What would Liberals eat?

The best tuna sammich is one with a small amount of mayo..and a LOT of green olive in it! It's super delish!

Perhaps not for the kidlets though.

That sounds yummy. I put plain tuna on a salad, and then dress with oil and vinegar. I'm going to try the olives next time!

You dope , I proved CONCLUSIVELY that you could serve 8 ounces of macaroni and cheese with 5.5 ounces of tuna , a salad , and a milk and fall within the guidelines.

Oh God... might as well just never bother eating again if I need a scale and a calculator to make my lunch.

We're talking about school provided lunches here.

Pack your kid a fatty mcfatty double with extra bacon, extra cheese and a side of lard if you wish. I don't believe that is any of the school or government's business.

Maybe you're right. Portion control and calorie counting should be a priority for poor kids who don't get enough food and need subsidized lunches. :rolleyes:

I tried explaining this last night.

If you go look at the standards, yes the kids get less calories per meal, but they are now getting TWO meals and a snack, rather than all the calories coming in one meal. The total calorie count for the day is actually up.

ANY decent nutritionist will tell you that 2 smaller meals and a snack in between is healthier than one large meal.

You dope , I proved CONCLUSIVELY that you could serve 8 ounces of macaroni and cheese with 5.5 ounces of tuna , a salad , and a milk and fall within the guidelines.

Oh God... might as well just never bother eating again if I need a scale and a calculator to make my lunch.

Pack your kid a fatty mcfatty double with extra bacon, extra cheese and a side of lard if you wish. I don't believe that is any of the school or government's business.

Maybe you're right. Portion control and calorie counting should be a priority for poor kids who don't get enough food and need subsidized lunches. :rolleyes:

If you go look at the standards, yes the kids get less calories per meal, but they are now getting TWO meals and a snack, rather than all the calories coming in one meal. The total calorie count for the day is actually up.

ANY decent nutritionist will tell you that 2 smaller meals and a snack in between is healthier than one large meal.

I think the perfect lunch is 3.7 ounces of multigrain rice, 8.039 ounces of celery dipped in 2.618 onces of non-fat yogurt, 7.005889 ounces of dry oatmeal, 24.3456345 divided by 3.145578 ounces of carrots multiplied by the square root of pie for desert.

I think the perfect lunch is 3.7 ounces of multigrain rice, 8.039 ounces of celery dipped in 2.618 onces of non-fat yogurt, 7.005889 ounces of dry oatmeal, 24.3456345 divided by 3.145578 ounces of carrots multiplied by the square root of pie for desert.

why would you divide by the square root of 3.14216?

If they are truly hungry, the NUMBER of tiny meals doesn't matter.

The caloric count does.

And no, not all kids do get TWO meals. Most kids don't come in for the breakfasts. Most of the *hungry* kids miss out on breakfast because their parents don't get them to school early enough to eat it. They quit serving it well before all the bussed kids get in.

The caloric count does.

and the caloric count is UP if kids eat both meals and the snack.

why would you divide by the square root of 3.14216?
Because I'm going to the beach this weekend :badgrin:

i see that @boedicca decided to back out of this thread. Not gracefully but ....

Seriously it cracks me up when someone so thoroughly gets destroyed and can't admit it.
Ya mean like posting something as stupid as like driving a car is a right and not a privilege?

Sorry, couldn't help myself. :eusa_dance:

And no, not all kids do get TWO meals. Most kids don't come in for the breakfasts. Most of the *hungry* kids miss out on breakfast because their parents don't get them to school early enough to eat it. They quit serving it well before all the bussed kids get in.

As I've always said. SHITTY PARENTS

The caloric count does.

and the caloric count is UP if kids eat both meals and the snack.

Most kids don't.

The whole reason we paid MORE into the lunch program was to INCREASE the amount of food available. NOT to decrease it, and just spread it out over 2 meals, one of which most of the so-called *hungry* kids NEVER eat.

You tapped us for $$ to subsidize shitty parenting.

So fucking subsidize it instead of trying to kill them off. Though honestly, I fully comprehend the real motive behind the reduced calories.

So fucking subsidize it instead of trying to kill them off. Though honestly, I fully comprehend the real motive behind the reduced calories.

Actually , given my druthers I would close down school cafeterias.

Actually , given my druthers I would close down school cafeterias.

I wasn't too impressed with them.

Of course you would.

What does that even mean?

Of course I would. I just said I would. Cafeterias cost a lot of money that could be better spent educating kids.

Poor people already receive SNAP which is SUPPOSED to include feeding their kids. let them pack SNAP lunches for kids.

If you don't pack your kids a lunch you get charged with neglect, problem solved.

That sounds like the perfect DumberThanAnAverageAmoeba menu!

where were football players previously getting 3,000 calorie meals at school?

Who's going to weigh all that stuff out ? You have to be an adult to enjoy celery.

Forum List

Back