What was a reason for God to sacrifice His Son?

I see.

If you don't need to ask questions anymore, then why did you ask what sin is?

I asked in the context of what that guy meant by it.

What's your thinking about it?
Anything which distances one from God.

I have a close relationship with God.

I don't need an intermediary.
What does an intermediary have to do with what I wrote?

What do you believe sin is?

You mentioned God.

If you are a Christian, you have an intermediary, don't you?

Sin? What we do to animals is some of it.
But sin being anything which distances us from God has nothing to do with an intermediary.

No offense, but saying that what we do to animals is some of it isn't a definition. It may be an example, but not a definition.

Think about it some more and see if you can define what you believe sin is, OK.

I'll be back later.

As far as I am aware, according to Christian beliefs after Adam's fall all humanity became sinful and doomed to perdition. Then Son of God was sent by Father to save mankind and give eternal live for those believing in Him.

‌Why was all this needed? Why didnt God simply send a prophet with instructions how people can save themselves? Why did God have a need to make sacrifice for himself?

Incompetence. If God could not accomplish his objectives without having to kill his own son then he's clearly incompetent as a god and as a parent.

As far as I am aware, according to Christian beliefs after Adam's fall all humanity became sinful and doomed to perdition. Then Son of God was sent by Father to save mankind and give eternal live for those believing in Him.

‌Why was all this needed? Why didnt God simply send a prophet with instructions how people can save themselves? Why did God have a need to make sacrifice for himself?

Incompetence. If God could not accomplish his objectives without having to kill his own son then he's clearly incompetent as a god and as a parent.
And you are clearly a fool.

Jesus life was a way of redemption, not a magical forgiveness of sins (like only some Protestant denominations would have everyone believe). Jesus came with a new Covenant--i.e. repentance for the forgiveness of sins. People argued, Not True!!! Only God can forgive sins! We want proof!

If I understand you correctly, you are saying that it isnt Jesus' death that made it possible for people to achieve forgiveness, but his death and what is more important his ressurection was a proof for people to follow his teaching. Right?

Here is my understanding. Jesus led a perfect life and never sinned. As he had never sinned, he was not deserving of death, as are we. Nevertheless, Jesus allowed himself to be put to death in exchange for God allowing the sinful to be able to enter Heaven and have eternal life. Maybe it was Jesus who said that no man goes before God without going through Jesus first. You see, Jesus intercedes to God on our behalf so that we can be let into Heaven and have eternal life. I welcome others to critique me in the event I did it wrong. :)

Can you define 'sin'?

As the other poster stated, anything that goes against God's will is a sin.

I see we have a new troll to add to my "ignore" list. Bye.

Jesus life was a way of redemption, not a magical forgiveness of sins (like only some Protestant denominations would have everyone believe). Jesus came with a new Covenant--i.e. repentance for the forgiveness of sins. People argued, Not True!!! Only God can forgive sins! We want proof!

If I understand you correctly, you are saying that it isnt Jesus' death that made it possible for people to achieve forgiveness, but his death and what is more important his ressurection was a proof for people to follow his teaching. Right?

Here is my understanding. Jesus led a perfect life and never sinned. As he had never sinned, he was not deserving of death, as are we. Nevertheless, Jesus allowed himself to be put to death in exchange for God allowing the sinful to be able to enter Heaven and have eternal life. Maybe it was Jesus who said that no man goes before God without going through Jesus first. You see, Jesus intercedes to God on our behalf so that we can be let into Heaven and have eternal life. I welcome others to critique me in the event I did it wrong. :)

Can you define 'sin'?

As the other poster stated, anything that goes against God's will is a sin.

You'd have to know what God's will is, to begin with.

You'd have to know what God's will is, to begin with.

Be fruitful and multiply which means we don't abort our offspring. Love our neighbors. Don't screw your co-worker's wife. Do unto others. Pray for your enemy. Things like that which I gleaned from the bible.

So anyone who doesn't accept your demanded beliefs is a fool? Are you God?

There is no discussion between you and me.

If you say so. I was being a bit tongue-in-cheek although it is my belief that Jesus is real and that we will all meet him.

What do you believe?

So anyone who doesn't accept your demanded beliefs is a fool? Are you God?
I didn't say that. I said YOU are a fool.

God likes torture.

God told Satan that he would "put enmity between you (Satan) and the woman". The woman to who he referred was Mary, who was without sin.
Can you provide a passage from the Bible where this is said? Especially a part where Mary's sinless is mentioned.

It would be okay to me if mainstream Christian tradition put it this way. But according to this tradition Jesus' sufferings and death are a sacrifice of God to himself. It doesnt make sense to me.

Forum List

Back