What's An Acceptable Number Of Innocent People Being Executed?

Let's just put all the BS to rest, shall we?

Rick Perry had an innocent man executed, and should be made to answer

"...Not only did Governor Perry deny Willingham’s appeal for clemency even though an expert arson investigator had rebutted all the solid evidence in the case, Perry fired investigators who were about to provide Willingham’s innocence."
Perry: Willingham

Daily Kos: Rick Perry had an innocent man executed, and should be made to answer

Bottom line: Essentially we've got a re-tread of the Shrub with an ability to actually give a coherent speech...Jeezus, do we have to go through this again?

Perry did not have an innocent man executed. The state of Texas tried the man, and proved he was guilty, After that all of his appeals failed, including his appeal to the Supreme Court of the United States. That made his execution inevitable under Texas law unless the board of Pardons and Paroles recommended clemency. Since they never did Perry could not have prevented it if he wanted to.

If you want to go after him at least go after him for what he did, which was work to hide the facts that would have proven the state was wrong. I really hate it when idiots force me to defend politicians.

Are you saying the Governor cannot stay an execution in Texas? I think you're incorrect about that.

The governor can issue a single 30 day stay of execution. That will not prevent an execution, which means he cannot stop it even if he wants to. Most of the executive power in Texas lies with the bureaucracy, not the governor.

"...Not only did Governor Perry deny Willingham’s appeal for clemency even though an expert arson investigator had rebutted all the solid evidence in the case, Perry fired investigators who were about to provide Willingham’s innocence."

Daily Kos: Rick Perry had an innocent man executed, and should be made to answer

Bottom line: Essentially we've got a re-tread of the Shrub with an ability to actually give a coherent speech...Jeezus, do we have to go through this again?

Perry did not have an innocent man executed. The state of Texas tried the man, and proved he was guilty, After that all of his appeals failed, including his appeal to the Supreme Court of the United States. That made his execution inevitable under Texas law unless the board of Pardons and Paroles recommended clemency. Since they never did Perry could not have prevented it if he wanted to.

If you want to go after him at least go after him for what he did, which was work to hide the facts that would have proven the state was wrong. I really hate it when idiots force me to defend politicians.

How do you know this??? Unless you provide some kind of proof you have no basis for making these comments. It's the same as lying.

USArmyRetired said:
I still prefer the bringing back of public hangings. I think it would send a psychological warning to blacks who are thinking about murdering whites since lately we are seeing massive black on white crimes.

LOL, you just advocated lynchings.

But I'm sure you're NOT racist.

Words have meanings, to Lynch someone is illegal. If someone is CONVICTED and SENTENCED to hang and you hang them in the Public square that is not LYNCHING. You people have real problems with words don't you?

LOL now that is funny, If the evidence was hidden how do you know for sure it "would have proven the state was wrong"

Seems you like to make assumptions with out any real evidence to back them up.

Actually, I am stating an opinion based on my knowledge of the facts of the case. The only real debate was whether it was negligence on the part of the City of Corsicana or the State Fire Marshall when they ruled that arson was the cause of the fire that killed Josh Willingham's children. Perry's replacement of 3 board members prevented that finding from ever being made. Here are the actual findings of the State Forensics Commission that Perry prevented from investigating the negligence issue. They clearly believe that the science behind arson investigations in 1991 was flawed, and recommended that all convictions be reviewed in the light of newer standards of investigation that actually depend on experiment, not what someone believes from looking at a few fires and guessing at what happened.

http://www.fsc.state.tx.us/documents/FINAL.pdf

The simple fact is that arson investigation was flawed. The investigator testified at the trial that the only way to get certain burn patterns that were seen at the scene were impossible from an accidental fire. Experimentation has proven that those patterns are actually quite common in household fires since that time. It is remotely possible Willingham actually set that fire, but there is not enough evidence to support that conclusion.

He probably would not be charged with a crime if the exact same thing happened today, and even if he was, there would be no death penalty because it would be impossible to prove premeditation. that makes the state wrong.

How do you know this??? Unless you provide some kind of proof you have no basis for making these comments. It's the same as lying.

I know it because I can read. If you can read I suggest you read the conclusions of the Forensic Science Commission of the State of Texas.

http://www.fsc.state.tx.us/documents/FINAL.pdf

By the way, lying is knowingly telling an untruth, not giving an unsubstantiated opinion.

There is a high profile case in Texas right now. There was supposed to be an execution tonight and I just found out it was stopped. I'm so glad!!! If you read the story in its entirety, I think it will surprise some of you.

Supreme Court halts killer's execution in Texas

Lawyers for Texas man on death row had asked Gov. Rick Perry for clemency

HUNTSVILLE, Texas — The U.S. Supreme Court Thursday halted the execution of a black man convicted of a double murder in Texas 16 years ago after his lawyers contended his sentence was unfair because of a question asked about race during his trial. Buck's case is one of six convictions that the state's then-top attorney reviewed in 2000 and said needed to be reopened because of the racially charged statements made during the sentencing phase of the trial. A psychologist told jurors that black criminals were more likely to pose a future danger to the public if they are released.

Duane Buck, 48, was spared from lethal injection when the justices, without comment, said they would review an appeal in his case. The reprieve came nearly two hours into a six-hour window when Buck could have been taken to the death chamber. Texas officials, however, refused to move forward with the punishment while legal issues were pending.

A similar request for a reprieve was made to Texas Gov. Rick Perry. Perry is the Republican frontrunner for the GOP presidential nomination and his actions have now come under closer scrutiny. Perry, however, wasn't in the state Thursday and any decision on a reprieve from the governor's office would have fallen to Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst.

Supreme Court halts killer's Texas execution - US news - Crime & courts - msnbc.com

Well what a indubitable photograph,showing America at its worst,I note with some distain that it is a ******(that awful American expression,not used anywhere else) about to be hung,with white Americans looking(no doubt cheering)on. I'm sure the Retired(or was he made to Retire,I would imagine so,with a mind like his) would LOVED to have been one of the people in HIS PHOTO!!!!!!!!!

Americans too, made Lynching an Art Form......appaulling as it was,not much has really changed has it??????you still execute.
its like watching the Taliban and others,in more CIVILISED Countries the Death Penalty has been Abolished years ago.
As Americans how do you feel regarding your Barbaric behaviour,and the eye for an eye mentality.

The STUPID comments below by the Retired US Army Idiot only shows how Moronic some American really are,as for the Retired,he shows quite clearly by his horrible comments that he is SCUM.both psychological and physical SCUM.:cuckoo::evil::cuckoo:I'm theliq and I kick Assholes like this because I can and DO:cool::clap2::cool:
USArmyRetired said:
I still prefer the bringing back of public hangings. I think it would send a psychological warning to blacks who are thinking about murdering whites since lately we are seeing massive black on white crimes.

LOL, you just advocated lynchings.

Nope. Just stating that if we had public hangings which is what used to be done, it would send a message to blacks to think twice about what they are contend to do if it is committing murder. Back in the so called good ole days as you put it, blacks didn't commit as many murders against whites as they do today which is rampant across the nation. They new their place back then.

The last public hanging was carried out in Owensboro, Kentucky, in 1936, Look at the spectators.

Rainey_Bethea_hanging_big.jpg

Last edited:
AND YOU WANT A TNUC LIKE PERRY FOR PRESIDENT.......Americans get Madder by the day:cool:

Are you saying the Governor cannot stay an execution in Texas? I think you're incorrect about that.

about to be hung,with white Americans looking(no doubt cheering)on. ]

You don't know that anyone was "cheering on" you dishonest shit. Do you know all the particular circumstances behind that photo?

When Gov. Ryan commuted the sentences of 168 dirtbags on IL's death row, 7 of them were convicted of killing people IN PRISON! Without the threat of death, there's really nothing keeping a "lifer" from killing his fellow inmates or even a prison employee.

Wrong, DaGoofe told me all murderers would rather die than have to serve a long prison sentence..... :thup:

is that a joke, Or are you just an idiot.

Prison is paradise for a Sadistic, Controlling Murderer.

No, DaGoofe is the idiot, he thinks they'd rather die than be in prison, your sarcasm detector needs a little work my friend.... :lol:

When Gov. Ryan commuted the sentences of 168 dirtbags on IL's death row, 7 of them were convicted of killing people IN PRISON! Without the threat of death, there's really nothing keeping a "lifer" from killing his fellow inmates or even a prison employee.

Wrong, DaGoofe told me all murderers would rather die than have to serve a long prison sentence..... :thup:

Ok....now you're just lying. Never did I ever say that ALL prisoners would rather die than serve life in prison. But I have offered support of my position that many consider a life sentence worse than the death penalty.

One source of evidence on the extent of pain associated with a life sentence
is provided by condemned prisoners who tell us point blank that a life
sentence is worse than a death sentence. These are not just empty words. A
remarkable 123 prisoners—11% of the 1,099 executions carried out at the
time of this writing—have dropped their appeals and allowed themselves to
be killed (Death Penalty Information Center, 2008).

http://www.realcostofprisons.org/materials/americas_other_death_penalty.pdf

And yet what have YOU offered? Your opinion? Well fuck you. Your opinion doesn't mean jack shit. I already attested to what life in prison is about via my BROTHER and good friend of which both have spent most of their adult lives in prison. You probably wouldn't know a prisoner if he come up and slapped your candy ass.

Now since you can't offer any kind of reasonable argument I will kindly ask you to fuck off and go post your childish and idiotic insults somewhere else.

But hey, I mean that in the nicest way. :razz:

Holy back pedals batman, you've stated your opinion that the death penalty is wrong because life in prison is worse, now you're saying it's a lie... :lol: If anyone tried to slap my "candy ass" they wouldn't like the consequences, whether it's a clown like you or a tough guy prisoner like your brother. My "reasonable argument" would be every prisoner on death row that wants their execution sentence changed to life in prison, not some article about ONE guy or a story about your brother. All you basically have is your moonbat opinion, deal with it....

P.S. On a serious note, i'm assuming your brother hasn't committed suicide while in prison, which is a good thing, but it makes my point that he'd rather be alive in prison than dead.......

Last edited:
The West Memphis three were in prison for 18 years. They are innocent. Not even getting into the Innocence project and those on death row that have been exonerated.

As I said, full of shit....

Exhibit A as to why some people should not be allowed to vote...

Sorry, but there is no proof that they are innocent.

As usual the libturd lies about the facts.

And, yes, some people should not be allowed to vote, like libturds who lie all the time.

Zero.

Incarcerating an innocent person is a wrong that can be righted. No, you can't give someone back their years spent in jail if they win on appeal, but their name can be cleared and they can be given a second chance at life.

Killing an innocent person is a wrong with no means of recourse, it cannot be undone.

So long as the justice system is imperfect (that is, run by humans) and even moreso when it is systematically biased and at the mercy of politicians, no death penalty can be in place without murdering innocent people which is an offense against justice, morality, and society so great that it should definitively end the practice forever.
This. Except I'd go further and say the state has no business executing anyone.

Forum List

Back