What's An Acceptable Number Of Innocent People Being Executed?

What you haven't found is a wrongly executed person. You've found people who got death penalties, didn't actually commit the crimes they were convicted of, but committed plenty of others.

You look at your "exonerated" criminals, you get clowns like Rolando Cruz. Been in trouble with the law before, have been in trouble since.

How does one find "a wrongly executed person"?
With a shovel or backhoe?
Iran and China do it your way. Shotgun effect. Go ahead and execute folks. They are probably guilty.
You don't. For obvious reason the state has no interest in opening such a case. The guilty is not going to pursue it. As time passes, evidence and witnesses disappears and often there is no one who really cares.

I think one of the strongest arguments against the death penalty is the cost. The death penalty is much more expensive than life without parole because the Constitution requires a long and complex judicial process for capital cases. For example: California could save $1 billion over five years by replacing the death penalty with permanent imprisonment. In New Jersey, which halted executions in 2007, a commission found that switching a single condemned inmate’s sentence to life without parole would save the state $1.3 million in incarceration costs alone, because death-row inmates receive special housing and security.

Death Penalty*:*The High Cost of the Death Penalty
Debating the Cost of Capital Punishment | Parade.com

"evidence and witnesses disappear"
BINGO.

I am a licensed private detective, not part of the criminal justice system.
You really are stupid. Keep it up.
I changed my mind. Do not give it up. You are very funny.

Oh, I see. Professional Cockroach. Got it.

Dealt with one of you guys once. Tried to prove employees were stealing from a company I worked for. Made whole bunches of baseless accusations, never made a case stick in court, a few complaitants even filed lawsuits and the company eventually went out of business, almost restoring my faith in a just God.

Real law enforcement people consider you scum, for good reason. Wannabees. Mall cops get more respect. (And deserve it.)

"Real law enforcement people consider you scum"
You are right, many do. I make 200K a year and they don't.
Like you, some are lazy, never do their homework and get beaten like yard dogs in front of a jury because of their incompetence.
You may not trust the jury system but I do.
But like I stated Moe, move to Iran. They do it your way. I doubt they are as jealous and envious as you are over there though.
Keep it up. You are a funny man.

I am a licensed private detective, not part of the criminal justice system.
You really are stupid. Keep it up.
I changed my mind. Do not give it up. You are very funny.

Oh, I see. Professional Cockroach. Got it.

Dealt with one of you guys once. Tried to prove employees were stealing from a company I worked for. Made whole bunches of baseless accusations, never made a case stick in court, a few complaitants even filed lawsuits and the company eventually went out of business, almost restoring my faith in a just God.

Real law enforcement people consider you scum, for good reason. Wannabees. Mall cops get more respect. (And deserve it.)

Earlier you were calling the cops an abortion and now you are citing them.
You truly are an idiot.
Keep it coming. I love it!!

Speaking of "framed", the OP's question is framed and not intended for honest debate, so the OP was nothing but a faggot ass deflection in itself, along with the "personal choice" bullshit answer to my question. To answer the OP's troll question, my opinion, along with any other fair minded person is we would not want to see any innocent person executed. On that note, how many sociopathic, no good, ass murdering pieces of shit such as the one in the OP's article deserve to breathe the same air as you and i do?

Now let the real deflections begin! :thup:

My opinion is that society has a right to defend itself;

It does not have the right to be vengeful. In my opinion, the death penalty is nothing but vengeance since by the statistical fact that year after year, Texas leads the nation in executions. If it were a deterrent, it would not lead the nation year after year; murders would be on the vast decline in the state and therefore the numbers on death row would be lower and lower.

Now, while I do not support the death penalty, (this may be off the topic) I do favor uniform sentencing. I cannot understand why if you kill a cop, you get the needle and if you happen to kill a non-cop, you may 'only' get life in prison or even a lesser sentence.

I would say this though...that if society is going to kill the most vile criminials; why is murder the threshold? Bernard Madoff probably did more harm to more people than a great many people on death row. Some of the espionage cases that jeopardize national security....it would seem as though they did more damage to the nation than a guy whose emotions got the better of him and killed someone.

I'm against the death penalty, make no mistake. But if you're going to break out the heavy lumber on a criminal, there are several crimes beyond murder that, I feel would warrant the use of it.

The death penalty deters the person that did murder from ever doing it again.
However, the death peanalty does not deter crime of any kind. Additionally, it will never be uniformly applied. I have seen multiple murders where the prosecutor never asked for the death penalty.
You folks need to understand the United States Constitution. ALL defendants are presumed innocent. The burden is on the prosecution to prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt. The FACTS of the case differ in every case and the ability of the prosecution to prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt based on all of the facts varies FROM CASE TO CASE.
That in itself should rule out the death penalty as there is NO way to ever uniformly apply it.

So does life imprisonment...that deters the murderer from ever murdering anybody outside of prison at least.

What has always gotten me about the death penalty is that a great many times, it depends on the victim. If I shoot someone in the face, they may die. They may live. It may depend on their intrinsic health, the caliber of gun I could afford at the time,and even if the ambulance gets caught in traffic on the way to the scene of the shooting.

Somehow my intent to murder the person is thrown out if the person lives? Are you kidding me?

I don't mean to belittle people who believe in the death penalty but you should be smarter about the subject of wanting the punishment to fit the crime.

So, How many people have been Executed that were later found to be Innocent? Got some numbers? Documentation?

Before DNA, yes there were several people on Death Row who were found to be Innocent, but guess what so far there is no proof we killed anyone who was innocent, and even if we did that was back before DNA.

Today Juries only give out the Death penalty in cases where not only was the crime Terrible, but there is hard evidence, Usually DNA evidence against the accused. And even then they spend over 2 Decades on Death Row making multiple Appeals.

Seems to me from here on out, we can be 99.9999% sure of ones guilt before we kill them.
Very rarely is a case of an executed person reopened. The prosecution has no reason to do so and the defense is hardly in a position to pursue it. Even if we have executed some innocent people, the criminal justice system and the public don't want hear it.

Maybe it is a wrong assumption. But you can still answer the question, can't you? Or do you think no mistakes were or are ever made?

Any percentage I give that's above zero you are going to call a crime against humanity, so there's no point in giving a substantive response to this idiotic question.

I disagree. Any mistake can be rectified with the exception of death. Therefore it is not an unreasonable basis for opposition.

Nope. If a man spent a year in jail on a bogus charge, he's lost a year of his life that he can never get back. He's had his reputation smeared and his relationships smashed.

ONE MISTAKE IS TOO MANY,in the CIVILISED WESTERN WORLD,there is no death penalty.

Get rid of your GUNS and Americans will become mentally healthier.

AMERICA IS UNCIVILISED in this regard.....more like Afghanistan and others.

Really? so you're saying that Muslims and the Chinese are barbarians?

RACIST!

As many as possible who commit intentional premeditated murder. I still prefer the bringing back of public hangings. I think it would send a psychological warning to blacks who are thinking about murdering whites since lately we are seeing massive black on white crimes.

I used to feel sorry for you because I thought you were sick in the head when you talked about Palin and everybody makes fun of you. But you deserve everything you get. You're a real creep.

Just wondered what an acceptable number would be for "executing innocent people by mistake" before reviewing the death penalty? What brings this up is the proud record of Texas.

From what I've seen there have been 12 people released from Death Row in Texas. There has also been 755 executed. Now ASSUMING that EVERY ONE of the executed were, in fact, guilty as charged (highly unlikely) that would bring the average to about 1.6% faulty conviction rate.

So what say you? Is more than 1 out of 100 "mistakes" an acceptable number? Would that be considered "collateral damage"?

Your belief that the people released were "innocent" is your first wrong assumption.

What is your belief??? That none of them are innocent???

Nope. Just stating that if we had public hangings which is what used to be done, it would send a message to blacks to think twice about what they are contend to do if it is committing murder. Back in the so called good ole days as you put it, blacks didn't commit as many murders as they do today which is rampant across the nation.

Why in the HELL do you have to try and make this a "black" thing? Go spread your garbage somewhere else and not in my thread.

Because blacks are committing massive crimes across the US. I guess you haven't heard of the black flash mobs attacking whites (at state fairs, restaurants, in the streets) lately that are popping up all over in our cities. Wake up. Blacks murdering whites are a cancer on our society and you can add hispanics to that too.

Where is your proof, you pitiful excuse for a human being??? You're a total disgrace to whites everywhere.

Just wondered what an acceptable number would be for "executing innocent people by mistake" before reviewing the death penalty? What brings this up is the proud record of Texas.

From what I've seen there have been 12 people released from Death Row in Texas. There has also been 755 executed. Now ASSUMING that EVERY ONE of the executed were, in fact, guilty as charged (highly unlikely) that would bring the average to about 1.6% faulty conviction rate.

So what say you? Is more than 1 out of 100 "mistakes" an acceptable number? Would that be considered "collateral damage"?

State by State Database | Death Penalty Information Center

DA who convicted man freed from death row:

NCADP Affiliate: Texas Coalition to Abolish the Death Penalty

What's an acceptable number of innocent unborn babies being executed?...... :eusa_whistle:

Babies are not executed. I always knew that extreme right wingers were ignorant, but you people have set a new record tonight.

"Real law enforcement people consider you scum"
You are right, many do. I make 200K a year and they don't.
Like you, some are lazy, never do their homework and get beaten like yard dogs in front of a jury because of their incompetence.
You may not trust the jury system but I do.
But like I stated Moe, move to Iran. They do it your way. I doubt they are as jealous and envious as you are over there though.
Keep it up. You are a funny man.

As a rule, people who get on the internet and brag about how much money they supposedly make are like people who get on the internet and brag about the size of their genitals...

and aren't to be taken seriously after that. Just to be pitied.

Earlier you were calling the cops an abortion and now you are citing them.
You truly are an idiot.
Keep it coming. I love it!!

No, I was calling the CRIMINAL JUSTICE system an abortion. Obviously your reading comprehension skills are up there with your self-confidence.

The cops do their jobs. It's usually the lawyers who phook things up.

"Let's get a serial killer off death row on a technicality! We're brilliant!"

Seriously, you're proud of that?

just wondered what an acceptable number would be for "executing innocent people by mistake" before reviewing the death penalty? What brings this up is the proud record of texas.

From what i've seen there have been 12 people released from death row in texas. There has also been 755 executed. Now assuming that every one of the executed were, in fact, guilty as charged (highly unlikely) that would bring the average to about 1.6% faulty conviction rate.

state by state database | death penalty information center

da who convicted man freed from death row:

ncadp affiliate: Texas coalition to abolish the death penalty

zero

Can there be ANY doubt that ALL forms of totalitarianism and oppressive government comes from the right?

There can be no doubt - - - if you only listen to far left lying sacks of shit and never bother to so much as glance at history. You fucking idiot.

Let's just put all the BS to rest, shall we?

Rick Perry had an innocent man executed, and should be made to answer

"...Not only did Governor Perry deny Willingham’s appeal for clemency even though an expert arson investigator had rebutted all the solid evidence in the case, Perry fired investigators who were about to provide Willingham’s innocence."
Perry: Willingham

Daily Kos: Rick Perry had an innocent man executed, and should be made to answer

Bottom line: Essentially we've got a re-tread of the Shrub with an ability to actually give a coherent speech...Jeezus, do we have to go through this again?

Perry did not have an innocent man executed. The state of Texas tried the man, and proved he was guilty, After that all of his appeals failed, including his appeal to the Supreme Court of the United States. That made his execution inevitable under Texas law unless the board of Pardons and Paroles recommended clemency. Since they never did Perry could not have prevented it if he wanted to.

If you want to go after him at least go after him for what he did, which was work to hide the facts that would have proven the state was wrong. I really hate it when idiots force me to defend politicians.

Forum List

Back