What Trump promises will be kept.....and soon forgotten?

Tell ya what...

make up a list of his promises, and in 4, or 8, years, count up the ones he didn't keep.

and, while you have nothing else to do during those 4-8 years, Make up a list of the promises Obama didn't keep, then one of the promises Bush didn't keep.

Hell, why you're at it, check Clintons promises.

then take a nice long look at them..

and wonder why you bothered with your OP
How come you never mention GOP obstructionism.

Remember, Obama wanted to rebuild American infrastructure during his entire 8 years. And now Trump is going to make that the center of his economic plan? Republicans will fuck this country over with their rotten and anti America politics. And just like his companies and his campaign, he will run it like mess. Trump needs to get down on his knees and thank American media for getting him elected.

Trump has gotten nearly $3 billion in ‘free’ advertising

More than double all the other candidates put together.

and after seeing the mess that was the Stimulus and Obamacare, any one with a brain would have blocked what he wanted
Economic growth for 78 straight months. Republicans call that a disaster. They like what Bush left Obama.

Obamacare passed as promised

What was passed and implemented was not what was promised.

That is the way legislation works

Bullshit. If you are going to rework a sizable part of the US economy you should know what you are placing into action.

You mean like "Repeal and Replace"?

We still have no idea of what replace means

Well they had no idea what would happen when they passed it, so your request for certainty is of course hackish and comical,
That's not exactly true. When they passed it everyone knew the impact would be that every state would have to expand Medicaid, and that plus the mandate would ensure universal coverage. I don't think many understood how the funding really worked, and no one really knew whether it was fully funded. But then, Roberts rewrote the law.so that states could opt out of universal coverage. With people still accessing HC without insurance, there's no way it can be fiscally sustained.

Bullshit. If you are going to rework a sizable part of the US economy you should know what you are placing into action.

re·place
(rĭ-plās′)
tr.v. re·placed, re·plac·ing, re·plac·es
To put back into a former position or place: replaced the sofa after vacuuming.
2. To take the place of or fill the role of: Jets have largely replaced propeller planes.
3. To provide a substitute for (something broken or unsatisfactory, for example): replace a spark plug; replace a team'scoach.
4. To pay back or return; refund: They were forced to replace the money they stole.
forced to replace the money they stole

You know, the Trump Foundation was never certified, audited nor licensed. That means Trump will eventually have to pay back all the millions he took in from dupes. It's gonna happen.

Well they had no idea what would happen when they passed it, so your request for certainty is of course hackish and comical,
That's not exactly true. When they passed it everyone knew the impact would be that every state would have to expand Medicaid, and that plus the mandate would ensure universal coverage. I don't think many understood how the funding really worked, and no one really knew whether it was fully funded. But then, Roberts rewrote the law.so that states could opt out of universal coverage. With people still accessing HC without insurance, there's no way it can be fiscally sustained.

His only other option was to kill the law entirely, and unfortunately he lacked the moral stomach to do so.

His only other option was to kill the law entirely, and unfortunately he lacked the moral stomach to do so.
I dunno. I don't know his basis for concluding the fed govt cannot choose to change a funding program that states may or may not opt into. The feds were essentially blackmailing states. But Congress's power to tax is literally unlimited by the Const.

But, I thought Obamacare was flawed. Still, the pols knew they were voting for what would have been universal care .... until Roberts changed it.

I dunno. I don't know his basis for concluding the fed govt cannot choose to change a funding program that states may or may not opt into. The feds were essentially blackmailing states. But Congress's power to tax is literally unlimited by the Const.

But, I thought Obamacare was flawed. Still, the pols knew they were voting for what would have been universal care .... until Roberts changed it.

The Feds like to blackmail States, it doesn't make it right. The use of Highway funds to force a 21 year old drinking age is blatantly unconstitutional, but is allowed. Trump may use funding to bully Sanctuary Cities, which ironically is probably constitutional, as immigration is a federal issue, whereas alcohol laws are explicitly left to the States.

What they did know...

It covered pre-existing conditions
It removed lifetime caps
Covered children up to 26
Provided coverage for 30 million additional people

Where does "Replace" accomplish that?

Well, we just learned that Trump will not opt to further investigate Clinton....and that is good for sane Americans but will piss off many of Trump's acolytes.

So, what about that "beautiful wall" (or fence) with Mexico.......or will that be soon forgotten?

......and what about deporting 10 million illegals?

...or what about that Nazi-like registry of Muslims and the banning of Muslim immigrants?

...slashing taxes for the middle class?

...draining the swamp?

....pulling out of NATO?

....bringing coal miners' jobs back???

....renegotiating all trade agreements with other countries?

So many promises........so much to attack Trump on........LOL

See how the far left already think Trump is in charge..

It is so nice of them to think that way since they have had no real leadership for 8 years!

Silly far left drones!

Well, we just learned that Trump will not opt to further investigate Clinton....and that is good for sane Americans but will piss off many of Trump's acolytes.

So, what about that "beautiful wall" (or fence) with Mexico.......or will that be soon forgotten?

...or what about that Nazi-like registry of Muslims and the banning of Muslim immigrants?

...draining the swamp?

....pulling out of NATO?

After all the broken Obama promises you swallowed you have no credibility left. Just like the over the limit race card you like.

He is the only one who did something about healthcare, and that was a big thing, and now the Pubs are going to destroy it.

It's already destroying itself.

Guess they should have read it before they passed it
Seems Trump's not going to touch healthcare right now. And there are parts of it he wants to keep. I wonder how many parts that turns out to be.

Guess Trump realized throwing 22 million off healthcare is not "politically correct".

Republicans are going to find repealing is not as easy as their campaign slogans make it appear

First thing Republicans will do is pull funding from Obamacare. Funding that subsidizes insurance for struggling low income families. Funding which expanded Medicaid

Republicans are going to throw a lot of people into the pool of uninsured

The Feds like to blackmail States, it doesn't make it right. The use of Highway funds to force a 21 year old drinking age is blatantly unconstitutional, but is allowed. Trump may use funding to bully Sanctuary Cities, which ironically is probably constitutional, as immigration is a federal issue, whereas alcohol laws are explicitly left to the States.
Well, I'm not going to argue. Roberts threw in a monkeywrench to make Obamacare unworkable. Imo it was going to be that anyway. But the question is whether Roberts torpedoed the law wittingly or unwittingly. (-:

...draining the swamp?

....pulling out of NATO?

If you have heard his plans for his first 100 days, then you would know that he has already laid out plans for most of that. He is still putting together his team to get those things done.

Like 0bama and the presidents before him, Trump most likely won't get all of the things he said done. Unless you are a brain dead lefty, you know that and have always known that. What is and was attractive about Trump is that in saying those things, we know that his head is in the right place. That is what we really want.

What they did know...

It removed lifetime caps

Where did the original think it was going to get its funding from?

Typical progressive idiocy, promising things they have no idea how to pay for.

Well, I'm not going to argue. Roberts threw in a monkeywrench to make Obamacare unworkable. Imo it was going to be that anyway. But the question is whether Roberts torpedoed the law wittingly or unwittingly. (-:

I think he did it "wuss-ingly", as he wanted to torpedo it but didn't have the balls to do it.

What they did know...

It removed lifetime caps

Where did the original think it was going to get its funding from?

Typical progressive idiocy, promising things they have no idea how to pay for.

Well....ball is now in the Republicans court

How do they accomplish all that at a lower cost?

Kushner's brother said the main problem with the ACA is it didn't enforce the mandate enough. He borrowed lots of money to start a healthcare company from one of Trumps main supporters, and due to Trump he has lost lots of money. Oscar Insurance. The rich only care about themselves and the Pubs only care about their pocketbooks.

The beauty of the ACA is everyone paid, and if they didn't make enough or have enough, they went on Medicaid.

I think he did it "wuss-ingly", as he wanted to torpedo it but didn't have the balls to do it.
Well yeah. But yeah, but if it's a tax, it's constitutional. End of discussion. But sure, he wanted it not there.

But, more importantly, Ryan is essentially right in that there has to be some incentive in ALL healthcare to not consume every little morsel you can swallow. If this abysmal election accomplishes that, while still covering everyone, and somehow allows seniors who haven't had to go nursing home on the public dole to die of their final illness without simply bankrupting their estates, I think it will be worthwhile.

One term. That's all. After the Gore debacle, I think we need compromise and putting Bork and Garland behind us. And if we elect someone like Pence who thinks you can pray away gay, I give up. LOL

Kushner's brother said the main problem with the ACA is it didn't enforce the mandate enough. He borrowed lots of money to start a healthcare company from one of Trumps main supporters, and due to Trump he has lost lots of money. Oscar Insurance. The rich only care about themselves and the Pubs only care about their pocketbooks.

The beauty of the ACA is everyone paid, and if they didn't make enough or have enough, they went on Medicaid.
The ACA is essentially paid for with a tax on healthy middle class workers and healthcare providers. And say hello to President Trump.

Tell ya what...

make up a list of his promises, and in 4, or 8, years, count up the ones he didn't keep.

and, while you have nothing else to do during those 4-8 years, Make up a list of the promises Obama didn't keep, then one of the promises Bush didn't keep.

Hell, why you're at it, check Clintons promises.

then take a nice long look at them..

and wonder why you bothered with your OP

LOL you better sit down, your mind is about to explode:

The Obameter Pledge-o-Meter

Obama fully or partially kept 72% of his promises., broke only 23%

What Trump promises will be kept.....and soon forgotten?

"And I’ll tell you what, I didn’t think I’d say this, but I’m going to say it and I hate to say it, but if I win I’m going to instruct my attorney general to get a special prosecutor to look into your situation – because there’s never been so many lies. So much deception. There’s never been anything like it. And we’re going to have a special prosecutor.

When I speak, the people of this country are furious. In my opinion the people that have been long-term workers at the FBI are furious. There has never been anything like this where emails, and you get a subpoena. You get a subpoena and after getting the subpoena you delete 33,000 emails and then you acid wash them or bleach them – a very expensive process.

So we’re going to get a special prosecutor and we’re going to look into it because people have been, their lives have been destroyed for doing one fifth of what you’ve done, and it’s a disgrace."

Last edited:

Forum List

Back