What was Black Wall Street?

let the record show, no answer.

LOL...Did you ask a question that I didn't answer?

Please allow me to help you. In the English language, we have these things called question marks. They look like this (?). If you see one, a question has been asked. Furthermore, running away from the question is not the same as answering it. So what is the purpose for the OP?
http://www.usmessageboard.com/7039693-post2.html
http://www.usmessageboard.com/7039802-post4.html

History.

There did I answer your question now?

Please allow me to help you. In the English language, we have these things called question marks. They look like this (?). If you see one, a question has been asked. Furthermore, running away from the question is not the same as answering it. So what is the purpose for the OP?

History.

Oh, well the history section is a few forums above this one. Whats your motivation for bringing up this history in the wrong forum? What did you expect us to talk about?

History.

Oh, well the history section is a few forums above this one. Whats your motivation for bringing up this history in the wrong forum? What did you expect us to talk about?

Motivation is that I didn't know they had a history forum...I guess not knowing was the motivation
I expected you to talk about the OP

But now I see you choose to talk about me. My favorite color is red and I like long walks in the park. Cool?

What happened to Black Wall Street on June 1, 1921? | San Francisco Bay View

Black Wall Street, the name fittingly given to one of the most affluent all-Black communities in America, was bombed from the air and burned to the ground by mobs of envious Whites. In a period spanning fewer than 12 hours, a once thriving Black business district in northern Tulsa lay smoldering – a model community destroyed and a major African-American economic movement resoundingly defused.

The night’s carnage left some 3,000 African Americans dead and over 600 successful businesses lost. Among these were 21 churches, 21 restaurants, 30 grocery stores and two movie theaters, plus a hospital, a bank, a post office, libraries, schools, law offices, a half dozen private airplanes and even a bus system. As could have been expected, the impetus behind it all was the infamous Ku Klux Klan, working in consort with ranking city officials and many other sympathizers.

Black America’s most prosperous community, Black Wall Street in Tulsa, Oklahoma, went up in flames June 1, 1921, in the KKK-led Tulsa Race Riot. According to Wikipedia, “During the 16 hours of the assault, over 800 people were admitted to local hospitals with injuries, an estimated 10,000 were left homeless, and 35 city blocks composed of 1,256 residences were destroyed by fire caused by bombing.”
The best description of Black Wall Street, or Little Africa as it was also known, would be to compare it to a mini Beverly Hills. It was the golden door of the Black community during the early 1900s, and it proved that African Americans could create a successful infrastructure. That’s what Black Wall Street was all about.

Tulsa-Race-Riot-Black-Wall-Street-on-fire-060121.jpg

Tulsa-Race-Riot-Greenwood-destroyed-060121.jpg

White conservative bigots at their worst.......................

What happened to Black Wall Street on June 1, 1921? | San Francisco Bay View

Black Wall Street, the name fittingly given to one of the most affluent all-Black communities in America, was bombed from the air and burned to the ground by mobs of envious Whites. In a period spanning fewer than 12 hours, a once thriving Black business district in northern Tulsa lay smoldering – a model community destroyed and a major African-American economic movement resoundingly defused.

The night’s carnage left some 3,000 African Americans dead and over 600 successful businesses lost. Among these were 21 churches, 21 restaurants, 30 grocery stores and two movie theaters, plus a hospital, a bank, a post office, libraries, schools, law offices, a half dozen private airplanes and even a bus system. As could have been expected, the impetus behind it all was the infamous Ku Klux Klan, working in consort with ranking city officials and many other sympathizers.

Black America’s most prosperous community, Black Wall Street in Tulsa, Oklahoma, went up in flames June 1, 1921, in the KKK-led Tulsa Race Riot. According to Wikipedia, “During the 16 hours of the assault, over 800 people were admitted to local hospitals with injuries, an estimated 10,000 were left homeless, and 35 city blocks composed of 1,256 residences were destroyed by fire caused by bombing.”
The best description of Black Wall Street, or Little Africa as it was also known, would be to compare it to a mini Beverly Hills. It was the golden door of the Black community during the early 1900s, and it proved that African Americans could create a successful infrastructure. That’s what Black Wall Street was all about.

Tulsa-Race-Riot-Black-Wall-Street-on-fire-060121.jpg

Tulsa-Race-Riot-Greenwood-destroyed-060121.jpg

White conservative bigots at their worst.......................

You meant to say members of the democrat party at their worst.

You already did make up a motive. See facts cant be made into whatever you want them to be but motives...Motives can be changed, made up, untrue etc. That's why its the easy.

Your questions aren't questions theyre rhetorical. You know the answer. I suspect your motive (see what I did there) is to troll not for any serious conversations

let the record show, no answer.

Just tell him you won't answer the question and be done with it, you look dumber and dumber after each no response.

democrats will twists themselves into any kind of knots to try and hide from their shameful past and deny the racism that runs rampant among them to this day.

democrats will twists themselves into any kind of knots to try and hide from their shameful past and deny the racism that runs rampant among them to this day.

I'm not a Democrat, I totally agree that it was White conservative Democrats who were fighting to keep "that peculiar institution" in place, I agree that it was White conservative Democrats who started the KKK, I agree that it was White conservative Democrats who enacted the "Black Codes", Jim Crow, etc. I also know that the KKK had a foothold in the republican party in that region *(Midwest,Tulsa)in the 1920's. I also am aware of that fact that White conservatives were opposed to the Civil rights Movement, regardless of party affiliation. I also know that with the support of the Civil rights legislation by the democrat party and the inclusion of many Black congressmen and women in the democrat party, those same racist White conservative democrats felt that they didn't leave the Democrat party, but that the Democrat party left them. That led those former White conservative racist Democrats to switch over the the Republican party that was courting their vote when they enacted the Southern Strategy. Where's the alleged 'knot tying'? Presenting accurate historical and current facts?

Last edited:
Trying to inject the word "conservative" as many times as possible does NOT absolve democrats, then or now, from the racism and intolerance that has ALWAYS defined them.

History.

Motivation is that I didn't know they had a history forum...I guess not knowing was the motivation
I expected you to talk about the OP

But now I see you choose to talk about me. My favorite color is red and I like long walks in the park. Cool?

Ignorance is not a defense, however I would have questioned your motive reguardless of the area posted. No one says something without a reason for saying it.

I'm glad that you're finally admitting the truth. Your beef is not about what Forum I posted it in, I knew that all along but you had to have a "reason" to be mad at some black history

I don't blame democrats for not wanting to own their hatred, but that doesn't make it go away.

I was questioning your motive for posting it. I am right? Am I not? Go ahead, explain it to me. Why did you post the above? Are you afraid that whitey is going to burn your house down?

Questioning ones motive is what someone does when they don't want to deal with the facts. Motives are easy to make up. And so are silly off topic questions

Then make one up for all I care. No one raised a question of fact now did they? Off topic? Motives are always on topic. Nevertheless, you still havent answered my question, which speaks for itself.
He doesn't need to have a motive to post a truth that has all but been covered up by people like you! One might ask what is YOUR motive for attacking a person who is merely posting a segment of American history that many would like to sweep under the rug. If anyone has an agenda here, its you!

Forum List

Back