What will republicans do first?

repass the Patriot Act
ugg... see that's why I did not vote republican.

Just so you will know.

"On May 26, 2011, President Barack Obama signed the PATRIOT Sunsets Extension Act of 2011, a four-year extension of three key provisions in the USA PATRIOT Act: roving wiretaps, searches of business records (the "library records provision"), and conducting surveillance of "lone wolves"—individuals suspected of terrorist-related activities not linked to terrorist groups."
I remember. It is my hope that the democrats and some republicans finally drop the unpatriotic act.

That would require Obama provide the leadership to encourage the Democrats to do so, and if he is interested in doing that he had better hurry while he still has a majority in the Senate. What makes you think that he wants to drop the Patriot Act after being in office almost 6 years and renewing it one time?

So if the corporate tax is lowered, whose taxes go up to make up for the lost revenue? Because somebody will pay MORE.
Odds are likely that it would be revenue neutral. Corporations will have less of an inducement to take their business elsewhere. If not, reduce spending accordingly.
So you're saying that public investment should be cut to allow corporations to increase dividends to shareholders?
Public investment? What the fuck is that? You mean funds seized from folks that won't be spent on a newer car, better diet, home improvements, kids college and a thousand other uses so that Urkel and his family can vacation half the year, perpetual warfare can be maintained around the globe, the intrusive security state can upgrade it's spy apparatus, and the useless bureaucracy can flourish? That public investment? Yes, cut the hell out of it.
Rwanda

I expect they will float a ceremonial "Kill Obamacare" bill in the Senate that will go nowhere
As with Clinton, I expect Republicans will try to tie Obama up for the next two years with endless Congressional investigations
By no where I assume you mean Obama will veto.

It will never make it to the Senate floor....Obama will not have to veto
Wanna bet?

You think Republicans have 60 votes for cloture?
Nope. But alas, didn't Reed change the Senate rules? I thought Reed changed cloture to 51.

Last edited:
So if the corporate tax is lowered, whose taxes go up to make up for the lost revenue? Because somebody will pay MORE.
Odds are likely that it would be revenue neutral. Corporations will have less of an inducement to take their business elsewhere. If not, reduce spending accordingly.
So you're saying that public investment should be cut to allow corporations to increase dividends to shareholders?
Public investment? What the fuck is that? You mean funds seized from folks that won't be spent on a newer car, better diet, home improvements, kids college and a thousand other uses so that Urkel and his family can vacation half the year, perpetual warfare can be maintained around the globe, the intrusive security state can upgrade it's spy apparatus, and the useless bureaucracy can flourish? That public investment? Yes, cut the hell out of it.
Rwanda
How Republican of you.

What will Republicans do? Hang on to your hats, folks:

"In Mein Kampf, written in 1924, Hitler outlined the virulent antisemitism and anti-communism that lay at the heart of his political philosophy, as well as his disdain for democracy and his belief in Germany’s right to territorial expansion.

"In 1933, with the support of more traditional right-wing conservatives, Hitler became Chancellor of Germany and the Nazis gradually established a one-party state, under which Jews, political opponents and other "undesirables" elements were marginalised, harassed and eventually imprisoned and killed. Once in power, Hitler purged the remnants of the party’s more socially and economically radical factions in the mid-1934 Night of the Long Knives and, following the death of President Hindenburg, ultimate authority became increasingly concentrated in his hands. . . ."

(From Wikipedia)

Rwanda
Absolutely meaningless response.

What will Republicans do? Hang on to your hats, folks:

"In Mein Kampf, written in 1924, Hitler outlined the virulent antisemitism and anti-communism that lay at the heart of his political philosophy, as well as his disdain for democracy and his belief in Germany’s right to territorial expansion.

"In 1933, with the support of more traditional right-wing conservatives, Hitler became Chancellor of Germany and the Nazis gradually established a one-party state, under which Jews, political opponents and other "undesirables" elements were marginalised, harassed and eventually imprisoned and killed. Once in power, Hitler purged the remnants of the party’s more socially and economically radical factions in the mid-1934 Night of the Long Knives and, following the death of President Hindenburg, ultimate authority became increasingly concentrated in his hands. . . ."

(From Wikipedia)
Another load of crap, meaningless, response. The hysterics are getting the best of you.

Pass bills that will secure the border, reform the tax structure and rescind the Obamacare Mandate. Force Obama to veto them.

repass the Patriot Act

Just so you will know.

"On May 26, 2011, President Barack Obama signed the PATRIOT Sunsets Extension Act of 2011, a four-year extension of three key provisions in the USA PATRIOT Act: roving wiretaps, searches of business records (the "library records provision"), and conducting surveillance of "lone wolves"—individuals suspected of terrorist-related activities not linked to terrorist groups."
I remember. It is my hope that the democrats and some republicans finally drop the unpatriotic act.

That would require Obama provide the leadership to encourage the Democrats to do so, and if he is interested in doing that he had better hurry while he still has a majority in the Senate. What makes you think that he wants to drop the Patriot Act after being in office almost 6 years and renewing it one time?
I think he's a puppet. If he's told to drop the Un-Patriotic Act he will do so and take credit for ending Bush's nazi like system of treating Americans as the enemy.

The democrats need to do something to take the initiative back. And this would be a good way to do that.

Pass bills that will secure the border, reform the tax structure and rescind the Obamacare Mandate. Force Obama to veto them.

This assume they can get any of that passed over a filibuster or a threat of a filibuster.

repass the Patriot Act

Just so you will know.

We know the Republicans won't do it and doubtful the Dems won't either. And no president is going to give up that power. I tried to warn y'all back when it was first passed. ;)

Obama will not veto more border security, he just wants it tied to an immigration reform bill

A reformed tax structure can be passed, but not one that will reward the wealthy at the expense of working Americans. Any revision to the tax code will take significant compromise from both sides....unlikely to be done

Any attempt to end Obamacare will be DOA and will only increase animosity between the parties

Awesome! They are going to spend money on securing the border while cutting taxes. I can't wait to see that.

Republicans support big business interests. They will NOT, NEVER "secure the borders," because that would stop the supply of low-wage labor and drive up American wages. Republicans will certainly not do that.

Yes, Republicans WILL "reform" the tax structure; since 1980, tax "reform" has reduced taxes for the rich and increased them (through sales and local/state tax increases) on lower income groups.

I DO hope they rescind the Affordable Care Act. I really do, for purely political reasons.

Please describe how "supply side economics" has ever worked in the past.
Sure. Look up a guy named Ronald Reagan. He was a president here in the US.
Reagan is exactly what I refer to. You will find, if you have any economics education at all, that increased tax revenues during his regime coincided with cyclical economic recovery--as it does with every presidency.

Reagan began the era of big government deficits, you know . . . or, don't you?

Reagan is exactly what I refer to. You will find, if you have any economics education at all, that increased tax revenues during his regime coincided with cyclical economic recovery--as it does with every presidency.

Reagan began the era of big government deficits, you know . . . or, don't you?
Wrong. He lowered taxes a LOT and they went up a little. There's no such thing as taxing your way into prosperity. Businesses went up, revenue went up. Spending went up too, due to building up the military and not getting spending decreases he wanted from the Dems.

I was around then so always laugh at self proclaimed economics experts that talk trash about what went on then. The same geniuses that think we've been on the right course lately.

repass the Patriot Act

Just so you will know.

We know the Republicans won't do it and doubtful the Dems won't either. And no president is going to give up that power. I tried to warn y'all back when it was first passed. ;)
Yeah well I was against it from the start. Why? Because I read it.

Forum List

Back