What's An Acceptable Number Of Innocent People Being Executed?

Right, because innocent people have never been convicted of crimes they didn't commit. :cuckoo:

Where did I say that? However, the possibility that someone can sit on death row for 20 years making appeal after appeal after appeal and still be innocent is pretty close to zero.

You don't have a clue do you?

Neither does Drivebypussy. He thinks that prisoners just LOVE prison life and thinks his opinion should be taken as gospel truth. :lol:

Well, pick some history and let's see who has accurate sources and who spews propaganda.

I heard Ray McGovern, a retired CIA agent whose expertise was the old Soviet Union and the Eastern Bloc countries say the propaganda coming out of Fox News is at the same level as Pravda. But I suspect most Russians knew Pravda was propaganda.

Did you say "accurate"? You cite one person's political opinion and boast of "accurate sources"? And you didn't even try to say something about government. You just mentioned a news outlet you don't 'like.' Are you fucking kidding?

Let's pick some history indeed. How about the USSR? The PRC? Pol Pot? How's that for oppression and totalitarianism, champ?

OK, let's start with a fact, and explore the premise...

While not all conservatives are authoritarians; all highly authoritarian personalities are political conservatives.]

That is ridiculous bullshit, and no amount of JV semantics can change it.

Did you say "accurate"? You cite one person's political opinion and boast of "accurate sources"? And you didn't even try to say something about government. You just mentioned a news outlet you don't 'like.' Are you fucking kidding?

Let's pick some history indeed. How about the USSR? The PRC? Pol Pot? How's that for oppression and totalitarianism, champ?

OK, let's start with a fact, and explore the premise...

While not all conservatives are authoritarians; all highly authoritarian personalities are political conservatives.]

That is ridiculous bullshit, and no amount of JV semantics can change it.

OK, define conservatism...

Ok....now you're just lying. Never did I ever say that ALL prisoners would rather die than serve life in prison. But I have offered support of my position that many consider a life sentence worse than the death penalty.

http://www.realcostofprisons.org/materials/americas_other_death_penalty.pdf

And yet what have YOU offered? Your opinion? Well fuck you. Your opinion doesn't mean jack shit. I already attested to what life in prison is about via my BROTHER and good friend of which both have spent most of their adult lives in prison. You probably wouldn't know a prisoner if he come up and slapped your candy ass.

Now since you can't offer any kind of reasonable argument I will kindly ask you to fuck off and go post your childish and idiotic insults somewhere else.

But hey, I mean that in the nicest way. :razz:

Holy back pedals batman, you've stated your opinion that the death penalty is wrong because life in prison is worse, now you're saying it's a lie... :lol: If anyone tried to slap my "candy ass" they wouldn't like the consequences, whether it's a clown like you or a tough guy prisoner like your brother. My "reasonable argument" would be every prisoner on death row that wants their execution sentence changed to life in prison, not some article about ONE guy or a story about your brother. All you basically have is your moonbat opinion, deal with it....

P.S. On a serious note, i'm assuming your brother hasn't committed suicide while in prison, which is a good thing, but it makes my point that he'd rather be alive in prison than dead.......

You must be putting me on because I don't think anyone could a fucking stupid as you're acting.

I've stated that MANY prisoners would rather be put to death than spend life behind bars w/o parole. And I backed my claim up with personal knowledge, links and quotes.

YOU, on the other hand think prison life is so wonderful that every "lifer" would rather live out their days in prison than be put to death. Yet you admit you know nobody behind bars and you offer nothing to back up your idiotic statements.

Oh yeah. You're really winning this one alright. :cuckoo:

You're a dipshit.

Link where i said i know no one behind bars, liar..... :thup:

You're the one projecting a few opinions as fact, imbecile....:cuckoo:

Where did I say that? However, the possibility that someone can sit on death row for 20 years making appeal after appeal after appeal and still be innocent is pretty close to zero.

You don't have a clue do you?

Neither does Drivebypussy. He thinks that prisoners just LOVE prison life and thinks his opinion should be taken as gospel truth. :lol:

Dagoofe thinks everyone is just as pussified as he is and would rather die than serve a long prison sentence..... :thup:

Perry did not have an innocent man executed. The state of Texas tried the man, and proved he was guilty, After that all of his appeals failed, including his appeal to the Supreme Court of the United States. That made his execution inevitable under Texas law unless the board of Pardons and Paroles recommended clemency. Since they never did Perry could not have prevented it if he wanted to.

If you want to go after him at least go after him for what he did, which was work to hide the facts that would have proven the state was wrong. I really hate it when idiots force me to defend politicians.

Are you saying the Governor cannot stay an execution in Texas? I think you're incorrect about that.

The governor can issue a single 30 day stay of execution. That will not prevent an execution, which means he cannot stop it even if he wants to. Most of the executive power in Texas lies with the bureaucracy, not the governor.

So you agree he could have delayed the execution...all executions? Right?

Holy back pedals batman, you've stated your opinion that the death penalty is wrong because life in prison is worse, now you're saying it's a lie... :lol: If anyone tried to slap my "candy ass" they wouldn't like the consequences, whether it's a clown like you or a tough guy prisoner like your brother. My "reasonable argument" would be every prisoner on death row that wants their execution sentence changed to life in prison, not some article about ONE guy or a story about your brother. All you basically have is your moonbat opinion, deal with it....

P.S. On a serious note, i'm assuming your brother hasn't committed suicide while in prison, which is a good thing, but it makes my point that he'd rather be alive in prison than dead.......

You must be putting me on because I don't think anyone could a fucking stupid as you're acting.

I've stated that MANY prisoners would rather be put to death than spend life behind bars w/o parole. And I backed my claim up with personal knowledge, links and quotes.

YOU, on the other hand think prison life is so wonderful that every "lifer" would rather live out their days in prison than be put to death. Yet you admit you know nobody behind bars and you offer nothing to back up your idiotic statements.

You're a dipshit.

I backed my opinions with personal knowledge, links and quotes.

You? Nothing except insults and fallacy based statements that we're supposed to assume are facts. :cuckoo:

You lose.

'Nuff said

All of them that are convicted of committing a capital crime. We just don't need murders around take up space and using law abiding citizens resources.

It's been 50 years. What people think now in no way changes what I said about what they thought in the 1960s.

More importantly there was no proof they were guilty.

but found guilty in a court of law.

You reconcile this how?

Lazy cops, politically motivated DA's - one of the worst aspects of your legal system - judges and DAs are political appointments, not based on ability.

In the end it was a dodgy confession by a mildly retarded kid, defense lawyers trying to get the best deal for their clients instead of trying to find the truth. Luckily DNA evidence came into being and they were found to have nothing to do with the incident.

Once again lazy police, politically motivated DAs made sure the convictions weren't quashed to stave off lawsuits and they have closed the case.

Not too sure how people feel in Memphis that a killer of three young boys is running around loose (unless he has died or has been locked up on another charge). The police and DA sure don't give a fuck...as long as they don't look bad. Much more important than finding killer(s) it seems...

In Texas most judges--including I think the supreme court justices--are elected.

All of them that are convicted of committing a capital crime. We just don't need murders around take up space and using law abiding citizens resources.

Oh that's hilarious. Do you know how much it costs to execute someone these days?

I think the latest numbers were around 1.2 million dollars.

Oh that's hilarious. Do you know how much it costs to execute someone these days?

I think the latest numbers were around 1.2 million dollars.

Get ready for a bunch of posts proclaiming that we need to streamline the process to where there is less appeals process, less examination, re-examination, etc...

You're a dipshit.

You? Nothing except insults and fallacy based statements that we're supposed to assume are facts. :cuckoo:

You lose.

'Nuff said

Links and quotes are facts only in liberal la la land, which is obviously where you reside....:cuckoo:

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate uphill.

But what'ya gonna do... :dunno:

You lose.

'Nuff said

Links and quotes are facts only in liberal la la land, which is obviously where you reside....:cuckoo:

You got nothing and you know it. It's REALLY gotta suck being you.

But I do admire the fact that you keep trying to win the battle of wits even though you're unarmed.

Last edited:

You lose.

'Nuff said

You got nothing and you know it. It's REALLY gotta suck being you.

But I do admire the fact that you keep trying to win the battle of wits even though you're unarmed.

You still don't know the difference between fact and opinion, but you've got the 100 year old cliche's down to a science.... :thup:

Just wondered what an acceptable number would be for "executing innocent people by mistake" before reviewing the death penalty? What brings this up is the proud record of Texas.

From what I've seen there have been 12 people released from Death Row in Texas. There has also been 755 executed. Now ASSUMING that EVERY ONE of the executed were, in fact, guilty as charged (highly unlikely) that would bring the average to about 1.6% faulty conviction rate.

So what say you? Is more than 1 out of 100 "mistakes" an acceptable number? Would that be considered "collateral damage"?

State by State Database | Death Penalty Information Center

DA who convicted man freed from death row:

NCADP Affiliate: Texas Coalition to Abolish the Death Penalty

well as has been discussed on another thread recently we are dealing with a lot of assumptions here .
of course the acceptable # is 0
there are a lot of sites mostly run by (anti DP advocats )) promoting the innocence of some who have been convicted and executed but IN NOT ONE case has the been irrifutable evidence that the person was innocent of the crime he/she was executed for .

but i agree we are human mistakes* could* have been made
when mistakes are discovered (like in the 12 released ) corrective action is taken
Before conviction you get the benefit of the doubt but not after conviction. Most convicted felons have very limited financial resources and thus must rely on a public defender who also has very limited resources. In most cases the effort is a brief review of the trial transcript to see if there was some mistake made in the trial. Interviewing witnesses and chasing down leads is something for the movies, not real life. If you're convicted and you're innocent, your best chance of getting out is parole.

There are a lot of people who go to prison that are innocent. To believe that no innocent person is executed requires a huge amount of faith in a very flawed system.

Forum List

Back