What would Liberals eat?

You dope , I proved CONCLUSIVELY that you could serve 8 ounces of macaroni and cheese with 5.5 ounces of tuna , a salad , and a milk and fall within the guidelines.

Oh God... might as well just never bother eating again if I need a scale and a calculator to make my lunch.

We're talking about school provided lunches here.

Pack your kid a fatty mcfatty double with extra bacon, extra cheese and a side of lard if you wish. I don't believe that is any of the school or government's business.

Maybe you're right. Portion control and calorie counting should be a priority for poor kids who don't get enough food and need subsidized lunches. :rolleyes:

I tried explaining this last night.

If you go look at the standards, yes the kids get less calories per meal, but they are now getting TWO meals and a snack, rather than all the calories coming in one meal. The total calorie count for the day is actually up.

ANY decent nutritionist will tell you that 2 smaller meals and a snack in between is healthier than one large meal.

I think the perfect lunch is 3.7 ounces of multigrain rice, 8.039 ounces of celery dipped in 2.618 onces of non-fat yogurt, 7.005889 ounces of dry oatmeal, 24.3456345 divided by 3.145578 ounces of carrots multiplied by the square root of pie for desert.

That sounds like the perfect DumberThanAnAverageAmoeba menu!

where were football players previously getting 3,000 calorie meals at school?

More inadequate reading comprehension. I said 3,000+ calories per day, not meal.

It looks like you are determined to exceed 100 posts per day. Too bad you are focusing on quantity instead of quality. Loser.

You dope , I proved CONCLUSIVELY that you could serve 8 ounces of macaroni and cheese with 5.5 ounces of tuna , a salad , and a milk and fall within the guidelines.

Oh God... might as well just never bother eating again if I need a scale and a calculator to make my lunch.

Pack your kid a fatty mcfatty double with extra bacon, extra cheese and a side of lard if you wish. I don't believe that is any of the school or government's business.

Maybe you're right. Portion control and calorie counting should be a priority for poor kids who don't get enough food and need subsidized lunches. :rolleyes:

If you go look at the standards, yes the kids get less calories per meal, but they are now getting TWO meals and a snack, rather than all the calories coming in one meal. The total calorie count for the day is actually up.

ANY decent nutritionist will tell you that 2 smaller meals and a snack in between is healthier than one large meal.

I think the perfect lunch is 3.7 ounces of multigrain rice, 8.039 ounces of celery dipped in 2.618 onces of non-fat yogurt, 7.005889 ounces of dry oatmeal, 24.3456345 divided by 3.145578 ounces of carrots multiplied by the square root of pie for desert.

Who's going to weigh all that stuff out ? You have to be an adult to enjoy celery.

Oh, kids like celery if you stuff it with fattening peanut butter...which is forbidden in many schools due to a handful of kids having peanut allergies.

More inadequate reading comprehension. I said 3,000+ calories per day, not meal.

It looks like you are determined to exceed 100 posts per day. Too bad you are focusing on quantity instead of quality. Loser.

no, no you didn't. You were bitching about ONE meal , you didn't even realize that there was a second meal and a snack available until I pointed it out, and a rereading of the thread verifies that for anyone who wonders.

Why are you dishonest? You simply didn't understand the new standards and instead of saying so you've dug yourself into a deeper hole, Like with the "no cheesy sauce" comments that you later tried to say "oh well I meant they can have them but only in tiny portions" even though that is clear that that is NOT what you said AND I proved to you that high school kids could have an 8 oz portion of cheesy macaroni and cheese plus 5.5 ounces of tuna.

Then you stupidly went o about "no kids will eat tuna without mayo" when certainly they will, tuna mac is but one of a thousand recipes I can think of with tuna that doesn't involve mayo.

Now, back to you're stupid "I want 3,000 calories a day" rant. Where in the fuck were any kids getting 3,000 calories of food a day from a school before this new policy? Oh that's right NOWHERE. so you're complain that they now can't have 3,000 calories is STUPID.

Oh and by the way moron, to further the fucking point,,your school can serve your kids TEN THOUSAND calories a day if they wan't. They simply won't be reimbursed by OVS.

You ma'am are an idiot., I mean my God, just admit you didn't understand this program and move on.

no, no you didn't. You were bitching about ONE meal , you didn't even realize that there was a second meal and a snack available until I pointed it out, and a rereading of the thread verifies that for anyone who wonders.

Why are you dishonest? You simply didn't understand the new standards and instead of saying so you've dug yourself into a deeper hole, Like with the "no cheesy sauce" comments that you later tried to say "oh well I meant they can have them but only in tiny portions" even though that is clear that that is NOT what you said AND I proved to you that high school kids could have an 8 oz portion of cheesy macaroni and cheese plus 5.5 ounces of tuna.

Then you stupidly went o about "no kids will eat tuna without mayo" when certainly they will, tuna mac is but one of a thousand recipes I can think of with tuna that doesn't involve mayo.

Now, back to you're stupid "I want 3,000 calories a day" rant. Where in the fuck were any kids getting 3,000 calories of food a day from a school before this new policy? Oh that's right NOWHERE. so you're complain that they now can't have 3,000 calories is STUPID.

Oh and by the way moron, to further the fucking point,,your school can serve your kids TEN THOUSAND calories a day if they wan't. They simply won't be reimbursed by OVS.

You ma'am are an idiot., I mean my God, just admit you didn't understand this program and move on.

Here. I'll respond in a language you should understand: Your a LAIR!

Here. I'll respond in a language you should understand: Your a LAIR!

Point out my lies. Let's start small. Point out the lies in the post you quoted and called me a liar, THEN prove they were lies.

I'll wait....

Here's a little story about that: No.

I am not going to go back through this thread and point out every time you misrepresented my posts. That's your personal problem, not mine.

I am not going to go back through this thread and point out every time you misrepresented my posts. That's your personal problem, not mine.

I didn't ask you to go back throuh the thread. I asked you to point out any single think I've said that you claimed was a lie.

You of course can NOT do that because EVERY thing I've posted is factual and truthful and backed up by links and you don't know anything about this program .

Here's what you don't understand

A school could serve everyone on the football team an OVS approved lunch that met the standards for reimbursement, they could supplement that with an entire roasted chicken and 2 lbs of mashed potatoes for each player with stuffing and gravy and roll, and that would be 100% doable. It says RIGHT IN THE STANDARDS that YOU linked to that that is okay. The thing is though the school would NOT be reimbursed for any items that fall outside the OVS guidelines.

That is all right there in the program you are bitching about if you'd cool your jets and take five minutes to read it.I've pointed out EXACTLY were in document that is found and cut and pasted for you since you're obviously too lazy to look it yourself.

Why are you being so stubborn? Is it really impossible to say "hey Bear, I was wrong?"

Healthy food for Sidwell Friends, the Right hates that.

Democrats are into elites.

All parties are into elites. It's the elites that have more time, money, education and contacts necessary to make a go at politics

We're talking which school kids get edible, "good for them" food.

Actually, let's talk about which school kids get good schools. Democrats don't like vouchers and charters.

I didn't ask you to go back throuh the thread. I asked you to point out any single think I've said that you claimed was a lie.

You of course can NOT do that because EVERY thing I've posted is factual and truthful and backed up by links and you don't know anything about this program .

Here's what you don't understand

A school could serve everyone on the football team an OVS approved lunch that met the standards for reimbursement, they could supplement that with an entire roasted chicken and 2 lbs of mashed potatoes for each player with stuffing and gravy and roll, and that would be 100% doable. It says RIGHT IN THE STANDARDS that YOU linked to that that is okay. The thing is though the school would NOT be reimbursed for any items that fall outside the OVS guidelines.

That is all right there in the program you are bitching about if you'd cool your jets and take five minutes to read it.I've pointed out EXACTLY were in document that is found and cut and pasted for you since you're obviously too lazy to look it yourself.

Why are you being so stubborn? Is it really impossible to say "hey Bear, I was wrong?"

^ @boedicca really? can't come back and admit you were wrong?

Sheesh

And typically, they are obsessed with eating food that is highly likely to be contaminated with human feces as well. I don't know why they are that way, but they are.

Forum List

Back