What would it take to score a date with you?

Someone who knows how to induce and subsequently handle situations like this without cue cards ...

Intelligence. Bonus points if he's smarter than me, but at the very least cannot be measurably less smart.

Sense of humor. Nothing is worse than being bored.

A job and a clear, achievable plan for his life.

Traditional good manners. Call me ahead of time (or text, because I can be hard to get hold of by phone), clearly request a date ("hanging out" doesn't cut it) for a specific day and time with a specific activity, show up on time with a shave (I like facial hair, but if present, it should be clean and well-kept; Grizzly Adams need not apply) and a clean, attractive outfit on and come all the way to my door and knock. If you text me from the driveway, "I'm here", or worse, honk the horn, the date is over. Open doors for me. When the check arrives, pay it without hesitating in hopes that I'll offer to pay half. Bonus points if you bring me flowers.

That sounds wonderful and something that (as a guy) I can totally agree with.

Now for the other question.... what sort of response can he expect from you if he meets that standard.

When I did date...Funny, smart, pretty eyes, and hung. In that order. lol.

Intelligence. Bonus points if he's smarter than me, but at the very least cannot be measurably less smart.

Sense of humor. Nothing is worse than being bored.

A job and a clear, achievable plan for his life.

Traditional good manners. Call me ahead of time (or text, because I can be hard to get hold of by phone), clearly request a date ("hanging out" doesn't cut it) for a specific day and time with a specific activity, show up on time with a shave (I like facial hair, but if present, it should be clean and well-kept; Grizzly Adams need not apply) and a clean, attractive outfit on and come all the way to my door and knock. If you text me from the driveway, "I'm here", or worse, honk the horn, the date is over. Open doors for me. When the check arrives, pay it without hesitating in hopes that I'll offer to pay half. Bonus points if you bring me flowers.

That sounds wonderful and something that (as a guy) I can totally agree with.

Now for the other question.... what sort of response can he expect from you if he meets that standard.

I am a lady, deserving of respect. Treat me as such, and that's what you get.

I am beautiful, intelligent, educated, well-mannered, loyal, and supportive. I can guarantee that being the man I'm with will leave that person feeling good about himself, and leave the men around him feeling envious of him.

In a more in-depth relationship, I both enjoy and am good at cooking, and managing health concerns through diet if that's an issue. I also have, let us say, a variety of other skills and talents that come into play.

I am beautiful, intelligent, educated, well-mannered, loyal, and supportive. I can guarantee that being the man I'm with will leave that person feeling good about himself, and leave the men around him feeling envious of him.

In a more in-depth relationship, I both enjoy and am good at cooking, and managing health concerns through diet if that's an issue. I also have, let us say, a variety of other skills and talents that come into play.

Cecillie, that sounds good. Not a big fan of educated women personally and "other skills and talents" were very low on my list of interests but I'm sure most modern guys eat that stuff up.

Cecillie, that sounds good. Not a big fan of educated women personally and "other skills and talents" were very low on my list of interests but I'm sure most modern guys eat that stuff up.

I spend time exclusively with genius-level men of high education. A woman who could not make conversation or comprehend their jobs and interests would be unattractive to them.

I spend time exclusively with genius-level men of high education. A woman who could not make conversation or comprehend their jobs and interests would be unattractive to them.

I will not claim to be a genius or of higher education. If that's what they want, good for them. Then again I don't discuss politics or things of that order with women most of the time.

I will not claim to be a genius or of higher education. If that's what they want, good for them. Then again I don't discuss politics or things of that order with women most of the time.

Well, I have almost as little tolerance for weak men as I do for stupid ones. A real man will be proud of having an exceptional woman, not need to compete with her or feel superior to her.

Well, I have almost as little tolerance for weak men as I do for stupid ones. A real man will be proud of having an exceptional woman, not need to compete with her or feel superior to her.

A real Man understands and is proud of His place as the Head of the Household and breadwinner and a real woman is proud of her place as the wife and homemaker. That is how I was taught life should be, and how I believe it should be. That doesn't work for everyone, and is a very large part of why it was only 12 days before my 40th birthday that I finally got married for the first (and last) time, last July. Not everyone embraces that philosophy, but any woman who was interested in dating me sure as hell had to. Probably why I never had many second dates.

A real Man understands and is proud of His place as the Head of the Household and breadwinner and a real woman is proud of her place as the wife and homemaker. That is how I was taught life should be, and how I believe it should be. That doesn't work for everyone, and is a very large part of why it was only 12 days before my 40th birthday that I finally got married for the first (and last) time, last July. Not everyone embraces that philosophy, but any woman who was interested in dating me sure as hell had to. Probably why I never had many second dates.

:eek: ... You are married?
Did you hit her over the head with a club and drag her back your cave?

eeek: ... You are married?
Did you hit her over the head with a club and drag her back your cave?.

Yes, I am married to a lovely hispanic woman who is of the same mindset that I am on the division of responsibilities in a relationship. She is a stay at home wife and homemaker. Hopefully one of these days she will add mother to that resume as well. She actually contacted ME on the dating site we were both members of, indicating that she was pleasantly surprised to find a Man who still believed in Traditional relationships. Things went beautifully from there and 30 months later we were married.

Yes, I am married to a lovely hispanic woman who is of the same mindset that I am on the division of responsibilities in a relationship. She is a stay at home wife and homemaker. Hopefully one of these days she will add mother to that resume as well. She actually contacted ME on the dating site we were both members of, indicating that she was pleasantly surprised to find a Man who still believed in Traditional relationships. Things went beautifully from there and 30 months later we were married.

Oh, okay ... I can see that.

Not uncommon at all south of the border ... And you are a lucky fella.
If she takes care of the house to same degree as most of the Hispanic ladies I know ... Then it should be top notch.

Someone who knows how to induce and subsequently handle situations like this without cue cards ...

Looking at the pic, it appears she is the one doing the seducing.......inducing......not that there's anything wrong with that.

I have higher standards than my wife after all I got her and she ended up with me.

Good genetics, clean hygiene, beautiful face, intelligent, physically attractive and fit/ athletic, adventurous and exciting, badass, chill attitude, fun to be around...

Forum List

Back