🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What will republicans do first?

Internet sales tax

I was thinking something similar. The only thing is that democrats love to tax people. Well, unless the GOP is leading the way. Then it's a boneheaded move.
Everyone gets taxed. The political issue is actually WHO gets taxed. Please tell us, in a future environment controlled by Republicans with economic austerity, no new investment, and declining income distribution, what the perfect Republican answer would be to how tax rates change for different income groups.

I expect they will float a ceremonial "Kill Obamacare" bill in the Senate that will go nowhere
As with Clinton, I expect Republicans will try to tie Obama up for the next two years with endless Congressional investigations
By no where I assume you mean Obama will veto.

I honestly don't think that effective governance can come from fear and loathing, and that's all Republicans offer. But, whatever . . . I just hope they cut farm subsidies and get all those fat diabetics off from disability.

Internet sales tax

I was thinking something similar. The only thing is that democrats love to tax people. Well, unless the GOP is leading the way. Then it's a boneheaded move.
Everyone gets taxed. The political issue is actually WHO gets taxed. Please tell us, in a future environment controlled by Republicans with economic austerity, no new investment, and declining income distribution, what the perfect Republican answer would be to how tax rates change for different income groups.

The corporate tax will be lowered to encourage those corporations with billion of dollars in profits overseas to return them to the US at the lower tax rate and invest in expansion at home.

I expect they will float a ceremonial "Kill Obamacare" bill in the Senate that will go nowhere
As with Clinton, I expect Republicans will try to tie Obama up for the next two years with endless Congressional investigations

It will never make it to the Senate floor....Obama will not have to veto

Internet sales tax

The corporate tax will be lowered to encourage those corporations with billion of dollars in profits overseas to return them to the US at the lower tax rate and invest in expansion at home.
So if the corporate tax is lowered, whose taxes go up to make up for the lost revenue? Because somebody will pay MORE.

repass the Patriot Act
ugg... see that's why I did not vote republican.

Just so you will know.

"On May 26, 2011, President Barack Obama signed the PATRIOT Sunsets Extension Act of 2011, a four-year extension of three key provisions in the USA PATRIOT Act: roving wiretaps, searches of business records (the "library records provision"), and conducting surveillance of "lone wolves"—individuals suspected of terrorist-related activities not linked to terrorist groups."

So if the corporate tax is lowered, whose taxes go up to make up for the lost revenue? Because somebody will pay MORE.
Odds are likely that it would be revenue neutral. Corporations will have less of an inducement to take their business elsewhere. If not, reduce spending accordingly.

repass the Patriot Act
ugg... see that's why I did not vote republican.

Just so you will know.

"On May 26, 2011, President Barack Obama signed the PATRIOT Sunsets Extension Act of 2011, a four-year extension of three key provisions in the USA PATRIOT Act: roving wiretaps, searches of business records (the "library records provision"), and conducting surveillance of "lone wolves"—individuals suspected of terrorist-related activities not linked to terrorist groups."
I remember. It is my hope that the democrats and some republicans finally drop the unpatriotic act.

Internet sales tax

They will probably attach a provision to cut wasteful spending, and increased revenue will be the end result of business expansion in the US.

Odds are likely that it would be revenue neutral. Corporations will have less of an inducement to take their business elsewhere. If not, reduce spending accordingly.
So you're saying that public investment should be cut to allow corporations to increase dividends to shareholders?

Internet sales tax

They will probably attach a provision to cut wasteful spending, and increased revenue will be the end result of business expansion in the US.
Please describe how "supply side economics" has ever worked in the past.

It will never make it to the Senate floor....Obama will not have to veto
Wanna bet?

You think Republicans have 60 votes for cloture?

So you're saying that public investment should be cut to allow corporations to increase dividends to shareholders?
Public investment? What the fuck is that? You mean funds seized from folks that won't be spent on a newer car, better diet, home improvements, kids college and a thousand other uses so that Urkel and his family can vacation half the year, perpetual warfare can be maintained around the globe, the intrusive security state can upgrade it's spy apparatus, and the useless bureaucracy can flourish? That public investment? Yes, cut the hell out of it.

Forum List

Back