What's An Acceptable Number Of Innocent People Being Executed?

All of them that are convicted of committing a capital crime. We just don't need murders around take up space and using law abiding citizens resources.

Oh that's hilarious. Do you know how much it costs to execute someone these days?

I think the latest numbers were around 1.2 million dollars.

That's only because of turds like you doing everything possible to gum up the works.

All of them that are convicted of committing a capital crime. We just don't need murders around take up space and using law abiding citizens resources.

Oh that's hilarious. Do you know how much it costs to execute someone these days?

I think the latest numbers were around 1.2 million dollars.

That's only because of turds like you doing everything possible to gum up the works.

Move to Iran. They don't have Due Process so you'll be plenty happy there.

Are you saying the Governor cannot stay an execution in Texas? I think you're incorrect about that.

The governor can issue a single 30 day stay of execution. That will not prevent an execution, which means he cannot stop it even if he wants to. Most of the executive power in Texas lies with the bureaucracy, not the governor.

So you agree he could have delayed the execution...all executions? Right?
under certain cercumstances yes the governor of texas can delay executions **for a limited time* unless its recommended by the parole board he /she CANNOT commute the sentence

HOW MANY TIMES DO WE HAVE TO TELL YOU THAT ..jesus you are so dumb

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder

Last edited:
Just wondered what an acceptable number would be for "executing innocent people by mistake" before reviewing the death penalty? What brings this up is the proud record of Texas.

From what I've seen there have been 12 people released from Death Row in Texas. There has also been 755 executed. Now ASSUMING that EVERY ONE of the executed were, in fact, guilty as charged (highly unlikely) that would bring the average to about 1.6% faulty conviction rate.

So what say you? Is more than 1 out of 100 "mistakes" an acceptable number? Would that be considered "collateral damage"?

State by State Database | Death Penalty Information Center

DA who convicted man freed from death row:

NCADP Affiliate: Texas Coalition to Abolish the Death Penalty

Zero.

Let's just put all the BS to rest, shall we?

Rick Perry had an innocent man executed, and should be made to answer

"...Not only did Governor Perry deny Willingham’s appeal for clemency even though an expert arson investigator had rebutted all the solid evidence in the case, Perry fired investigators who were about to provide Willingham’s innocence."
Perry: Willingham

Daily Kos: Rick Perry had an innocent man executed, and should be made to answer

Bottom line: Essentially we've got a re-tread of the Shrub with an ability to actually give a coherent speech...Jeezus, do we have to go through this again?

Perry did not have an innocent man executed. The state of Texas tried the man, and proved he was guilty, After that all of his appeals failed, including his appeal to the Supreme Court of the United States. That made his execution inevitable under Texas law unless the board of Pardons and Paroles recommended clemency. Since they never did Perry could not have prevented it if he wanted to.

If you want to go after him at least go after him for what he did, which was work to hide the facts that would have proven the state was wrong. I really hate it when idiots force me to defend politicians.

Are you saying the Governor cannot stay an execution in Texas? I think you're incorrect about that.
everyone is entitled to an opinion my butt with you is you dont like perry fine, i dont perticulary like him either . in his favor he has been the longest serving governor in US history in a traditionally democratic state so he must be doing something right
you cant just accuse him of something he didnt do just because of your hate for him

the ADMINISTATION SYSTEM in texas had a man found guilty of murder by 12 of his piers executed
executing a condemmed man ** is not murder ** that is a legal term look it up

any governor of texas follows the same constituton.
didnt hear you bitch like a spoilt child when anne richards ex governor of texas had convicted murderers executed on her watch she was a ( d )
many governors before her where democrats and executions of convicted murderers has been carried out in texas since its conception .
\stick to the facts if you dont like perry FINE your are entitled to your opinion .dont let political dogma get in the way of facts

a private individual could sue you PERRY cant

What innocent people have been executed?

That may be hard to establish. Here are some examples of wrongful convictions with happy endings.
----------------------------------------------------------
Death Penalty and Innocence

Since 1973, over 130 people have been released from death rows throughout the country due to evidence of their wrongful convictions. In 2003 alone, 10 wrongfully convicted defendants were released from death row.

Examples of wrongful convictions:

Arizona: Ray Krone, released in 2002

Spent 10 years in prison in Arizona, including time on death row, for a murder he did not commit. He was the 100th person to be released from death row since 1973. DNA testing proved his innocence.

Illinois: Madison Hobley, Aaron Patterson, Stanley Howard and LeRoy Orange, pardoned in 2003

Sent to death row on the basis of "confessions" extracted through the use of torture by former Chicago Police Commander Jon Burge and other Area 2 police officers in Chicago. They were pardoned by outgoing Governor George Ryan, who also commuted the remaining 167 death sentences in Illinois to life imprisonment.

North Carolina: Jonathon Hoffman, exonerated in 2007

Convicted and sentenced to death for the 1995 murder of a jewelry store owner. During Hoffman's first trial, the state's key witness, Johnell Porter, made undisclosed deals with the prosecutors for testifying against his cousin. Porter has since recanted his testimony, stating that he lied in order to get back at his cousin for stealing money from him.

Factors leading to wrongful convictions include:

Inadequate legal representation
Police and prosecutorial misconduct
Perjured testimony and mistaken eyewitness testimony
Racial prejudice
Jailhouse "snitch" testimony
Suppression and/or misinterpretation of mitigating evidence
Community/political pressure to solve a case

Death Penalty and Innocence | Amnesty International USA

What's an acceptable number of people having thier lives and liberties extinguished by the dregs of society?

Zero.

What does it matter what Color or Persuasion the Angry Mob is, when it it You that is being targeted? How much do you want Justice to factor in when it is your life that is at stake? Do you in general seek to establish it or deny it?

The governor can issue a single 30 day stay of execution. That will not prevent an execution, which means he cannot stop it even if he wants to. Most of the executive power in Texas lies with the bureaucracy, not the governor.

So you agree he could have delayed the execution...all executions? Right?

I never said he couldn't, I said he cannot stop them. He can't.

Racial prejudice

The single most important Factor that's not on your list?

Innocence.

Racial prejudice

The single most important Factor that's not on your list?

Innocence.

Very Astute.
It is the most important factor.
If all doubt is removed relating to Innocence or Guilt, I relate.

What's an acceptable number of people having thier lives and liberties extinguished by the dregs of society?

Zero.

What does it matter what Color or Persuasion the Angry Mob is, when it it You that is being targeted? How much do you want Justice to factor in when it is your life that is at stake? Do you in general seek to establish it or deny it?
Precisely. It is refreshing to see an originalist. An individualist.

~Kudos.

Forum List

Back