What Would the Founders Think of Defunding Obamacare?

I think the FF would be appalled at the idea of Govt being in the HC business.

The Fed Govt was supposed to be small not the huge behemouth it is today.

I also doubt they would like taxpayers being forced to assume the responsibility for taking care of others. There is no Charity in the constitution. People were supposed to take care of themselves.
If the FF could see the USA of today they would turn over in their graves.

That's untrue.

The Constitution recognizes the role government has in taking care of it's citizens in the preamble and the first clause of section 8.

But..

Since you brought it up...why is it that if man, as a species, is meant to rely solely on themselves, why do we form collectives?

Why aren't we more like Grizzly Bears or Cougars?

:eusa_shifty:

I also doubt they would like taxpayers being forced to assume the responsibility for taking care of others. There is no Charity in the constitution. People were supposed to take care of themselves.

Right that's why the constitution starts off with "We the people.." It's obviously all about individualism. Solid analysis...really.

There's that little "General Welfare" thing as well.. :eusa_shifty:

Nope.

The wording is " is to PROMOTE the general welfare" not provide it.

Big difference between promoting something and providing something.

These are the same authors of the Constitution who pitched a bitch when some of them wanted to give French emegrees ten thousand dollars to help then get started in the new world AFTER the French helped us gain our independence.

Nope. No charity in the constitution and We the People are supposed to take care of ourselves.

What the hell?

"The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States..."

Nope.

These are the same authors of the Constitution who pitched a bitch when some of them wanted to give French emegrees ten thousand dollars to help then get started in the new world AFTER the French helped us gain our independence.

Nope. No charity in the constitution and We the People are supposed to take care of ourselves.
Bullshit! Here's the actual text...

"...provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States..."

Fuck your bullshit "promote" bullshit!

Obama has given us an Eastern European, part time underground economy

Nice work, Barry

Nope.

Bullshit! Here's the actual text...

"...provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States..."

Fuck your bullshit "promote" bullshit!

Bullshit my ass.

Here it is as well in the Pramble:

We the people , of the United States, in order to form a more perfect Union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, PROMOTE the general welfare, and secure the blessing of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this constitution for the United States of America.

Guess it all depends on how much you want one group of people paying the way for another.

Right that's why the constitution starts off with "We the people.." It's obviously all about individualism. Solid analysis...really.

There's that little "General Welfare" thing as well.. :eusa_shifty:

notice that it says GENERAL welfare......that does not mean INDIVIDUAL welfare.....:eusa_hand:

Obama has given us an Eastern European, part time underground economy

Nice work, Barry

you are wrong. There is no uniformity in the EE economies - some are growing like crazy - the ones which are as far from leftard policies as it can be ( Poland, Slovakia, Czech republic) and some, which are stuck in leftist policies are stagnating - Hungary being a perfect example.

Obama has given us a soviet economy, to extent.

our founders would never have allowed it to become law in the first place. :up:

those fucking assholes we have today who allowed it to become law should be hung on the steps of the capitol ... :up:

I agree. No way would the FF have pushed laws that force one group of people to support another.

No way would tax money, other peoples money, be used to support individuals in any way shape or form. The colonists were tough as nails and took care of themselves just like everyone in the USA should be doing.

They fought and died to free this country from bondage, now this country has freely returned to it. They would want to get rid of it.

Really?

Funny, the Founding Fathers kept slavery... so at least PART of the country stayed in Bondage.

Not that I would take the advice of people who thought bleeding was a valid medical treatment for strep throat on how to manage health care in the 21st century.

why isn't this moved to Healthcare discussion.. all of my posts are immediately moved off political?

why isn't this moved to Healthcare discussion.. all of my posts are immediately moved off political?

Maybe you don't know the right mods, you also don't have to cry/snitch in public, there is a flag to yo right--->

I'll even help you out, HEY, is there a mod that wants to move this for "healthmyths" go ahead, you have my permission...:eusa_angel:

I think the founding fathers would see it like this. One party doesn't like a law passed by Congress so that party takes action to insurance that the administration can not fulfill it's responsibility to implement and enforce the law.

What the Founders thought is immaterial.

Kinda like you Snarkey...:lol:

Yup, it hurts to be you on the far right: you simply will not count next year or in 2016.

Snarkey, I'M upper center, not any party...:eusa_shhh:

1017267_518357624886855_1209497408_n.png

Forum List

Back