the Senate.

Did you ever wonder WHERE Trump got the money to build golf courses when he had to declare so many bankruptcies and why NO US bank would lend him a dime???

Not really, because only a small percentage of Mr. Trump's projects have gone bankrupt. I think either 4 or 6 have gone into bankruptcy, but that's out of hundreds of ventures over the years. And several of his bankruptcies were in Atlantic City which has been in hard times since Pennsylvania, Maryland, Ohio, West Virginia all have legal gambling nowadays.

I never mentioned Bart, was simply asking about if they could actually subpoena Rumps taxes. It is obvious you have no idea either and now want to move to a whole different subject. Nice job, but that does not answer the question.

Short answer, no they can't

rump has already had his tax returns thoroughly audited by the Ultraliberal Lois Lerner led IRS. I'm sure they are perfectly legal.

Should we have a news conference with Lois Lerner (with amnesty) declaring just how "legal" the orange clown's tax returns are????............LOL

Lerner belongs in GITMO for turning the IRS against Conservatives

Trump is worth more than Carlos Slim's Vanity paper, the NYTimes

Short answer, no they can't

Kinda figured, thought it would be a privacy issue. Thank you.

Actually, the New York state tax returns that the NYT got their hands on, as well as hundreds of Trump's real estate filings and documents is enough to make his life miserable.
According to the analysis of the returns and filings, over 100,000 documents, Trump owes NY state around $550B with a B as in billion.

Trump Engaged in Suspect Tax Schemes as He Reaped Riches From His Father

Trump is NOT a self made man.
His father was.
Trump just inherited it.
And then blew it, with a $950,000,000 loss on the books and six bankruptcies.

He'll do the same damn thing with this country if he's not stopped.

Forum List

Back