What Would Jesus Fly?

MARIANNE SAID:

“Here's how Jesus said to evangelize.”

'Jesus' didn't 'say' anything, there was no 'Jesus' as perceived by Christians; the bible was written by men, not a 'god' or 'son of a god,' or any such nonsense.
Money and Religion do not mix

why are all these Pastors being a pain???????????

asking for money???????

they have not heard of the Bible?

and the cleansing of the Temple by Jesus?

so sad so sad!!!!!!!!!!!! walk away............

Money and religion don't mix?

I've never attended a church that doesn't pass around a collection plate. Some are adamant that you give up 10% of your earnings.

Me neither.

Tithing is blackmail. If you don't pay up, you won't go to heaven.

Money is the only reason for religion to exist. Religion was invented as a way to fleece the sheep.
We don't preach tithing. Still many who have come from other congregations do feel obligated to tithe. We do expect regular members to give what they can because the running of the building does have expenses but nobody's getting rich. Not all churches are out for the cash.

Is this one out for cash?

mormon.jpg

Why do people give up their hard earned money to these con men?

Pastor Asks 200,000 Of His Loyal Followers To Give Him $65 Million To Buy New Private Jet

Pastor Creflo Dollar (yes, that’s actually his name) may already own a mansion in Atlanta, a multi-million dollar apartment in New York City and travel in style, but apparently what he could really use is an upgraded private jet. The one he has is old and totally lame. The price tag? Just $65 million.

If that sounds like a lot, Pastor Dollar calculated it out and decided that if just 200,000 people were to hand over $300 a piece to him, the plane would be financed with no problem.

gulfstream-private-jet-g650-1024x768.jpg

Full story @ Addicting Info Pastor Asks 200 000 Of His Loyal Followers To Give Him 65 Million To Buy New Private Jet

car236h5.jpg

So what you are saying is.... you are a racists.

Everyone should now know, with clear and convincing evidence, that Carla is a total racists pig, attacking these poor black people
WCCItaffiCreflopix6.jpg

How dare you racists pigs show your face on this forum.....

Pastor Asks 200,000 Of His Loyal Followers To Give Him $65 Million To Buy New Private Jet

Pastor Creflo Dollar (yes, that’s actually his name) may already own a mansion in Atlanta, a multi-million dollar apartment in New York City and travel in style, but apparently what he could really use is an upgraded private jet. The one he has is old and totally lame. The price tag? Just $65 million.

If that sounds like a lot, Pastor Dollar calculated it out and decided that if just 200,000 people were to hand over $300 a piece to him, the plane would be financed with no problem.

Full story @ Addicting Info Pastor Asks 200 000 Of His Loyal Followers To Give Him 65 Million To Buy New Private Jet

car236h5.jpg

So what you are saying is.... you are a racists.

Everyone should now know, with clear and convincing evidence, that Carla is a total racists pig, attacking these poor black people
WCCItaffiCreflopix6.jpg

How dare you racists pigs show your face on this forum.....

Meh, what an ignorant post.

MARIANNE SAID:

“Here's how Jesus said to evangelize.”

'Jesus' didn't 'say' anything, there was no 'Jesus' as perceived by Christians; the bible was written by men, not a 'god' or 'son of a god,' or any such nonsense.
Money and Religion do not mix

why are all these Pastors being a pain???????????

asking for money???????

they have not heard of the Bible?

and the cleansing of the Temple by Jesus?

so sad so sad!!!!!!!!!!!! walk away............

Money and religion don't mix?

I've never attended a church that doesn't pass around a collection plate. Some are adamant that you give up 10% of your earnings.

Me neither.

Tithing is blackmail. If you don't pay up, you won't go to heaven.

Money is the only reason for religion to exist. Religion was invented as a way to fleece the sheep.
We don't preach tithing. Still many who have come from other congregations do feel obligated to tithe. We do expect regular members to give what they can because the running of the building does have expenses but nobody's getting rich. Not all churches are out for the cash.

Is this one out for cash?

mormon.jpg
I can't say as I don't see their financial reports but I don't see the point of such a big elaborate building. Then again most people do like nice buildings. Our church recently went through a renovation because people literally said to us that they thought out message was good but the building was awful. I have to admit the 1950's kitchen,tile and toilets really did need replacing. We live in an area where there are many fancy and/or modern churches with nice facilities so even though it shouldn't have mattered because everything was functional, it still mattered. Even so, we kept the reno simple,affordable and functional. We also added an elevator to bring it up to code and finally paved the parking lot. I have to admit it's nice not having to step In mud this time of year.

I'd like to point out that even the America Atheists Organization has a place for donations on their web site.

Donate American Atheists

DONATE NOW
American Atheists relies on your generosity to protect the absolute separation of religion from government. From our courtroom fights to our innovative public relations campaigns and educational work, American Atheists is the leading voice for atheism and the civil rights of atheists in the United States.

Make a tax-deductible gift today to help American Atheists keep fighting to protect our rights and advocate for reason, rationality, and reality.

Donations to American Atheists are tax-deductible to full extent allowed by law. More information is available here.

DONATION INFORMATION
Amount:
$50.00
$100.00
$250.00
$500.00
$1,000.00
$
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Anonymous: I prefer to make this donation anonymously
BILLING INFORMATION
Title: Mr. Ms. Mrs. Dr. Miss Master Prof. The Honorable Judge Rabbi Reverend Sister Father Brother Lt. Capt. Major Cmdr. Col. Admiral General Ambassador Senator Governor Sir Madam Sir/Madam Drs. Pastor Rev.
First name: *
Last name: *
Country: United States Canada United Kingdom Australia Germany France Finland Iceland *
Address lines: *
City: *
State: <Please Select> AA AE AL AK AB AS AP AZ AR ACT BC CA CZ CO CT DE DC FM FL GA GU HI ID IL IN IA KS KY LA ME MB MH MD MA MI MN MS MO MT NE NV NB NH NJ NM NSW NY NL -- NC ND MP NT NS NU OH OK ON OR PW PA PE PR QC QLD RI SK SC SD TN TX UT VT Vic VI VA WA WV WI WY YT N/A *
ZIP: *
Phone:
Email: *
PAYMENT INFORMATION
Cardholder's Name: *
Credit Card Number: *
Card Type: Visa American Express Discover MasterCard *
Card Expiration:
01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 / 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024 2025 2026 2027 2028 2029
Card Security Code:
help-32_1.gif

It is this kind of preacher that gives preaches a bad name.
The sad thing here is that there are people that actually buy into his shit and send him money than cannot afford.
Not sure how to stop this type of crap because you can't do anything when mental midgets send money to the con man on their own free will.

The sad thing here is that there are people that actually buy into his shit and send him money than cannot afford.
Not sure how to stop this type of crap because you can't do anything when mental midgets send money to the con man on their own free will.
Normally I would say that the rest of the brethren I.E. Catholics,Protestants,Mormons etc. should speak out but unfortunately people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

car236h5.jpg

What is the big deal? The Clintons do this stuff all the time.

Pilot Rips Claim by Creflo Dollar Ministries That It Needs 65 Million Luxury Airplane to Carry 100 000 Pounds of Food

Pilot Rips Claim by Creflo Dollar Ministries That It Needs $65 Million Luxury Airplane to Carry '100,000 Pounds of Food'

BY LEONARDO BLAIR , CP REPORTER
March 14, 2015|10:35 am
creflo-dollar-airplane.jpg
(PHOTO: FACEBOOK; GULFSTREAM.COM)

Televangelist Creflo Dollar (l) and the luxury jet (r) he is asking the public to purchase for his ministry.

A veteran pilot from Rock Hill, South Carolina, said rubbish to claims by Creflo Dollar Ministries on Friday that the effort to purchase a new $65 million luxury Gulfstream G650 airplane is needed by the ministry to transport "100,000 pounds of food," and staff members across the world to spread the love of Jesus.

The organization headed by popular televangelist Creflo Dollar, who is also founder of World Changers Church International, came under fire this week after The Christian Post first reported on their online campaign asking 200,000 people to donate $300 or more each to facilitate the purchase of the luxury airplane once described as the "holy grail of private jets" in a Bloomberg report.

Creflo Dollar Now Flying 'Commercial,' Says Ministry; but He Still Needs That M Luxury Plane to Carry Food and People

Televangelist Creflo Dollar Needs 200,000 People to Donate 0 Each So He Can Buy M Ministry Plane
"You're missing the point. The plane is not so Creflo Dollar can get on by himself and fly. They take a ministry team of 10 to 15 people with them. They take thousands of pounds of food and provisions with them when they go around the world. If he's coming to the New York church, he'll hop on a Delta flight; if he's taking 12 people plus 100,000 pounds of food, it's not that simple," Engelmayer explained.

David Graham, Global Express aircraft captain with Advanced Air Management, which "specializes in the management of long-range business jets owned by individuals and entities desiring the opportunity to offset the cost of ownership through private charter," decried the explanation by Dollar's media representative as nonsense in an email message to CP late Friday.

"The G650 MAX RAMP WEIGHT is 99,600# then add 4,000# for the G650ER. IT CANNOT CARRY 12 PEOPLE AND 1000,000 # OF FOODAND SUPPLIES LIKE THE COMMENTER SAYS!!!! CREFLO IS A CROOK AND SCAMMIN (sic) HIS CHURCH IN THE NAME OF THE LORD!!!" wrote an incensed Graham.

On his LinkedIn profile he explains: "I have an extensive knowledge of the Corporate Aviation Industry. My experience ranges from Chief Pilot to Line Captain with Worldwide Operations. Part 91 and Part 135."

Gulfstream, the manufacturer of the G650, also highlights on its website that the aircraft "flies at more than 92 percent of the speed of sound," holds about 18 seated passengers and can take off with a maximum weight of 99,600 pounds.

The company also lists a pre-owned G650 with a flight record of 1,616 hours and 625 landings since it entered service in last December for $67,950,000.

As of Friday afternoon, the link to the $65 million campaign was no longer functional and appeared with a message stating that the link "could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable."

Engelmayer could not confirm if Dollar had abandoned his appeal for $65 million or the mission to get a new jet, but said his client was currently traveling via "commercial" flights.

"Whatever he has to [use to travel], you know, commercial transportation," he said almost grudgingly.

Yep just flip through christian television 24/7 an there they are

I'd like to point out that even the America Atheists Organization has a place for donations on their web site.

Donate American Atheists

DONATE NOW
American Atheists relies on your generosity to protect the absolute separation of religion from government. From our courtroom fights to our innovative public relations campaigns and educational work, American Atheists is the leading voice for atheism and the civil rights of atheists in the United States.

Make a tax-deductible gift today to help American Atheists keep fighting to protect our rights and advocate for reason, rationality, and reality.

Donations to American Atheists are tax-deductible to full extent allowed by law. More information is available here.

DONATION INFORMATION
Amount:
$50.00
$100.00
$250.00
$500.00
$1,000.00
$
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
BILLING INFORMATION
Title: Mr. Ms. Mrs. Dr. Miss Master Prof. The Honorable Judge Rabbi Reverend Sister Father Brother Lt. Capt. Major Cmdr. Col. Admiral General Ambassador Senator Governor Sir Madam Sir/Madam Drs. Pastor Rev.
Country: United States Canada United Kingdom Australia Germany France Finland Iceland *
State: <Please Select> AA AE AL AK AB AS AP AZ AR ACT BC CA CZ CO CT DE DC FM FL GA GU HI ID IL IN IA KS KY LA ME MB MH MD MA MI MN MS MO MT NE NV NB NH NJ NM NSW NY NL -- NC ND MP NT NS NU OH OK ON OR PW PA PE PR QC QLD RI SK SC SD TN TX UT VT Vic VI VA WA WV WI WY YT N/A *
Phone:
PAYMENT INFORMATION
Card Expiration:
01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 / 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024 2025 2026 2027 2028 2029
Card Security Code:
help-32_1.gif

and they are on tv 24/7? who knew

Donate American Atheists

DONATE NOW

DONATION INFORMATION
Amount:
$50.00
$100.00
$250.00
$500.00
$1,000.00
$
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
BILLING INFORMATION
Phone:
PAYMENT INFORMATION
Card Expiration:
Card Security Code:
help-32_1.gif

It's an organization, not a church. I don't even know why you'd find this similar to tithing.

AIMS AND PRINCIPLES
American Atheists, Inc. is a nonprofit, nonpolitical, educational organization dedicated to the complete and absolute separation of state and church, accepting the explanation of Thomas Jefferson that the First Amendment to the Constitution of the United States was meant to create a "wall of separation" between state and church.

American Atheists, Inc., is organized

• to stimulate and promote freedom of thought and inquiry concerning religious beliefs, creeds, dogmas, tenets, rituals, and practices;
      • to collect and disseminate information, data, and literature on all religions and promote a more thorough understanding of them, their origins, and their histories;
      • to advocate, labor for, and promote in all lawful ways the complete and absolute separation of state and church;
      • to advocate, labor for, and promote in all lawful ways the establishment and maintenance of a thoroughly secular system of education available to all;
      • to encourage the development and public acceptance of a humane ethical system stressing the mutual sympathy, understanding, and interdependence of all people and the corresponding responsibility of each individual in relation to society;
      • to develop and propagate a social philosophy in which humankind is central and must itself be the source of strength, progress, and ideals for the well-being and happiness of humanity;
      • to promote the study of the arts and sciences and of all problems affecting the maintenance, perpetuation, and enrichment of human (and other) life;
      • to engage in such social, educational, legal, and cultural activity as will be useful and beneficial to the members of American Atheists and to society as a whole.

Last edited:
science isn't a belief, christers have hard time with that concept
Science isn't always correct. It is subject to interpretation of the corporations that pay for and put it out. I.E. It was once thought asbestos and Thalidomide were safe. Atheists have a hard time with that concept.

The lets put the Bibles up for peer review and hold it to the same standards as science.

Forum List

Back