What was your effective tax for 2013?

Yeah, good ol one percenter is a gazillionaire in the 2nd life game. True story!

Mines a true story. Too bad you're such a sucker for what the right wing tells you. Keep following their lead and you'll be living in a grocery cart.

Yeah, good ol one percenter is a gazillionaire in the 2nd life game. True story!

Mines a true story. Too bad you're such a sucker for what the right wing tells you. Keep following their lead and you'll be living in a grocery cart.

Sure thing bud. I and my family have zero debt. How about you?

when I was self employed it was around 35%

Not the way Onepercenter figures it.

You would need to take your GROSS income before expenses or deductions.

Mine would be 5% figured using the Onepercenter method...but in reality it's 27%.

Just another example of "liars figure".

Total taxes Paid ÷ Total Income.

A typical married couple making $35,000.00 will have a net Federal tax liability of $1600.00, which would be 5% effective.

Business is figured differently so the little guy doesn't know how much he's getting screwed. Businesses excuse is 'to make it easier for investors'.

Have you ever owned a business?

I just got done with my 2013 taxes, and my profit was just a little over 1/6 gross revenue.

All I see when I look at the figure you call Wal-mart's effective tax rate is a super slim profit margin...they are bringing in bucket-loads of money, but they are paying most of it back out in merchandise, labor and overhead...which is all a pre-tax deduction.

Let's take a look and see what Wal-marts profit margin is...

" Last year the company made about $17 billion on sales of $469 billion. Profits were about 3.6 cents on each dollar of goods sold.” AEI’s Michael Strain was quoted as saying that Walmart is “not some tech company with a massive profit margin.”

Are Walmart's Profit Too Small to Raise Worker Wages? | Economics

Last edited:

Mine would be 5% figured using the Onepercenter method...but in reality it's 27%.

A typical married couple making $35,000.00 will have a net Federal tax liability of $1600.00, which would be 5% effective.

Business is figured differently so the little guy doesn't know how much he's getting screwed. Businesses excuse is 'to make it easier for investors'.

I just got done with my 2013 taxes, and my profit was just a little over 1/6 gross revenue.

All I see when I look at the figure you call Wal-mart's effective tax rate is a super slim profit margin...they are bringing in bucket-loads of money, but they are paying most of it back out in merchandise, labor and overhead...which is all a pre-tax deduction.

" Last year the company made about $17 billion on sales of $469 billion. Profits were about 3.6 cents on each dollar of goods sold.” AEI’s Michael Strain was quoted as saying that Walmart is “not some tech company with a massive profit margin.”

Don't bother the chuckle head with facts, he is to busy lying to deal with facts.

That's not too shabby. When I was the auditor for a McDonald's franchise the owner only made 2%...

My income is non taxable as it is all disability pay. My wife is taxed but since there are two of us and she makes about 24 k a year we get it all back.

By general observation, none of the taxes I paid in 2013 seem to be effective at much of anything.

So I guess the correct answer is 'zero'.

I paid my fair share according to the return.

The OP is super rich. LOL

Troll thread.

Yes.

How much salary did you pay yourself? Any deferred income? Company pay for your house, boat cars?

You're such a chump if you believe that. WalMart is four companies, WalMart Stores Inc. which you know as Wally World, and the other three, procurement, logistics, and transportation which are privately owned by the WalMart seven. The 'three', buy, store, and transport product. At each stage there is markup, thus massive profit. WalMart is THE cash cow of American companies.

That's not too shabby. When I was the auditor for a McDonald's franchise the owner only made 2%...

Please tell us in dollars what 2% equates.

On a Saturday at a million gross sales(1987), well you can figure it out...

On a Saturday at a million gross sales(1987), well you can figure it out...

Not bad.

Did he/she receive a paycheck?

How about deferred income?

Company car?

Business proceeds paying for personal item via a corporate card?

Tell us, we'd like to know.....

No corporate card
They did get a paycheck
No company car
Not sure about their personal income investment or deferment...
I only kept records of store operations..

No corporate card
They did get a paycheck
No company car
Not sure about their personal income investment or deferment...
I only kept records of store operations..

So it's a bit more than 2%....That you know of.

Forum List

Back