What would Liberals eat?

"On any given school
day, the calorie level for the meal may
fall outside of the minimum and
maximum levels as long as the average
number of calories for the week is
within the required range."

What if the hungry kid isn't there on the high calorie day?

Oh, and they admit to a reduction in calories:

"The final rule will also
limit certain fats and reduce calories
and sodium in school meals."

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2012-01-26/pdf/2012-1010.pdf

Are we going to insert little computer chips which track how many calories a student eats per week so the school can cut them off once they've hit their limits...or force feed them if they are way below the minimum?

back for more eh dumb dumb?

Do you acknowledge that a school can in fact feed its students as much of whatever as it wants?

Certainly they can, if they don't take federal subsidies.

Moron.

Then why have you been bitching in this thread that the new plan is starving kids? Idiot

Here's a little story about that: No.

I am not going to go back through this thread and point out every time you misrepresented my posts. That's your personal problem, not mine.

I didn't ask you to go back throuh the thread. I asked you to point out any single think I've said that you claimed was a lie.

You of course can NOT do that because EVERY thing I've posted is factual and truthful and backed up by links and you don't know anything about this program .

images

I am saying what I said.

That we were told children were starving, and needed to receive more food, thus justifying more funding for the school programs.

As soon as the funding was received, suddenly the children weren't starving, they're obese, and we need to use more money to CUT the calories (and the calories have been reduced).

Most poor kids don't get to school early enough to eat the breakfasts they offer. They stop serving them before the last buses come in.

So what was the purpose of the huge increase in lunch program c
"On any given school

Are we going to insert little computer chips which track how many calories a student eats per week so the school can cut them off once they've hit their limits...or force feed them if they are way below the minimum?

Statists would love that.

I bet DumberThan has already allowed himself to be federally chipped.

Yes, yes. Noting that you are a dumb fuck who doesn't understand the program you are bitching abut CERTAINLY points to me being lojacked by the government.

:rofl:

I am saying what I said.

That we were told children were starving, and needed to receive more food, thus justifying more funding for the school programs.

As soon as the funding was received, suddenly the children weren't starving, they're obese, and we need to use more money to CUT the calories (and the calories have been reduced).

Most poor kids don't get to school early enough to eat the breakfasts they offer. They stop serving them before the last buses come in.

"On any given school

Once again. The school my child JUST enrolled in serves breakfast until 9 AM. Classes start at 8:15. Why are kids not getting to school before classes start? Oh, you're school doesn't serve breakfast after school starts, go to your local school board and complain....

And the most favoured food for liberals is rucola, (or that word you call it)
After Michelle closed down half of DC to go to the organic farmers' market.

I think she bought some potatoes too.

I am saying what I said.

"On any given school

Once again. The school my child JUST enrolled in serves breakfast until 9 AM. Classes start at 8:15. Why are kids not getting to school before classes start? Oh, you're school doesn't serve breakfast after school starts, go to your local school board and complain....

In my school, classes start at 8:30
They pull breakfast at 8:15.

Late bus kids, or kids who are habitually late (generally speaking, the *hungry* kids) miss out.

I am saying what I said.

"On any given school

In my school, classes start at 8:30
They pull breakfast at 8:15.

Late bus kids, or kids who are habitually late (generally speaking, the *hungry* kids) miss out.

go to your school board and complain, THEY are the ones who decide which hours to serve breakfast, lunch, and or dinner in some cases. Heck our school starts serving lunch at 10:30 simply because the school doesn't have enough cafeteria space to serve everyone from 11-1

I don't care, because my kids aren't *hungry* and don't get their primary calories from the school. Which is true of most kids.

Because the whole "children are hungry/starving" lie was just that. A lie.

I don't care, because my kids aren't *hungry* and don't get their primary calories from the school. Which is true of most kids.

Because the whole "children are hungry/starving" lie was just that. A lie.

It's NOT a lie to say that children go hungry in this country. It IS a lie to say this program is the only fix, I"ll give you that.

They wouldn't be seen dead eating this:

nutella-and-bacon-stuffed-french-toast-63.jpg
You are going to make Michelle sick just by looking at the picture.

Actually, she's get the white house chef to make some. They aren't on the Michelle O lunch plan.

You know, the WH pastry chef quit and in an interview he said that he had given up trying to find substitutions for butter, cream and sugar.

Must not be much of a chef-- I use subs for cream and sugar every morning in my coffee and have done so for years. I don't believe in butter substitutes but they're out there in every store I've ever seen...

Actually, she's get the white house chef to make some. They aren't on the Michelle O lunch plan.

You know, the WH pastry chef quit and in an interview he said that he had given up trying to find substitutions for butter, cream and sugar.

Must not be much of a chef-- I use subs for cream and sugar every morning in my coffee and have done so for years. I don't believe in butter substitutes but they're out there in every store I've ever seen...

I am diabetic and love to bake. Sugar substitutes have drawbacks for baking -- too dry, cakes don't rise the same or have the same volume, taste is not the same.

As far as cream, you can sometimes get away with half and half in sauces but you do sacrifice taste.

I can understand why a professional baker would be frustrated.

I am diabetic and love to bake. Sugar substitutes have drawbacks for baking -- too dry, cakes don't rise the same or have the same volume, taste is not the same.

As far as cream, you can sometimes get away with half and half in sauces but you do sacrifice taste.

Have you tried this stuff?

SustaBowl-front2-150x150.jpg

It's spoonable, like sugar, doesn't cake, and is quite sweet. This is not what I use in my coffee (I use agave syrup) but it gets rave reviews for baking. Haven't baked with it myself yet but it doesn't have the bitter aftertaste of stevia.

For creamer or milk/cream ingredients I use soy (or sometimes almond or flax milk) and it works just fine.

It's spoonable, like sugar, doesn't cake, and is quite sweet. This is not what I use in my coffee (I use agave syrup) but it gets rave reviews for baking. Haven't baked with it myself yet but it doesn't have the bitter aftertaste of stevia.

For creamer or milk/cream ingredients I use soy (or sometimes almond or flax milk) and it works just fine.

I've tried Splenda which is also sweet, in fact too sweet. It's not the cakiness, it's the chemical properties.

Soy has a definite off taste. Wouldn't work well in things like sauces or custards, either.

"On any given school

Do you acknowledge that a school can in fact feed its students as much of whatever as it wants?

Moron.

Then why have you been bitching in this thread that the new plan is starving kids? Idiot

And here you are again with the Lousy Reading Comprehension and Misrepresentation.

I pointed out that the plan was inadequate for physically active kids, especially those involved in athletics programs.

But morons like you can only handle one concept at a time...which is why you favor One Size Fits All choices.

I've tried Splenda which is also sweet, in fact too sweet. It's not the cakiness, it's the chemical properties.

Soy has a definite off taste. Wouldn't work well in things like sauces or custards, either.

Oh I agree about Splenda. I wouldn't touch that stuff any more than saccharin or aspartame. I believe this product is completely natural though.

I've never perceived a taste out of soy (or almond, flax or coconout) milk if it's unflavored. And I get the unsweetened versions whenever possible -- that way when I leave town and home home it's still usable since it doesn't carry its own bacteria feeder. Lot of that going around as any diabetic knows.

"On any given school

Moron.

And here you are again with the Lousy Reading Comprehension and Misrepresentation.

I pointed out that the plan was inadequate for physically active kids, especially those involved in athletics programs.

But morons like you can only handle one concept at a time...which is why you favor One Size Fits All choices.

I haven't misinterpreted anything you've said . You're just stupid.

Active kid can be fed what the fuck ever a school wants to feed them.

Please link me to where "active" kids were getting 3,000 calories a day at school before this

Here's an idea if your kid needs 3,000 calories pack them a garbage bag lunch.

Forum List

Back