CDZ What Will be Obamas Legacy?

Somewhere between Truman and Bush the Younger on leaving office and always somewhere in between thereafter.

What Will be Obamas Legacy?

I don't see much to go on but one of the most failed presidencies in U.S. History.
That's completely untrue. He is not at all a failed president. If you want to discuss a failed presidency, discuss GW Bush. You people love making up a false reality about Obama. Pretty silly.

Are you sticking to the merits of the op or are you goading me into a Bush/Obama comparison? Generally, people make the argument you do in an effort to point toward someone they PERCEIVE as worse so as to prop up the person in question. But no one is in question here but President Obama. There is nothing in this thread about Bush. I see what you're doing.

My point is that I think it is ludicrous to assert that Obama's is a failed presidency. The facts don't support such an assertion, but the right wing has been making that assertion since the beginning of his tenure in office, even calling regularly for his impeachment when there is nothing to base an impeachment on. To point out the hypocrisy of the right, I mention how clearly we can see that GW Bush's presidency was a failure and yet you folks never mention that. The whole position in the OP is ludicrous. That's my point. I'll leave this thread alone. I've expressed my opinion; it won't change. Essentially, the OP has no merit.

Since you have provided zero support for why you say Obama has done well, your assertion has no merit. You, once again, have done nothing but say the other guy is bad. At least provide examples if you want to be taken seriously. Twice you've failed to do so.

But simply think for a second. It is easy to admonish him, but what can we honestly point to as a legacy building achievement?
We're thinking.....
transparency! uh,,,,scratch that.
an administration free from scandals....uh...scratch that.
bringing together of the races....nada.
will keep thinking...

I don't see much to go on but one of the most failed presidencies in U.S. History.
That's completely untrue. He is not at all a failed president. If you want to discuss a failed presidency, discuss GW Bush. You people love making up a false reality about Obama. Pretty silly.
Actually, we had more patriotism than ever before. Realistically however, one can say citizens came together after 9/11, but Bush was the right man at the right time.

I think Obama's legacy will be limited to having been our First Black President. This will be spun as a barrier breaking achievement, but in reality it will have set back race relations in our country and made election of another Black President much more difficult.

In reality, the first mulatto Prez......

Lets not let the facts get in the way of the Black legacy.
He was the first black president! Got one!

A legacy usually means passing down something of value. The ACA's ultimate value is yet to be determined, although the devious methods by which it was passed will remain a stain on it. The killing of OBM, questionable as a Presidential accomplishment in the first place, has already been diminished by Obama's foreign policy reverses. I suspect it will end up being an historical footnote rather than a Presidential legacy.

We might not done with the ACA yet. The SCOTUS has to weigh in on it yet again.

What I don't see is you saying anything to back up your claim about Obama not being a failure. All you do is talk about the other guy. That's pretty silly if you're only support of him is how bad you claim someone else was instead of what you think makes him good.

What you're saying is like the person with an 80 IQ claiming he's not dumb because the other guy has a 75.
To me it is just ridiculous to go over and over and over it. Obama's accomplishments have been listed on this board repeatedly. They have been listed by outside sources which have been quoted here repeatedly. I am not interested in wasting time doing it yet again because you all have not read these posts or have dismissed them.

However, with his presidency well behind him, and his reputation world wide well known, it is patently obvious what a monumental failure was the Bush presidency. So, discussing Obama as a failed president is simply you all playing your little game of hating Obama and rewriting the history of his presidency to suit your own agenda.

That's my bottom line point: his legacy will be just fine, probably average among presidents, and it is ludicrous and hypocritical of you all to pretend otherwise. Goodbye.

I am seriously (now) thinking of what positive legacy historians may write about Obama in the future. The hope that it gave the world when he was first elected was truly magnetic. So much so, he received the Nobel Peace Prize not for anything that he had accomplished except that he had been elected as the first black President of the US, giving the world hope for peace across the globe.

That was the height of his presidency and it was overwhelming for many of us.

Are you sticking to the merits of the op or are you goading me into a Bush/Obama comparison? Generally, people make the argument you do in an effort to point toward someone they PERCEIVE as worse so as to prop up the person in question. But no one is in question here but President Obama. There is nothing in this thread about Bush. I see what you're doing.

My point is that I think it is ludicrous to assert that Obama's is a failed presidency. The facts don't support such an assertion, but the right wing has been making that assertion since the beginning of his tenure in office, even calling regularly for his impeachment when there is nothing to base an impeachment on. To point out the hypocrisy of the right, I mention how clearly we can see that GW Bush's presidency was a failure and yet you folks never mention that. The whole position in the OP is ludicrous. That's my point. I'll leave this thread alone. I've expressed my opinion; it won't change. Essentially, the OP has no merit.

Since you have provided zero support for why you say Obama has done well, your assertion has no merit. You, once again, have done nothing but say the other guy is bad. At least provide examples if you want to be taken seriously. Twice you've failed to do so.
It's already been done on this board repeatedly, time and again. What is the point of doing it yet again for your type to dismiss it all out of hand. I'm not interested in that kind of game playing.

What I don't see is you saying anything to back up your claim about Obama not being a failure. All you do is talk about the other guy. That's pretty silly if you're only support of him is how bad you claim someone else was instead of what you think makes him good.

What you're saying is like the person with an 80 IQ claiming he's not dumb because the other guy has a 75.
To me it is just ridiculous to go over and over and over it. Obama's accomplishments have been listed on this board repeatedly. They have been listed by outside sources which have been quoted here repeatedly. I am not interested in wasting time doing it yet again because you all have not read these posts or have dismissed them.

However, with his presidency well behind him, and his reputation world wide well known, it is patently obvious what a monumental failure was the Bush presidency. So, discussing Obama as a failed president is simply you all playing your little game of hating Obama and rewriting the history of his presidency to suit your own agenda.

That's my bottom line point: his legacy will be just fine, probably average among presidents, and it is ludicrous and hypocritical of you all to pretend otherwise. Goodbye.

I apologize because I was taking the easy route and thinking of my obvious complaints of Obama. I'm listening now, If you are still around, list his accomplishments. I will be positive and supportive.

It's already been done on this board repeatedly, time and again. What is the point of doing it yet again for your type to dismiss it all out of hand. I'm not interested in that kind of game playing.
Please take the time to list some of the efforts of Obama's that I may have not given enough credit for. I will be objective and honest in my reply. I can see you are upset and you may have a right to be.

Please take the time to list some of the efforts of Obama's that I may have not given enough credit for. I will be objective and honest in my reply. I can see you are upset and you may have a right to be.
At the moment my internet is not working well (I'm about 7000 miles away from you in a small country and internet often not great.)

Here is a website:
14 Facts About The Obama Presidency That Most People Don rsquo t Know

This is but a small list, 14, of his accomplishments.

Obama legacy ( to date) ;

First Black President.

150% gain in the stock markets.

No major homeland terrorist attacks.

OBL hunted down and killed (allegedly).

Those are some good things. I could list many many many negatives, mostly having to do with Obama being too much like Bush, or worse than Bush in his Bushyness, especially with the Patriot Act and Domestic Espionage.

At the moment my internet is not working well (I'm about 7000 miles away from you in a small country and internet often not great.)

Here is a website:

Okay, I am going to do what you should have done... but I included just 6 of his accomplishments.

1. We've now had 63 straight months of economic expansion.

2. We are currently enjoying the longest period of private sector job creation in American history.

3. Unemployment has dropped from 10.1% in October of 2009 to 5.9% and projected to reach 5.4% by summer of 2015.

4. The stock market continues to set new records since President Obama has been in office.

5. The Federal budget deficit is shrinking. It’s been reduced by two-thirds since 2009.

6. Under President Obama, spending has increased only 1.4% annually, the lowest rate since Eisenhower was president.

It's up to you to put the last 8 on the board. All of these items are true, from my perspective.

I have a caveat for no. 1, and although there have been many months of economic good news, we have to remember where we were coming from in 2009. That wasn't that difficult of a feat, or perhaps it was, the fiscal cliff was looming. We were looking at a depression.

Do you remember the early months of the presidency? And the TARP Acts the Stimulus, etc? What the details of those were?

Others may want to talk about the other accomplishments, but they are real.

Here is a website:

Okay, I am going to do what you should have done... but I included just 6 of his accomplishments.

2. We are currently enjoying the longest period of private sector job creation in American history.

3. Unemployment has dropped from 10.1% in October of 2009 to 5.9% and projected to reach 5.4% by summer of 2015.

4. The stock market continues to set new records since President Obama has been in office.

5. The Federal budget deficit is shrinking. It’s been reduced by two-thirds since 2009.

6. Under President Obama, spending has increased only 1.4% annually, the lowest rate since Eisenhower was president.

It's up to you to put the last 8 on the board. All of these items are true, from my perspective.

I have a caveat for no. 1, and although there have been many months of economic good news, we have to remember where we were coming from in 2009. That wasn't that difficult of a feat, or perhaps it was, the fiscal cliff was looming. We were looking at a depression.

Do you remember the early months of the presidency? And the TARP Acts the Stimulus, etc? What the details of those were?

I don't have the time sweetie. I am at work on a break and need to get back to my tasks. Sorry. It is the middle of the day here.

Here is a website:

I don't have the time sweetie. I am at work on a break and need to get back to my tasks. Sorry. It is the middle of the day here.
When you are home, finish with the rest and start a dialogue with posters. Try to be open with them and maybe they can be more objective, too.
BTW, I love your avatar

Here is a website:

You work 3rd shift?

Forum List

Back