What would have Reagan done?

JakeStarkey

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2009
This made me smiles, but since he ran in Lebanon, I think he would have carried on an air war and supplied the allies, much like Obama.

12359822_10208413166635532_4644300332815552169_n.jpg

He would probably be arming them or their allies. Much like the current establishment is doing.
Probably be arming the "moderate rebels" too.

You bet, TN, that is probably what he would have done, the moderate approach.

Frank does not understand that the war to fight ME extremism is not the way to opposed the USSR.

Frank does not understand that the war to fight ME extremism is not the way to opposed the USSR.
Moderate doesn't mean dumb as fuck Jake.
Arming IS, their friends and a bunch of "rebels" that want to overthrow assad and instill an Islamic state isn't "moderate". It is dumb.
Americans are so fuckin stupid, they think we can keep doing the SAME THING OVER AND OVER AND OVER and expect a different result.
What is the word for that?
I think someone said it last night. Probably Paul. He said" If we would have overthrown Assad a few years ago like everyone wanted, IS would probably control most, if not ALL of Syria by now" or something to that effect.

Jake, you must have confused me with another Frank, maybe your mentor Frank Marshall Davis; I didn't address how Reagan would have handled the ME

Yeah, Frank, you did. The comparison is quite obvious.

Reagan ran = lol

Ask Gorby about Reagan running

Arming IS, their friends and a bunch of "rebels" that want to overthrow assad and instill an Islamic state isn't "moderate". It is dumb.
Americans are so fuckin stupid, they think we can keep doing the SAME THING OVER AND OVER AND OVER and expect a different result.
I think someone said it last night. Probably Paul. He said" If we would have overthrown Assad a few years ago like everyone wanted, IS would probably control most, if not ALL of Syria by now" or something to that effect.
You need some coffee; you are too calm. :lol: So what should be doing? I said a long time ago the best thing would be to withdraw completely. Nearly everybody on the Board screamed at one level or another at that idea. I still would prefer withdrawing.

You need some coffee; you are too calm. :lol: So what should be doing? I said a long time ago the best thing would be to withdraw completely. Nearly everybody on the Board screamed at one level or another at that idea. I still would prefer withdrawing.
lol
Withdraw completely or annihilate IS. One or the other.
I am tired of the bullshit. This 10 bombings a day to kill 2 people that cant run fast enough is bullshit. Our IS strategy is that of a limp wrist. Or someone that is just playing theater.

Just curious, has anyone here ever heard fake criticize Obama?:dunno:

Flakey Roc is whining because he has nothing again. Can't carry the argument, so I, his better in every way, gets attacked. Greater Israel does not need pretend Jews like Flakey Roc; it would disappear.

This made me smiles, but since he ran in Lebanon, I think he would have carried on an air war and supplied the allies, much like Obama.

12359822_10208413166635532_4644300332815552169_n.jpg

It's hard to say what Reagan would have done.

He did get out of Lebanon, as he should have if there was no actual war to fight. Troops as sitting ducks makes no sense and he was smart enough to take the lesson and change his thinking.

He also took full responsibility for the Beirut bombing instead of hanging others out to dry, as some on his staff wanted to do.

After that he also conveyed his rules of engagement:

Reagan Rule 1: The United States should not commit its forces to military actions overseas unless the cause is vital to our national interest.

Reagan Rule 2: If the decision is made to commit our forces to combat abroad, it must be done with the clear intent and support to win. It should not be a halfway or tentative commitment, and there must be clearly defined and realistic objectives.

Reagan Rule 3: Before we commit our troops to combat, there must be reasonable assurance that the cause we are fighting for and the actions we take will have the support of the American people and Congress. (We felt that the Vietnam War had turned into such a tragedy because military action had been undertaken without sufficient assurances that the American people were behind it.)

Reagan Rule 4: Even after all these other tests are met, our troops should be committed to combat only as a last resort, when no other choice is available.

Reagan's Rules for Military Action

So we know what Reagan thought at the time. What would he have done now? That's hard to say, really. The world is a vastly different place, geopolitical and economic power is distributed differently, so the game board, so to speak, isn't the one he was looking at either....

Flakey Roc is whining because he has nothing again. Can't carry the argument, so I, his better in every way, gets attacked. Greater Israel does not need pretend Jews like Flakey Roc; it would disappear.

You're derailing your own thread fake..more medication is needed for you i think

Jeffrey Lord, the article author above, whom I have met, is a former sycophant of Reagan, and, I think, Kemp. The gentlemen suffered (is he still alive?) from confirmation bias of the worst sort. Yes, Reagan learned.

You're derailing your own thread fake..more medication is needed for you i think
Flake, you tried to derail it and got kicked in the butt, which is always your future here.

Reagan would have done what the Obama administration is doing.

Forum List

Back