CDZ What Will be Obamas Legacy?

Obama's Legacy: The glaring domestic and foreign policy failures of Incompetence+Arrogance+Ignorance topped off with Hyper Race-baiting Strife.

Along with FDR and Racist LBJ, he's one of the great Progressive Presidents. When he promised to "Fundamentally Transform America", he never once said it would be for the better. He took the World's Number 1 economy and in 2 terms made it a Part-time, food stamp economy that was surpassed by China.

Not bad, Obammy.

Not bad at all

The killing of Osama bin Laden.

Healthcare reform.

Obamas healthcare reform is rejected in every poll released since its inception. OBL? Thank the intelligence community for that.

Presidents don't act in a vacuum, but they get credit for what gets done.

You asked, I answered. I'm not going to go around in circles with you about it.

Perhaps in the future, but as of now many Americans don't see Obamacare as a positive for Obama.

Healthcare reform.

Obamas healthcare reform is rejected in every poll released since its inception. OBL? Thank the intelligence community for that.

Perhaps in the future, but as of now many Americans don't see Obamacare as a positive for Obama.

He's the first President to achieve health insurance and healthcare reform. Whether people agree with it or not. That's a legacy.

OBL was killed under Obama's watch. That's part of his legacy. Even his most rabid detractors aren't coming out against the killing of OBL.....yet.

Healthcare reform.

He's the first President to achieve health insurance and healthcare reform. Whether people agree with it or not. That's a legacy.

OBL was killed under Obama's watch. That's part of his legacy. Even his most rabid detractors aren't coming out against the killing of OBL.....yet.

Indeed, a poor legacy is indeed a legacy.

Once again, thank the intelligence community.

A legacy usually means passing down something of value. The ACA's ultimate value is yet to be determined, although the devious methods by which it was passed will remain a stain on it. The killing of OBM, questionable as a Presidential accomplishment in the first place, has already been diminished by Obama's foreign policy reverses. I suspect it will end up being an historical footnote rather than a Presidential legacy.

A legacy usually means passing down something of value. The ACA's ultimate value is yet to be determined, although the devious methods by which it was passed will remain a stain on it. The killing of OBM, questionable as a Presidential accomplishment in the first place, has already been diminished by Obama's foreign policy reverses. I suspect it will end up being an historical footnote rather than a Presidential legacy.

I don't believe you can add something that would have happened without his leadership anyway as an Obama attributed legacy.

I don't believe you can add something that would have happened without his leadership anyway as an Obama attributed legacy.

Well, it's not a Clinton legacy, nor is it a GWBush legacy.

He deserves the credit. Along with the intelligence community.

What Will be Obamas Legacy?

I don't see much to go on but one of the most failed presidencies in U.S. History.

Stopped a Depression
Saved the banks and auto companies
Passed Obamacare
Expanded gay rights
Killed bin Laden
Immigration reform

Not too shabby

I don't see much to go on but one of the most failed presidencies in U.S. History.

Stopped a Depression
Passed Obamacare
Expanded gay rights
Killed bin Laden
Immigration reform

Not too shabby

Lengthened the Recession
Gave GM to the UAW
Lied to the public about Obamacare
Killed Christopher Stevens
Violated Immigration Law
Invited Russia to seize Ukraine
Lost the Iraq War

Not too impressive.

Stopped a Depression
Passed Obamacare
Expanded gay rights
Killed bin Laden
Immigration reform

Not too shabby

Lengthened the Recession
Gave GM to the UAW
Lied to the public about Obamacare
Killed Christopher Stevens
Violated Immigration Law
Invited Russia to seize Ukraine
Lost the Iraq War

Not too impressive.

Terrorists killed Christopher Stevens....were the 3000 killed on 9-11 killed by George Bush?

Healthcare reform.

A legacy is not necessary positive.

Healthcare reform.

A legacy is not necessary positive.

Yes, this thought has been addressed by other posters.

Healthcare reform.

While Obama gets credit for being the man on the hill when OBL was taken out that is NOT a legacy. Legacies last and killing OBL will be largely forgotten within another decade.

OBL is not a legacy, Obamacare OTOH is.

Healthcare reform.

Weather or not it is rejected is meaningless. Your OP was about Obama's legacy - not Obama's greatest achievement.

He will be remembered first for being the first black president. That will exist within history books for the next century. He will be remembered second for Obamacare - weather or not it is a failure it will be his legacy. The only other thing that might stick around is if Russia/American tensions explode into warfare but I don't see that occurring within the next 2 years.

I think Obama will be remebered as a good, but not great, president.

I would expect him to rank around the middle of the pack - certainly ahead of Bush Snr and Jnr, but hardly up there with any of the greats.

His major achievement may still be healthcare - it's a little too soon to tell on that - but also restoration of the US's battered reputation abroad, and decent work restoring the US economy to life after the meltdown.

I think the other lasting legacy of this period will be the bitterness, hatred and contempt of the extreme right wing in US, who to my mind have set new lows in anti-patriotism and political debate unprecedented in the developed world. It's been halfway between the Salem Witch Trials and the McCarthy era - with an unhealthy dose of illiteracy thrown in.

Forum List

Back