What would you like the state to do?

I never said the state is justified, I'm simply saying that if the state exists, it should attempt to do these things.

You just contradicted yourself
No, I didn't, I'm simply saying that if the state exists, these are the things I would like it to do, Doesn't mean I agree with the oppressive nature of a state, but I'm realistic.
People would rather have big screen tvs and stereos in their cars than health care.
Maybe in a world where capitalists shove that shit down their throats, but I doubt that applies to most people in poverty world wide
Most people in poverty want to be able to feed their kids. Start there. They aren't known for their visions of a better world. The very poor and the very rich have one thing in common, they are both very conservative.
Wrong, just the opposite.

Ah, when one lives under a state, I feel that the state should help the people, yeah, I can obviously give food to everyone.

So if any State and any taxes are justified, then a ubiquitous State and all taxation is justified? Such a high bar you set for yourself
I never said the state is justified, I'm simply saying that if the state exists, it should attempt to do these things.

No, I didn't, I'm simply saying that if the state exists, these are the things I would like it to do, Doesn't mean I agree with the oppressive nature of a state, but I'm realistic.

You don't agree with the oppressive nature of a state, but you want more oppression, got it
Not what he said. If the state exists, use it, but better if it doesn't. Got it now?

People would rather have big screen tvs and stereos in their cars than health care.
People are morons, a fundamental program for Marxists. A thought to have on to.

Start a system that relies on human greed and stupidity, capitalism is a good example, and the people will embrace it like mother's milk.
Humans are stupid and greedy so why wouldn't you base the system off of that?
Humans are not stupid and greedy, human nature goes both ways, And is influenced by the system in place. We evolved and survived due to cooperation, sharing, caring for each other.. Embracing a system that supports greed and exploitation is ridiculous.

Well, obviously, I don't want the state to exist at all, but with the state still existing, I thought it'd be a good idea to get people's ideas on what they would want the state to do. Let's keep it civil.
Here are my ideas:
- Universal Healthcare
- Free Higher Level Education
- Food distribution centers in all major cities/areas with those poverty
- Full employment
- Higher taxes on the top 0.1%
- Reduced military spending, more focus on renewable energy programs/health/education
- Government program to provide housing to the homeless using the existing homes that are unoccupied, or homes that can never sell, etc, etc...
Many more, just a brief list.

You forgot to include "change your diapers" on your list.

So if any State and any taxes are justified, then a ubiquitous State and all taxation is justified? Such a high bar you set for yourself

That is exactly the problem.

Liberal comes home with 60 inch flat screen TV, reaction, $1,000? Bam, a steal! I can't wait to watch the game!

Liberal comes home with medication to control his blood pressure and save his life. WTF? $1,000? Why is this my problem!!!! My employer, the State, someone else should pay this!!!!!
The TV should be 1K. The pill should be $1.00.

Maybe in a world where capitalists shove that shit down their throats, but I doubt that applies to most people in poverty world wide

:wtf:

You think it's "capitalists" who trained people to think their own healthcare is not their problem? How do you figure that?

You don't agree with the oppressive nature of a state, but you want more oppression, got it
Not what he said. If the state exists, use it, but better if it doesn't. Got it now?
Exactly what I've been saying, although it's typical of the idiots on here to go on a rant .

Liberal comes home with 60 inch flat screen TV, reaction, $1,000? Bam, a steal! I can't wait to watch the game!

Liberal comes home with medication to control his blood pressure and save his life. WTF? $1,000? Why is this my problem!!!! My employer, the State, someone else should pay this!!!!!

So you agree with my point?

:wtf:

You think it's "capitalists" who trained people to think their own healthcare is not their problem? How do you figure that?
I was talking about capitalists shoving big screen tvs down people's throats, and it's also the capitalists who push this narrative that healthcare should be for profit.. Idiot.

Most people in poverty want to be able to feed their kids. Start there. They aren't known for their visions of a better world. The very poor and the very rich have one thing in common, they are both very conservative.
You will learn, eventually, I am not wrong.

So you agree with my point?
Nope. The pill for a buck means we stepped in on that one. On the TV, not our concern.

Name one thing in my OP that is oppressive, I'm sure you don't like child labor, I guess since you buy clothes with cotton, you're a hypocrite and want more child labor. Your logic is retarded.
All of them except reducing the military

Poor people I've met are liberal cause they want hand outs. The rich become liberal because they want to feel good about themselves.

Name one thing in my OP that is oppressive, I'm sure you don't like child labor, I guess since you buy clothes with cotton, you're a hypocrite and want more child labor. Your logic is retarded.
All of them except reducing the military
How exactly are they oppressive? I suppose you're relating it back to taxes, which the state will always do, it's a matter of what they're used on. Believe me, I wAnt the state gone, but I'm realistic, and want better conditions for those At the bottom of the "food chain"

Start a system that relies on human greed and stupidity, capitalism is a good example, and the people will embrace it like mother's milk.
Humans are not stupid and greedy, human nature goes both ways, And is influenced by the system in place. We evolved and survived due to cooperation, sharing, caring for each other.. Embracing a system that supports greed and exploitation is ridiculous.
Look at communism. Someone is always greedy and benefiting. I don't believe human nature can support an equal society and happily work for the same as everyone else.

Poor people I've met are liberal cause they want hand outs. The rich become liberal because they want to feel good about themselves.
Utter bullshit, wanting food, shelter, and healthcare? You've never met anyone in actual poverty.

Look at communism. Someone is always greedy and benefiting. I don't believe human nature can support an equal society and happily work for the same as everyone else.
You mean claimed communist states that were oppressive and never claimed they achieved communism? Yeah, ok. I'd give you some good examples, if you refer to my signature.

Poor people aren't liberal, not even close. For that you need an education and usually some form of means, which they don't have.

Utter bullshit, wanting food, shelter, and healthcare? You've never met anyone in actual poverty.
Define poverty then if someone living in section 8 housing or the homeless shelter isn't living in poverty.

I know what he said, it's contradictory. I am against armed robbery, but I'm going to rob people at gunpoint as long as armed robbery exists. It doesn't make sense

Forum List

Back