What's happened to the liberals here?

what I have to admit really disappoints me about the left here today and on most boards is the blind eye they turn to actions by Obama they criticized bush for.

As opposed to many on the right here today who roundly criticize Obama for continuing the same policies they supported under Bush?

The criticism of Booooooooosh by most of the liberals was rabid and disconnected from rationality.

Still, if the many liberals who attempted to lambaste the former President had any inclination to be objective, then logically they should be JUST as aghast at the performance of Obama.

So, on that note, here's an alternative thought. IF these liberals are unwilling to be critical of The ONE, now, then maybe that's because they have come to realize that the policies themselves may not be AS horrifying as they previously maintained. If so, it might be worth a moment to consider (possibly) acknowledging that at least SOME of the verbal assault directed AT President Bush was misguided and unfair.

If not, and Boooooosh still supposedly merits their unmitigated condemnation, then logically, it appears these critical liberals ought to be willing to speak the same things of Obama. That rarely happens however.

Several liberals here still can and do offer arguments in support of their positions.

But by and large, the liberals have gotten fat, lazy and stupid feeding off of the carrion brought about by this myopic President and the liberal Democratics in the House.

For the most part, they have been seduced by the fact that they are "in power" and thus do not have to work hard to get anything. Instead, they imagine that since they are the ones weilding power, all who oppose them must be losers and a stupid blight on the land. They act accordingly: dismissive, petty and arrogant.

The worst part is, they actually think this is enough to win a debate.

Liberals have gotten lazy in providing intellectual arguments. It comes from Conservatives lowering the intellectual bar to a point where no effort is necessary

No. But that ^ is exactly the kind of baseless self congratulatory "thinking" from liberals that I (in part) had just noted.

Don't fret. You may not be one of them, but several of your liberal compatriots actually do have the ability and willingness to engage in reasoned discussions and debate.

It's merely a case of lowering your game to he level of your opposition

Don't want it to look too easy

OP- Nothing- But over the last 20 years, Pubdupes have become loudmouth arrogant brainwashed fools of the greedy idiot rich.

Yup, knowledgeable, non bought off people are liberals, dumbazz a-holes are Pub dupes, quite a shock. And real journalists seek the truth without bias, unlike the RW sources that organize all the stupid, hateful Pubcrappe for you chumps.

Check the 200 billionnaire supported Examiner, Murdoch rags, ridiculous orgs, institutes, bloggers etc etc that lockstep copy the newest BS RW "outrage" within minutes. Dems don't have a propaganda machine, just a couple of underfunded factcheckers and old style journalists, too often directed by corporate cowards. Change the gd channel, tools of the greedy idiot rich. Your sources are liars. lol See sig for facts you're not told, and bs you are.

Last edited:
Bush et al were a total catastrophe in every way imaginable, dingbats. It's amazing how well Obama has done, and especilly against 24/7 mindless Pub obstruction and fear mongering. GTF out of the way...

Last edited:
When I joined there were liberals here who could actually articulate an argument. They actually had some kind of fact to back it up. Where did all thsoe people go? Now we have people who are simply off their meds. People raving that everything under the sun is Bush's fault. That we all hate Obama because he's black. The craziest, nuttiest theories and explanations, frequently if not always predicated on incorrect facts or pure fantasy. You can't argue with crazy.
Is it that Obama has been so disappointing to the Left, I mean the actual Left with some kind of education and intelligence, that they have intellectually abandoned him? THey wont criticize him publicly but they sure arent defending him either. I dunno. I know the quality of argument from the Left has descended from unbelievable to downright stupid and delusional.

I think there is a hyper- hypocrisy at work on the left, and note- the Alinsky tactics don't work when you have the power..........

That being said; however, I was on another board years ago and when bush went south, the arguments of the right to an extent followed....

This is a message board, on the Internet, if one cannot be honest here then, well...:doubt:

It admit it wasn't easy admitting Iraq was a strategic disaster, we didn't find the wmds we are looking for etc....but it is what it is.....

I think some on the left are in dire need of a Road to Damascus moment....*shrugs*

When I joined there were liberals here who could actually articulate an argument. They actually had some kind of fact to back it up. Where did all thsoe people go? Now we have people who are simply off their meds. People raving that everything under the sun is Bush's fault. That we all hate Obama because he's black. The craziest, nuttiest theories and explanations, frequently if not always predicated on incorrect facts or pure fantasy. You can't argue with crazy.
Is it that Obama has been so disappointing to the Left, I mean the actual Left with some kind of education and intelligence, that they have intellectually abandoned him? THey wont criticize him publicly but they sure arent defending him either. I dunno. I know the quality of argument from the Left has descended from unbelievable to downright stupid and delusional.

I've noticed that only Lakhota and his/her band of tyrants are all that remain. Sometimes I wonder if they are DoJ or DHS disinformation agents that post on multiple boards and websites.

For instance, ToddsterPatriot is an obvious Federal Reserve/IRS disinfo agent, he only logs onto these boards and posts (very good but deceitful arguments) in favor of the Federal Reserve. If the Authoritarians want a chance at dominating and ensalving us, they need to hire more Toddster Patriots (Loyalist) and fire their Lakhota's.

I've noticed that only Lakhota and his/her band of tyrants are all that remain. Sometimes I wonder if they are DoJ or DHS disinformation agents that post on multiple boards and websites.

For instance, ToddsterPatriot is an obvious Federal Reserve/IRS disinfo agent, he only logs onto these boards and posts (very good but deceitful arguments) in favor of the Federal Reserve. If the Authoritarians want a chance at dominating and ensalving us, they need to hire more Toddster Patriots (Loyalist) and fire their Lakhota's.

You are obviously a paid stooge for the NRA

Anyone that says "thats what happens when blacks run things" is an admitted racist. What else would you call a person who says that?

Anyone who uses the word "race" must be a racist. Since you used the word often that makes you a racist. Right?

You claimed I was an admitted racist. I challenged you to post where I admitted it. You have failed. You have made a fool of yourself once again, as you always do whenever you try to debate me. You always bring up my views on thsi but somehow are never able to counter them.
Does the current situation of the Obama Administration refute or support my contention that blacks tend to fail when put in high office?

"I swear I'm not a racist...I just happen to think blacks tend to fail when put in high office"

Obama was not put into office. He was elected into office. Typical wing nut lingo, though. Twisted!:evil:

Forum List

Back