What would YOU do?

Jackson, a gun is like a parachute.

If you need it, and don't have it, you probably won't need it ever again.

Good thing you didn't have a gun at the time. Things seemed to turn out pretty okay :thup:

Maybe. Odds are the bad guy attacked and murdered someone else. That's what they do.

BS of course but consider the thinking here -

Yelling at someone is now considered an offense punishable by death?

And, according to westwall, what someone might do is also a capital offense?

Just like the kids playing loud music, the black motorist who followed the cop's instructions to get his license out, the black passenger who reached to the back seat to get his license, the black kid gunned down for assault and on and on and on and on.

Fact is, to some people being black is a crime that deserves death.

Just curious with this scenario which is also a true story.

I was managing an apartment complex (one of many over the years when I was much younger) and as I walked the car parking spaces, I always checked the overhead storage bins that hung out a bit over the hood of vehicles parked there by the tenants. Some had them padlocked..some didn't bother.

Well, one day, I was walking the grounds and just checking to make sure tenants were parked in their allotted spaces and noticed one bin that was a tad ajar with stuffing like a sleeping bag was poking out of it. No car was there. When I got up to it and pulled it open a tad to push back the stuffing inside, I heard "you BITCH. I'm gonna kill you!" and this huge black dude comes rolling out of it. I freaked and ran elbows to assholes and I could hear him hollering behind me but he stopped before he got to the center of the complex where the office was. Mr. Gracie and a few tenants went to go look and he was gone but his stuff was still in the bin. When the tenant got home that had that space, he said he did not use his storage there and never looked inside it cuz he put nothing in there. So we had a bum living in it and nobody knew until I stumbled upon it.

Called the cops and they removed his shit and from then on I walked the grounds WITH someone besides being alone back there.

Anyway...it was close to xmas and Mr. Gracie asked me what I wanted for xmas and I said a 357 magnum. And that is exactly what he got me..which came in handy when I had to patrol the alley of another complex we managed a few years later that was gang infested. They all knew the managers were packing so they didn't fuck with us, thank God.

So here is the question. IF I had had matilda (I always name my stuff..even a gun, lol), I woulda shot that huge black guy with no second thoughts. IF he had caught me, he WOULD have killed me. Sure as shit.

So if you were me, and had a gun, what would YOU had done in the same scenario? Just run and hope like hell you didn't trip and fall? Or shoot his sorry ass?

Now, before answering, how is that ANY different than what that cop with Brown experienced?
Did he punch you?

Comparisons end there.

I have no idea what the law is where you live, but if you had killed him, you would have been in for years of Hell even if never convicted of anything.

I caught a bunch of kids in my garage about 2am on time.

Had I feared for my life, I could have killed all of them.

Armed with an AK-47 and a spotlight, THEY feared for their lives.

Now, had one made on false move, or even appeared to be aggressive, or go for a weapon, I'd have wasted him.

Um, maybe for you. But for ME, at that moment, I woulda shot his ass. Period. And I have a right to ANY bin in that complex. Maybe you should read the OP again.
Okay, you have a right to that bin, I agree. But legally, can you shoot someone because they yelled at you and scared you? I think they have to be more of a threat to you than that. Remember, he ran away from you!
I have no idea what the law in Ne-he-ma is.

In Louisiana, if she was on her property, or property she was authorized to protect, and could prove to a reasonable person that she feared for her life, she could have shot him.

Better kill them if you shoot though.

If someone were to say such a thing to me, I would take them out and then simply say with a smile, "Not if you die first!" :) :) :)

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. The best way for evil to triumph is for good to stand there and not do a thing and if anyone thinks that good isn't worth the self defense, well may God take care of their kind. :) :) :)

Good thing you didn't have a gun at the time. Things seemed to turn out pretty okay :thup:

Maybe. Odds are the bad guy attacked and murdered someone else. That's what they do.

Just like the kids playing loud music, the black motorist who followed the cop's instructions to get his license out, the black passenger who reached to the back seat to get his license, the black kid gunned down for assault and on and on and on and on.

No, the yelling is not the issue, chasing after a woman is the issue. There is NO need for the man to have chased after Gracie. THAT'S the point. That act is an attack, Gracie was able to get away but that just means that the lunatic will merely attack someone else. That's what violent lunatics do. They attack and murder people EVERY DAY in this country.

Your non sequiter BS about the cop shooting the guy reaching for his license is a piss poor attempt to equate what I stated with being racist, something your posts show you to be every day. I have always been a supporter of equal treatment for everyone. I don't care if you're black, green, yellow or blue...if you're a violent lunatic, and you attack someone, they have a right to defend themselves. If that results in the death of the violent lunatic that is sad, but ultimately better for the others who would otherwise be attacked by that lunatic.

You can take your ignorant, racist, homophobic arguments and shove them up your keester.

Fact is , a grand jury indicted, a trial jury convicted, and the guy got life.

Anyway...it was close to xmas and Mr. Gracie asked me what I wanted for xmas and I said a 357 magnum. And that is exactly what he got me..which came in handy when I had to patrol the alley of another complex we managed a few years later that was gang infested. They all knew the managers were packing so they didn't fuck with us, thank God.

So here is the question. IF I had had matilda (I always name my stuff..even a gun, lol), I woulda shot that huge black guy with no second thoughts. IF he had caught me, he WOULD have killed me. Sure as shit.

So if you were me, and had a gun, what would YOU had done in the same scenario? Just run and hope like hell you didn't trip and fall? Or shoot his sorry ass?

Now, before answering, how is that ANY different than what that cop with Brown experienced?

It's different only in the aspect that Wilson was trained to protect himself.

Other than that, shooting the attacker is an act of self-defense in both scenarios.

And I would do exactly what you described - shoot the attacker before he was close enough to kill me.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
A .357 is a little light on the punch in my opinion. I have a Taurus .44 Mag Raging Bull.

I'd have popped him.

If someone were to say such a thing to me, I would take them out and then simply say with a smile, "Not if you die first!" :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. The best way for evil to triumph is for good to stand there and not do a thing and if anyone thinks that good isn't worth the self defense, well may God take care of their kind. :) :) :)

So, the "christian" thing to do to someone whose words you don't like is to "take them out".

WTH is wrong with you people?

No, the yelling is not the issue, chasing after a woman is the issue. There is NO need for the man to have chased after Gracie. THAT'S the point. That act is an attack, Gracie was able to get away but that just means that the lunatic will merely attack someone else. That's what violent lunatics do. They attack and murder people EVERY DAY in this country.

Your non sequiter BS about the cop shooting the guy reaching for his license is a piss poor attempt to equate what I stated with being racist, something your posts show you to be every day. I have always been a supporter of equal treatment for everyone. I don't care if you're black, green, yellow or blue...if you're a violent lunatic, and you attack someone, they have a right to defend themselves. If that results in the death of the violent lunatic that is sad, but ultimately better for the others who would otherwise be attacked by that lunatic.

You can take your ignorant, racist, homophobic arguments and shove them up your keester.

Yes, I saw that Gracie said, in a later post, that he chased her.

The rest of what I said stands.

A .357 is a little light on the punch in my opinion. I have a Taurus .44 Mag Raging Bull.

I'd have popped him.
More needed to make a comparison.

A .44 Mag JFN that goes through the body and exits with three fourths of its energy remaining is much less effective than a .357 JHP that dumps all its energy in the body.

And I don't care what all the macho men think or say, I am a macho man too, and a .44 Mag with full loads is very hard to control.

Holly

So, the "christian" thing to do to someone whose words you don't like is to "take them out".

Ignorant people like you are the biggest problem.

Holly

Well what would you do if YOU were the one who was being threatened? Run to the law as if they were your mommy? They only come to life after an ACTION has taken place, NOT words. That one girl on TV ran to her mama June when she was molested and did her mommy do anything about it? No. What makes you think that the authority people are any different? They couldn't even bring the person who took out that Kaylee Anthony girl to justice!

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. I don't believe that the goal in life is to be one step behind a person or group who places a threat on our lives. Why? Because I don't believe that its anyone's goal in life to be another person or people's victim. I don't believe that is why the Lord died for us anyways. He died so that we could be free from such a punishment, not so that the Hell could continue, so what are we supposed to do when someone tries to keep the Hell going for us especially when we don't ask them to do such a thing? Just sit there and let them do whatever it is that they want to do to us? I don't think so. If we want the Hell to continue for us, we can do it ourselves. We don't need anyone's help in doing such a thing.

Last edited:

Yes, I saw that Gracie said, in a later post, that he chased her.

The rest of what I said stands.

Mine does too. And my statements trump yours.

The man was justified in his anger (if this even happened, how would a huge man fit into the storage bin and how would he get up there?) as the OP could have appeared to him as pawing through his stuff (which she did) or trying to stick a knife in him.

But what really interests me about this thread is the OP felt the need to tell us his skin color, even though it is immaterial to the story.

Now why do you suppose that is?

The man was justified in his anger (if this even happened, how would a huge man fit into the storage bin and how would he get up there?) as the OP could have appeared to him as pawing through his stuff (which she did) or trying to stick a knife in him.

But what really interests me about this thread is the OP felt the need to tell us his skin color, even though it is immaterial to the story.

The man had no justification being there.

If you think it's racist that Gracie relayed the story as she experienced it, instead of editing out the bits you don't seem to want mentioned, then that is honestly not her problem, but yours.

Her supposedly long suppressed bigotry and racist attitudes are winning her over?

Forum List

Back